“Great price, huge rooms, and easy to get to downtown attractions!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Louis City Center Hotel

You added St. Louis City Center Hotel to your Saves list
St. Louis City Center Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South 14th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Formerly Sheraton City Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$70 (USD)
Ranked #74 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hudsonville, Michigan
“Great price, huge rooms, and easy to get to downtown attractions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and would definitely come back. Some of what the other negative reviews have mentioned is true- the location is a little bit strange, the decor could use some updating, and there are some stains on the carpet. My response to that is BIG DEAL! There are many more positives! For a family, the room arrangement would have to be the biggest perk. Having a separate bedroom and living space was huge, along with the mini fridge. Our room was clean upon arrival and was cleaned every day of our stay. The pool and hit fun was great for the kids, too. We had the breakfast buffet 2 mornings and it was great (Larry was our server both times and he went above and beyond!). We used the downtown trolley to get around downtown ($2 for adults and $1 for kids- all day pass). Parking at the hotel was easy- yes, you have to pay to park your car, but that is true of any big city hotel. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Sheraton_STL, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
kater76,

We can't wait to be your host hotel the next time you are in St. Louis. We will be sure to let Larry know you enjoyed the excellent service he provided in the restaurant. Our housekeeping team works hard to provide our guests with clean and comfortable accomodations. They will be glad to hear you enjoyed your guest room. Thanks for the postive feedback (and the constructive feedback).

We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My 4 year old grandson and I stayed here. We rode AmTrak into St. Louis. The train station is right across the street from the hotel. We had a double queen suite. The room had a mini refrigerator which came in handy for snacks. The on-site restaurant and indoor pool are pluses.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear IAKoalaGal,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites for your recent hotel visit. We truly appreciate your patronage and appreciate the time you took to share your experience after your departure. It is valued conscientious Guests such as yourself that provide us the feedback necessary to continue to improve our products and services.

Once again, we thank you for staying with us and we hope that we have earned your loyalty and future business. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and our 9yr old DD just got back from this hotel and we loved it! We stayed in a King Rm with a Queen Sofa bed and it was absolutely gorgeous. We didn't feel like we were on top of each other and it seemed very spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We called and asked for extra towels and they were there in 5 mins and even the night manager made sure we knew what times the pool was open and any other questions we had. Overall the stay was enjoyable and I most def will stay here in the future. We stayed in Rm 786 and had a view of the atrium.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton_STL, Front Office Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Anisha,
We are so glad to hear that you, your husband, and daughter enjoyed your visit with us at the Sheraton St. Louis City Center! Our staff here is the most valuable asset we have here at the Sheraton St. Louis City Center and we are glad to hear they took great care of you during your visit with us. Thanks for taking the time to share honest details about your trip. We can't wait to be your host hotel the next time you are in the area! :)
Carbondale, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed at this Sheraton a couple of times a month for the past 6 months. I find the staff very helpful and the hotel clean with no surprises. City transit is right outside the door. Rooms are very spacious. I am a Federal Government employee and rates are great. I will continue to stay here on my business trips.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel for your recent hotel visit. We truly appreciate you staying us and appreciate the time you took to share your experience after your departure. It is valued conscientious Guests such as yourself that provide us the feedback necessary to continue to improve our products and services.

Once again, we thank you for your patronage and hope that we have earned your future business. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton for a weekend getaway for the family. Choose this hotel due to its downtown location and an indoor pool for the kids. When we checked in, which was around 5 PM, we had already had a long exhausting day at the zoo. We were expecting a hastle free relaxing evening, not only for our sake but for our 1 and 3 year old as well. Upon checking in, I asked for a cart so we could load up our luggage. Not only were there no carts but the I wasn't even offered assistance. No one even bothered to go look for the carts or to see if another might be available. I made a total of about five trips up and down from our vehicle to the room without a single person asking if I needed help.
During one of trips back and forth, I was approached by the valet guy asking for my keys. I indicated that I wasn't valeting but he insisted that I give him my keys in the case they need to move my car. I apparently was in a valet parking spot so in the case they needed to park someone car, they would be moving mine. I declined and indicated that I would be right back down within the next five minutes. He argued and brought over another unprofessional clown to try and explain why they needed the keys. I told them I understood, but wasn't comfortable with leaving my keys. After a couple of minutes of arguing with these two, I gave up and handed over my keys. I literally was only three minutes before I was back down and the two nimrods were gone. I had no keys and no way of getting in my locked car. Waited 10 minutes before someone showed back up so I could get in my vehicle.
Finally entirely into the room, I had a chance to look around. We had a 6th floor suite with city view that was absolutely filthy. The carpet way extremley old and worn. The couch and chairs had suspect and disgusting looking stains on them. The bathroom, which when I made the reservation was told would have a separate tub and shower, was cramped, dirty and was not separated. I called down to the front desk to complain, but the phone just rang and rang. I tried about five mintues later and after about 20 rings, someone picks up and tells me to hold. I finally just hung up due to two hungry, tired and screaming kids in the background.
We had access to the club room so we took the kids down for a cold drink and appetizers. Got to the club room and there was no food left. There were also no cold beverages either. We waited around for about 10 minutes, thinking at somepoint, someone would show to refill the food but of course, no luck.
Took the kids to the pool which is on another floor, no problem there, except we have to use a room key to make the elevator move. If you aren't quick enough or if the card is not read correctly, the elevator will move on its own taking you either up or down to another floor, where ever it decides. You have to wait until the elevator stops to try again. Ridiculous. Got to the pool and there are no clean towels. Because of the frigid temperature of the water, we had no choice but to use towels left behind on the chairs beside the pool to dry the kids off. Disgusting.
We go back to the room to bathe the kids and notice not that we were only provided with two towels. Ended up taking a shower later that night and drying with a washcloth.
All of this enjoyment for $159 a night plus $17 for self parking and $20 additional dollars for access to the club room with no food, a stained up outdated room, rude and unprofessional employees, cold breakfast in the morning and internet in the room that didn't work.
I wouldn't stay at this hotel again if you paid me. I would have rather has slept in my car on an East St. Louis street corner than stay at this hotel. Do not let the other reviews fool you, these people are out of their minds. Two massive thumbs down.

