“great for cardinals fans” 4 of 5 stars

Westin St. Louis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 Spruce St, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
“great for cardinals fans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2005

I stayed at the Westin for 2 nights for a business meeting. Sunday evening we had a buffet dinner, and they ran out of meat for the group. The room was very spacious, as was the bathroom, and the beds were luxuriously soft & comfortable. My complaint was that the lighting was not very bright in the room overall. Also, my room on the second floor was right next two the train line, so you can listen to the train all night. I always take a "white noise"machine on trips, so that essentially covered the train noise for me. It's next door to the baseball stadium and within walking distance of the river and THe Arch.Overall, nice proerty for business travelers or baseball fans.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Centennial, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

I started the evening skeptical as the directions to the hotel did not work due to construction. I found myself an alone women in a less than desirable area of downtown. I pulled into the courtyard into what looks like small warehouses, after passing several appealing looking high rise hotels in a better part of town. There was no valet present (on duty -yes, present no). After inquiring at the desk a very pleasant valet immediately showed up and helped me with my luggage and car.
I was assigned a room on the 2nd floor. As a single business women a typically don't accept 2nd floor rooms due to safety. But I was tired and took the room. FANTASTIC. What a beautiful room. King Bed, business desk, non-smoking, couch, one of the largest most luxurious bath rooms in a hotel I've experienced. I definitely tried out that bath tub.
The hotel is very modern, very upscale, very urban, very urban loft as we would say in Denver, in keeping with the renovated warehouses. The restaurant was excellent.
The bar service was an experience to remember. I still can't believe what transpired in front of me. As I sat at the bar reading my book there ensued a HUGE verbal argument between the evidently bar manager and 3 of the servers. The youngest server seems to realize the awkwardness of the incident and made sure my drink was refilled as the yelling continued. Very inappropriate to an upscale place. Take the argument to the back office.
Overall my trepidation turned into a wonderful experience and a beautiful hotel I would go back to.

• Stayed March 2005
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

A consistent business traveler to St Louis..I have stayed at just about every downtown hotel and feel that the Westin, is second to none. Yes, it is a bit more pricey than other hotels in St Louis however; the beds, all glass large showers, service and the people make me return each trip to St Louis.

St. Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2005

My husband and I booked a room for our anniversary, but it was too sleek, cold, and businessy for a romantic weekend. The staff was nice and cancelled our reservation without charging us anything. I guess it would be fine for a business conference, but the atmosphere was definitely not warm or welcoming enough for an anniversary getaway. By the way, we went to the Hyatt at Union Station instead and were completely pleased. Much more charm and ambiance, plus all the perks of Union Station.

• Stayed May 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2005

Some friends and I went to Mardi Gras in St Louis last weekend and stayed at the Westin. What an amazing hotel! First off the location was great, and the service was outstanding.
We valeted, it was only $18..totally worth it on a busy weekend, especially when you don't plan on driving. The guys at the front were awesome, and gave us beads as soon as we arrived. Sure, we did have to wait a bit to check in to the hotel..they overbooked smoking rooms. But we went with non, and that was fine. My friends and I loved the bathroom! We've been all around the world, and haven't found a room that compares to the Westin in St Louis. The rooms are so contemporary..and the artwork alone in the rooms was outstanding!

Room service was great, and check out was a breeze (express checkout).
Don't believe the negative reviews, stay at the Westin next time you go thru St Louis. You won't be dissappointed! :-)

New Baden, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2004

My Fiancee and I have stayed in the Westin several times now and have never been dissapointed. Our first stay was booked by me without any knowledge of the Hotels reputation. I booked it based on the picture of the room and was amazed when we walked into our room and it was EXACTLY like the picture. We've stayed there since and have always been pleased with the service, the rooms and the location. I'll be staying again in a weeks time. We've booked a room as part of their "Heavenly Bed" 5 year anniversay. Their standard rooms are amazing, we get an upgrade for booking online so I can't wait to see what we are presented with on arrival !! Anyone who's stayed here will know how great the "Heavenly Beds" are. If you haven't stayed here yet then what are you waiting for. A worldclass hotel at VERY reasonable prices. I'd recommend booking direct with the hotel as they run a price match policy which will give you a 10% discount if you find the room cheaper elsewhere !!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!