“Westin Regular” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield, Missouri
“Westin Regular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

As someone who regularly stays at a Westin, this one always does a great job. I stay here at least once a year when I drive up for a Blues game. The staff is always courteous and helpful, with a great concierge who can help with last minute dinner reservations (Thanks Mark). The rooms are always in order and clean.

• Liked — It's close to just about everything that's a
  • Stayed March 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

I picked the Westin as my hotel for a 4-night stay on Labor Day weekend. I was only able to book a 2-queen room online, so I wrote an email to the manager to try and get a king bed. He replied personnaly and arranged it for me. When we got there for our romantic getaway, they had it ready for us, and on a high floor just like I asked. The staff was very friendly, all of them! Even the parking attendant girl was super friendly.

The hotel is beautifully appointed and our room was really large: that bathroom itself was worth the price. Free Sartbucks coffe was a nice touch. The bed was comfy, but a bit hot. Maybe it was because of the feather bed underneath the sheet. Anyway, it was a better bed for "romance" than for sleeping, in our case. They charge $16 a day for WiFi Internet, a real racket. All luxury hotels should now understand that they should include free Internet in the rooms. I mean, even bargain hotels are starting to offer it for free. Get with the program, Starwoods.

The room service was delicous (if pricey) and the television and movie selection was good. Try the crab cakes or toasted raviolis! The TV was too old and set up too low, we kept having to push down the blankets to see the screen while watching in bed.

We went for a Cardinals game and the stadium is ridiculously close, it's a 3 minutes walk. The Arch is also very close and a must-see.

it was a wonderful stay!

• Liked — the bathroom
  • Disliked — the pricey Internet access
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

I Recently stayed at the Westin while in town for a Cardinals baseball game. The Westin is located right next to the new stadium which made it very convenient. The staff was excellent and made our stay very memorable. The beds are very comfortable and each room has a great bathroom with a wonderful shower. The rooms were clean and quiet. The on premise restaurant/bar was especially nice. The staff was very friendly and very accomodating to our needs. The breakfast was delicious and reasonably priced for a hotel. I have stayed in many hotels in St. Louis and I have not found one that is any better.

• Liked — the rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

We stayed one night at the Westin St. Louis while attending a business meeting. The hotel is beautiful, modern and clean. Our King Deluxe room on the third floor was exceptional -- beautifully designed, gorgeous bathroom with glass shower and separate, large tub. Tons of marble and blonde wood everywhere. Extremely comfortable bed, as is typical for Westin. Also great location if you are doing business downtown or attending a Cardinals game. We did have two problems with the front desk, although neither caused significant inconvenience. First, when we arrived at 10 a.m. we had to wait for our room, which we expected. We were told it would probably only be an hour. The desk clerk asked for a cell phone number and said that they would call as soon as a room was available. I was already in my meeting, but after waiting more than two hours, my husband checked with the desk and our room was available but we were never called. No explanation as to why they didn't call. When we checked out, we realized that the hotel had failed to charge us for parking, so we asked them to check on that to see if it should be added to our bill. It took 20 minutes and much fumbling around and going back and forth to the back office before we were finally given a corrected invoice. In my opinion, if they had a problem with their invoicing system and couldn't resolve it in a few minutes, they should have comped our one night parking charge. Everything else in the hotel was outstanding and we would definitely return. They just need a little improvement at the front desk.

• Liked — Beautiful, contemporary rooms and lobby
  • Disliked — Front desk service could use some improvement
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

I really like the look and location of this hotel. It is centrally located in downtown St Louis, right across from the Cardinals' ballpark. The rooms are very modern and well appointed. Tonight I got home from the ballgame I attended with my clients, was exhausted and really wanted a soak in the tub. I began to fill up the bathtub while I checked my email. I came back and noticed hair on the waterline of tub. Like someone had shaved their legs in the tub and the tub had not been cleaned. Then I decided I would not take a bath and would prefer a shower (they have a separate shower). So I turn on the water there and get a towel. The towels also have hair on them. Longer hair. And it's all over the shelves where the towels are kept and all over the towels. Dirty bathrooms are probably my number one pet peeve at hotels. Do you really want to think that someone was in that bathtub the night before you were? I prefer blissful ignorance. Hard to be blissfully ignorant when there is hair in the tub. I have stayed in several hotels in St Louis (and around the country) and have found that the dirty bathroom is pervasive. I don't know what can be done other than to complain to the hotel management, which I have done. Maybe the trip advisor audience can start a clean bathroom crusade!

• Liked — location, style
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

We needed a night out after having our first baby. So we decided to splurge and stayed at the Westin because of all the great reviews. To our surprise, the room was very clean, large, and modern. The heavenly bed was absolutely heavenly. The bathrooms were very spacious. We were extremely happy with our stay. We got the stadium view room. The only thing I did not like was the room service, for one, the prices were ridiculous for the amount of food you get plus they add $3 delivery charge and 20% gratuity. We paid $20 for a slice of apple pie. The Clark Street Grill was just ok, service was poor. We had trouble using our AAA code that we booked online, they didn't show we used it when we checked in. They did however, honor it, but it was sort of a hassle. Lastly, parking is $15 a night!!!! I was shocked by that. It was a nice getaway but something we wont do all the time. The staff is excellent, the rooms are excellent, and the hotel is excellent. All in all, it was worth it.

• Liked — The rooms were very spacious and comfortable
  • Disliked — No cable tv or local channels, parking was $15 a night, and room service was way overpriced
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

I like the Westin brand in general, but this hotel truly is top-notch. I rarely post reviews to TripAdvisor, which is sad because I find it so useful, but after my Westin experience, I promised myself I would. I enjoyed my entire experience at the Westin St. Louis. I was upgraded to a ballpark view room, which was fantastic. I even had a partial view of the St. Louis arch and the fireworks (from the Levy?) on Friday night. The room was very modern, clean, fresh, comfortable, and LARGE, as was the bathroom, which was just beautiful...the photos I've seen almost do it justice.

I wish I'd tried the grill downstairs (it looked like a great place) but chose to have room service instead. The service was great as well. The staff were polite and helpful without exception.

One thing I REALLY enjoyed was the proximity to the Metrolink station (just outside and around the corner...) While it doesn't go EVERYWHERE, it went nearly everyplace I needed to go. My employer reimburses for taxi expenses, but I preferred to take the Metro rail since it was so convenient and I didn't have to worry about getting out cash every time I wanted to go somewhere. (I purchased a 7-day pass for $19 at the airport on arrival, which was less than I would have paid for one taxi ride to the hotel. The train left me virtually on the "doorstep" of the Westin...Ballpark station) The Westin is is two stops from the convention center (I went to and from every day of my stay) and runs frequently. I also took the metrolink to and from the hotel from the airport because it was so convenient.

The only downside of my stay was that the Cards were on the road, so no baseball game :( On the other hand, the ballpark view room wouldn't have been available as a complimentary upgrade had they been in town!

My compliments to Westin management. You have a beautiful property in St. Louis and excellent staff to go with it.

• Liked — Fresh, new hotel with great view (ballpark side)
  • Disliked — The area immediately surrounding the hotel seemed fairly deserted during the day
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!