“All around BEST!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“All around BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was on a business trip from Milwaukee and decided to drive with my two dogs to St. Louis. If anyone has any pets, you know how hard it is to find a decent hotel without an outrageous pet fee. I did my research and thought it was too good to be true, a Westin that has NO pet fee and NO weight limit and didn't mind that I had TWO dogs! They didn't blink an eye at the four times I called to confirm it was okay!

Upon my arrival, the lady at the service counter was exceptional and sincerely sweet. I again, reiterated that I had two dogs and consistently, she smiled and asked if they needed anything and smiled. She noticed I was traveling alone with my two dogs and upgraded my room and gave me a great view of Busch Stadium!

From booking my hotel, to all the times I bothered guest services with my phone calls prior to my arrival because of my pets, to a smooth check in, to all of the staff in passing by having a smile on their face and greeting you, I was wildly impressed!

I have been in the hotel industry for quite some time and not only is consistent, thorough and genuine customer service the absolute hardest thing to find, an amazing hotel with all of the pet amenities is as well... and I have to say YOU ALL NAILED IT! Congrats, raise the rates and everyone deserves a bonus! I will be back and will be recommending the Westin St. Louis to all!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

819 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Earlier, I wrote a glowing review of this property and wonder what I was missing then that I feel now. After a positive review of the hotel, the manager contacted me and asked if I'd relay my thoughts via TripAdvisor. I was glad to do so and may have been biased in that review. I had been assisted by hotel staff for many years in getting great rooms at very good rates and perhaps I wanted to maintain that good relationship with hotel management by writing a glowing review. Then, things changed. The hotel suddenly raised its rates astronomically, pricing me out of the market without any improvement in amenities. Staying at the hotel 2 or 3 times a year for periods up to 8 days was expensive but worth it to be adjacent to Busch Stadium. This year the rates are ridiculous and the hotel offered no price reduction for the longer stay for a frequent customer. No, the Hilton at the Ballpark is a very good substitute at almost half the price. The Hilton has an extremely friendly and helpful staff who provided amenities that were in our room on arrival (refrigerator and extra wooden hangers). We checked in at 2:15 PM (early!) whereas we almost never got into our room at the Westin until well after the 4 PM check-in time. The room we are in is smaller as is the bathroom but the location is excellent and the cost well worth it. The mode of communication within the hotel is far superior to the Westin's, a complaint I've made directly to the staff at the Westin: instead of the front desk contacting the bellman, housekeeping, room service or engineering, the Hilton connects you directly to the service needed; thus, no "lost in translation" which happened often at the Westin - example: at the Westin you could call down to the front desk to have your car brought up by valet but 15 minutes later the valet didn't even know the car had been requested; that's never happened at the Hilton. We have made the break and will be happy to stay at the Hilton at the Ballpark in the future. Goodbye Westin.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Robert W, General Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Carl I,
I am truly sorry we have been unable to accommodate your recent request for accommodations at the Westin St. Louis. We feel our pricing is competitive in nature and relative to the competition in the Downtown St. Louis area. We are very proud of our service, accommodations, location and overall amenities offered at the hotel and I am truly sorry that you have chosen to go elsewhere. Should you happen to change your opinion of the hotel options in the area, we will look forward to welcoming you back as we have done so, many years in the past.
Fond Regards,
General Manger
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our multi-state association wanted to meet in downtown St. Louis so we picked the Westin St. Louis after looking at their good reviews. They gave us a good rate and our meeting room was complimentary. Our members were pleased with the size of the rooms. They were also pleased with the friendly service. Although the hotel is in a historical building, the inside looks like a first class hotel. Our contact person for our meeting gave us her cell phone number and said to let her know if the temperature in our meeting room needed to be adjusted, etc. On they day we left, the manager on duty was even helping us load our sound equipment, etc. and would not take a tip. The Westin St. Louis is a great place to have a meeting!