Room Tip: Skip this hotel as an option. Everything sucks
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel, I want to sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you encountered during your recent stay. Here at the Sheraton St. Louis City Center, we understand that our guest want a clean comfortable room that everything works. I very much regret the inconvenience that was caused and want to assure you that steps have been taken to ensure that similar situations do not re-occur.

Once again I very much regret all the inconvenience that was caused but truly appreciate your patience and understanding, and your efforts in bringing this to our attention. I also would like to assure you that all of us here at The Sheraton St Louis City Center Hotel & Suites are dedicated to total customer satisfaction; as demonstrated prior to your departure. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate this commitment again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here for missouri valley basketball tourney. Hotel was fully booked. room okay,slightly dated and not very clean. In need of updating for the price. Positive was very close to the Scott Trade center. We paid about $270 per night for room plus $17 per day parking. Paid for location. Not worth the price, but it was very close to event. Hotel needs updating if they are going to charge this much. it is not the quality of the Westin, and compares to Drury inn. Staff was great and breakfast was good. Parking secure in building.

Room Tip: Two room suite was good but view of interstate was not.
Blackiethecat,

Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton St. Louis City Center. You are correct that our hotel is a little older and hasn't had the opportunity for a renovation just yet, but we try to make up for that by providing excellent customer service for our guests. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff and the breakfast during your visit with us.

We appreciate the time you took to share this information and hope that you had a great visit to St. Louis for the Missouri Valley Tournament.
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My 2 kids and I booked a room for the 15th of March through the 17th. It is a much older hotel and the pictures do not do them justice. When I arrived at about 3:30 p.m. They only had one person checking everyone in. Check in time is 3:00 p.m. by the way. We got to the room and there were only towels for 2 people when the reservation said 3. We were exhausted from our trip and crashed that night. When I rolled over to the night stand in a.m. I was slapped in the face with this horrible smell of animal urine by my night stand. The carpet was soaked with animal urine. I told the housekeeper. She handed me a spray bottle to spray the carpet. Yes, she let me spray it myself. lol. Then I went downstairs before we left for our attractions for the day and I told the downstairs staff. They said they would shampoo the carpet immediately. We were out almost 9 hours. When we got back there was this carpet blower blowing the carpet. It smelled worse. I went back downstairs to let them know. She said we will fix it, that they were booked solid and could not move me ( i didnt ask for that) and they sent someone up who sprayed the carpet again. They offered me free apps at the lounge. But they had no problem charging me full price for the room I booked, while staying in a room with the carpet smelling like urine and the attendant at the front desk said she couldn't stay in there with it smelling like that but it was ok for me to do it and pay full price. WOW. Do not stay in pet friendly hotels if you do not have any pets.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Tikac44535,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites for your recent hotel visit. Here at the Sheraton, Good or Bad, we believe that feedback is a gift. We truly appreciate you staying with us and appreciate the time you took to provide feedback on your experience. It is valued, conscientious Guests, such as yourself, that provide us the feedback necessary to continue to improve our products and services.

We are a Pet Friendly Hotel and we have Standard Operating Procedures in place to house guests with pets. When notified of pet presence, we appropriately clean those rooms upon departure. Unfortunately there are times when pets are brought into our guestrooms without our knowledge. I want to assure you that your comments have been shared with our Leadership Team, and steps have been taken to ensure that similar situation does not re-occur. As we continue to strive to exceed all guests’ expectations and want every guest to have an exceptional stay; your feedback is imperative for us to better understand the needs and concerns of our guests. Thank you once more for the gift of your feedback.

Once again, we thank you for your patronage and hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to Total Customer Satisfaction. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

Director of Operations

Been to St. Louis City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!