“Staff got us out of a bind!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 Spruce St, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Champaign, Illinois
“Staff got us out of a bind!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My friend just parked her car in the hotel parking lot, greeted me, and shut the car door. The keys were still in the car, and we were locked out. I asked the kind staff-members at the front desk if there was anything to be done, and they radioed for the engineer. Ben greeted us with smile and empathy, and quickly got to work unlocking the car. He stayed in the cold and urged us to go inside where it was warm. In a matter of minutes, Ben unlocked the car and wouldn't take a tip that I offered. Great guy!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us! I'm thrilled to know Ben was able to assist you in getting the keys from your locked car, in an expedient manner. We are lucky to have associates like Ben who truly love what they do, and I'm delighted it shows. We stand ready to serve on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Harrisburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My Wife and I stay in St. Louis several times a year, and we have stayed at every fine hotel there. Without a doubt the Westin and the staff are the best we have encountered not only in stl but pretty much everywhere. from the Valet staff, Jimmy and Sean, Orlando to the Dawn in the Bar who always takes the time to speak to my wife and remembers our names and drinks, There are many more people but we cant remember the names. It those small things that really make this hotel shine in stl. We love the place and have never ever had a unpleasant stay. We rate this Hotel A+
Every aspect of this hotel is great from the rooms, bathrooms and cleanliness.

J & D Baker

Room Tip: Get the Suites amazing size room for a super price
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for naming us the best hotel in St. Louis! I'm thrilled to know our associates offer such personalized, attentive service each and every visit! I appreciate you taking the time to share so many compliments, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Beautiful room with an epic view of the baseball stadium just across the street. Sadly, we were not there to see a game, but it was still fun to watch the festivites from our window!.The bathroom was well appointed and elegant..I love a nice big bathtub and separate shower. High ceilings and big windows added to that downtown loft feel. The front desk/concierge was not well staffed and we did not get great information on places to eat, get a drink, etc. Gym/spa area was not impressive, but overall a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the stadium if you don't mind the lights..it is fun to watch the action.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your stay with us in August. I apologize you didn't recieve great recommendations for places to eat and drink outside of the hotel. Our historical building allows for spacious guest rooms, high ceilings and spacious guest bathrooms appointed with our Heavenly shower! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times as we have a son in college at SLU. I also have business in the city. The staff is unbelievable warm and welcoming. I can't think of an instance where they have failed to accomodate me whether its upgrading a room at no charge, having my car "ready to go" when I ask for it, delivering room serviice quickly or great service and food in the restaurant. The rooms are clean fresh and spacious. Wkaup calls are always on time, newspapers delivered as requested. Its a great location being downtown and next to the Cardinals stadium. In summary, they set the bar for what a hotel should offer - not luxury (nor are their prices) but great rooms, service and people...thank you Rob Weitz (GM) and your staff!!!

Room Tip: trust that the staff will do everything they can to respond to your request
Green Features: Green practices Energy-saving lighting controlsENERGY STAR laundry machinesRecyclesEnergy-efficient lightbulbsStaff training on green practicesEnergy saving guest room controls
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for so many compliments! Our convenient location is ideal for business and leisure travels; minutes from many office buildings and universities. Our associates truly love what they do, and I'm thrilled to know they offered such warm, welcoming service! We look foward to welcoming you back whenever your travels find you in St. Louis!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were pleasantly pleased with this hotel. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was elegant. The soaking tub I had the bubbles touching the ceiling It was just like being in a spa. Our over all experience with the Westin St. Louis was great. If anyone is planning on going on vacation to St. Louis definitely make reservations with the Westin St. Louis.

Room Tip: the side of busch stadium is nice. I think that the upper floors are nice as well to overlook the ci...
Green Features: The hotel air quality was really good. Breakfast foods taste good, especially the grill request for omlets and french toast. The fruit was sweet plenty of berries. The workers worked efficiently and as a team, friendly.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay! Our Heavenly bath allows for a serene ending to a busy day of travel! I truly appreciate your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back if and when your travels find you in St. Louis!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

my favorite hotel. it's nice and clean.we spend a vacation there. everything was nice and neat. we will come back and choose again. Westin never dispoint me. we travel all around and always stay at westin. the best ever.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm thrilled to know we're your favorite hotel, and that you're never disappointed! We stand ready to serve upon your return! Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and stayed here for 2 night sin November. The location is great—right across from Busch Stadium and a couple bars. The rooms are very clean and well appointed with 20ft ceilings. Overall the interior of the hotel is very clean and well designed.

I have stayed at quite a few hotels in downtown Saint Louis and this would definitely be at the top of my list of places to which I'd return. For me, it edges out the Hyatt (second nicest) because of its rooms and interiors.

• Stayed November 2013
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I'm thrilled to know we're at the top of your list of hotels in St. Louis; we stand ready to serve on your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us. Our convenient location is within steps of major attractions, dining options and the stadium. Our modern decor coupled with our historical building offers the perfect weekend getaway.

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!