Room Tip: If you want a great view of the Busch Stadium, you should request a room that faces the stadium.
Green Features: The Westin St. Louis encourages environmentally friendly practices by giving you vouchers for the days you re-use your towels, etc.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear DG P,
Thank you for choosing the Westin St. Louis for your Multi-State association’s venue and guestrooms and we are all so pleased to read that it was a great experience. Our entire team will look forward to your return in the future!
Best Regards,
Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Best of all we got a fantastic rate for Friday night. When we decided to stay an additional night to be downtown, the rates were higher. I guess that's no surprise for downtown St. Louis. Maybe the surprise was the good rate we got for Friday. We stayed for the second night anyway - the room was huge. The bathroom is huge with a separate tub and big shower. A long granite counter with two mirror but we were never in the bathroom at the same time. It also had a huge window but our view was the metro line, the railroad track, and the Purina Building. But we actually didn't mind. We enjoyed watching both trains go by. We couldn't hear them. Also I-64 traffic wasn't too far from the track and not the best view, but we didn't mind.
Just a few block away is Busch Stadium. We aren't baseball people but it was fun to walk there and look around. Friday night was the first of their Fridays on Clark Street so there was a band and the Budweiser Clydesdales and wagon were sitting outside the stadium. We ate at Cardinals Nation (i wrote a great review on that) which we found out was newly opened. Wished we would have ate their the next night too.
We would love to go back again. We will keep an eye on the rates and try to go when there isn't a sporting event in town. With baseball, hockey, and football stadiums so close by, that may not be possible!
We had two queen beds. One was great but the other one was kind of saggy in the middle which surprised me. Didn't stop me from getting a good night sleep though. Oh and the artwork in the whole hotel is fantastic.
Parking was free as a guest, which we didn't know until we left. We choose to park ourselves. Their lot is to the south of the hotel. You can also use their valet service. Wifi costs. They have a restaurant in the hotel and we ate breakfast buffet there. It was cold and not that great for the price but I don't know what else is close by for breakfast.
Also, the Arch was an easy 8-10 block walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor room 740. View isn't much unless you are like us and love trains!
Green Features: Since we booked both nights on-line, we weren't aware of the rebate for the green practices so we didn't take advantage of that.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MeryMeCo,

On behalf of the entire team at the Westin St. Louis, I would like to personally thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. Your honest and detailed review of your experience is very much appreciated and will be shared and celebrated with our associates. I do apologize about your restaurant experience and I assure you this will be address for further improvement. Once again, it’s great to read that you had a fantastic time in St. Louis and we are all very glad to have been a part of it!!
Best Wishes,
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I attended a three day business function in St. Louis at the Westin. From check-in to check-out, the staff was more than attentive. I arrived at noon and was pleasantly surprised to have my room ready. I proceeded to the on site restaurant to grab a quick bite, and again was promptly seated. The waiter suggested the flat bread margarita pizza which was excellent! My only complaint for the entire trip was that each of the meeting rooms were COLD! Normally I am one of the few that are comfortable when everyone else is too cold, but this time I was in agreement. Nearly forgot to tell you that the beds are to die for. You can even purchase them!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks Busch stadium.
Green Features: If you use the door hangar for no service, you receive $5 off of your room rate each night, or additional Starwood points if you are a member.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mary R.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com! On behalf of the entire team, we are pleased to read that your overall experience was positive, including your interactions with our staff as well as the quality of our food service! I do apologize about the meeting room being too cold. This is something that we are capable of adjusting, to ensure the ultimate comfort of all of our guests. Thank you again and we all look forward to your next visit to the Westin St. Louis Hotel.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Westin on a Saturday night just as a mini weekend getaway. This hotel was great. Our room wasnt ready at checkin, so the front desk clerk checked our bags and sent us to the bar with 2 free drink vouchers. The bar had a nice atmosphere and we relaxed there until the room was ready--about 45 minutes later. When we arrived at the room, I was very impressed with the overall cleanliness and the nice bathroom. The bed was probably the softest I've ever experienced in a hotel. We loved the restaurant downstairs and the location. We are already planning our next trip!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are ready to welcome you back! Thank you for taking the time to post comments from your recent mini-weekend getaway! Our Heavenly Bed offers a very tranquil sleep, which is an essential part of any getaway. Our Clark Street Grill offers something for everyone during breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Fenton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were extremely pleased with our experience at the Westin, in downtown St. Louis. It's location is amazing, especially with Busch Stadium and the new Ballpark Village within steps!!! Our room completely exceeded our expectations...it was exceptionally clean, spacious and had great views. We also ate in the bar area, in the late afternoon/evening. The bartender was extremely friendly and knowledgable of the downtown area. The food was amazing, and cooked to order! We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting or traveling through the St. Louis area.

Room Tip: We were in the adjoining building, and couldn't have been any happier!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for naming us the best hotel EVER! Our historical building allows for spacious guest rooms, and our convenient location is steps from many attractions, dining options, office building and sports venues. We stand ready to welcome you back!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!