“my favorite” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“my favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

my favorite hotel. it's nice and clean.we spend a vacation there. everything was nice and neat. we will come back and choose again. Westin never dispoint me. we travel all around and always stay at westin. the best ever.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
I'm thrilled to know we're your favorite hotel, and that you're never disappointed! We stand ready to serve upon your return! Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and stayed here for 2 night sin November. The location is great—right across from Busch Stadium and a couple bars. The rooms are very clean and well appointed with 20ft ceilings. Overall the interior of the hotel is very clean and well designed.

I have stayed at quite a few hotels in downtown Saint Louis and this would definitely be at the top of my list of places to which I'd return. For me, it edges out the Hyatt (second nicest) because of its rooms and interiors.

• Stayed November 2013
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I'm thrilled to know we're at the top of your list of hotels in St. Louis; we stand ready to serve on your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us. Our convenient location is within steps of major attractions, dining options and the stadium. Our modern decor coupled with our historical building offers the perfect weekend getaway.
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Awesome location and well amenitized room. As always the heavenly bed was heavenly. But I was shocked at the appearance of the front desk openly dispensing candy and chips from a retail display hung behind the desk. It reminded me of cheap motels we used to rent back in high school for tub parties (35 years ago).
Staying with the front desk theme I, on two occasions, had to wait for someone to actually man the desk. Very frustrating for a mute, as I, to simply stand there until the clerk finds the time to come out and ask how I maybe helped!

Room Tip: Don't expect amazing service, quality or value from 1- Front Desk 2- Clark Street Grill 3- R...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us. We do offer sundries at the front desk, in the absence of vending machines. I apologize if these offerings offended you. I have shared your comments with our front office manager who will ensure guests do not have to wait to be attended in the future. We look foward to the opportunity of hosting you again in the future!
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I booked a stay at the Westin for a quick weekend getaway from our hometown, Columbia MO. We booked for what would've been Game 7 of the NLCS. Thankfully, Cards won out in Game 6. I'm sure our stay would've been quite different if Game 7 had materialized but so would our expectations.

We opted for Self-Park as the parking lot was directly across the street (less than 100 yard walk). Check-in was prompt and smooth. We had a standard room with a street view on the 2nd floor. It was nothing spectacular but I didn't want to pay the premium for a better view (Of Busch Stadium).

The hallways to the rooms are strange. They wind back and forth with inclines and steps. I'm not sure if it is setup this way on purpose but we had to walk past the smoking rooms in order to get to our non-smoking room. This is a minor issue but the smell was terrible. They had an air purifier running in the hallway trying to clear-up the smoke smell.

My wife and I chose to take a nap at about 3:00 in the afternoon. Shortly after falling asleep, someone knocked on the door. When I opened, it was an employee who said she checking rooms to be sure they were ready for check-in and mistakenly thought ours was vacant. No big deal but it was a minor annoyance.

11:30PM that night, I awake to someone trying to get into our room. I went to the door and it was two guests coming in for a late check-in and they were assigned our room. They even showed me their key holder with our room number written on it. I apologized but told them we had checked into our room earlier that afternoon and told him to have the front desk call me if they had questions. If I hadn't had the chain lock secured on the door, they could have walked into our room while we were sleeping.

So the Westin not once, but twice mistakenly thought our room was vacant and woke us from a sleep. I would've given it 4-5 stars if it weren't for that because everything seemed very well maintained. The shower was fantastic and the room was very large. However, I rest a lot on vacation and since I had a pretty poor experience in that regard, I may not return. For $450/night (going rate when I booked), I expect better service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed comments from your recent stay! Our layout is indeed unique, due to the historical building, which also allows us to offer spacious guest rooms and guest bathrooms. Westin as a brand is non-smoking, and I do wish we had more control over guests who choose to smoke in a non-smoking room; for which an additional cleaning fee is charged. I have shared your comments with our front office manager, who has taken the necessary steps to ensure opportunities like those you experienced will not happen again. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great hotel at a great price. I found the hotel and booked it on my phone the night before I was going to be stopping in Saint Louis during my cross country trip. Booked a room with a view of the river and the arch for only 80$ that night. I was more than happy with the service and the rooms were very nice. The rooms were very nice, clean, and comfortable and I couldn't have asked for more. It also has the best location in my opinion. A short walk from downtown and right across the street from the Mississippi River and the Arch. Also, about a two block walk to Busch Stadium where the Cardinals play. Its the perfect hotel if you are in town to watch a game.

Room Tip: Spend the little bit extra and get a room facing the river that has a view of the arch... You wont...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for the many compliments! We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Louis; within walking distance of many attractions, dining venues and sports arenas. We look forward to hosting you again if and when your travels find you back in St. Louis!
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was traveling for business with a large group of people and the reviews were pretty unanimous - the rooms are outstanding, but location is everything. Several members of the group were awakened far too early in the morning by the Metro system PA on the Busch Stadium side of the hotel. However, the location of that Metro station is one of the great things about the hotel's location. The rooms are outstanding - especially the bathrooms! The large soaker tubs and glass showers are amazing. The conference rooms were well stocked and kept at a comfortable temperature - which is unusual and fantastic when you have to spend 9 hours per day in them. There were only two things that I was disappointed in 1) the "gift shop" (it's literally an old armoire behind the desk with a handful of typically overpriced snacks and $2 cans of Diet Pepsi) and 2) the restaurant. The staff at the Clark Street Grille was fantastic, as were the room service staff, but the food was mediocre at best and definitely over priced (even a well-done hamburger shouldn't be so burnt that it actually cracks when you cut into it). The French Onion Soup was FANTASTIC, though. Overall, this was a great hotel in a great location - just bring your own snacks and head across the street to the Flying Saucer for dinner!

Room Tip: Request a room as far away from the subway station as possible. The Metro starts running very early...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us! Our historical building allows us to offer spacious guest rooms and spacious guest bathrooms. I apologize our sundry offerings were not exactly what you were looking for; we do try to offer items for those late night, or sweet tooth cravings in addition to items that may have been left behind at home. I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef so he may review them with our culinary staff to avoid these kinds of opportunities in the furture. Thank you again, and we stand ready to serve on your next visit!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the weekend of the world series. I happened to be in St Louis for a high school volleyball tournament. We also used the weekend for a college visit to Washington University. It is beautiful! I had a room (744) 2 dbl beds. Brand new, huge, quiet, large bathroom coffee maker internet i didnt want to leave. One of the nicest. Lobby is clean modern.staff is very nice. We had a group rate that made it affordable. It is about a 10 minute drive from Wash U.( Wash U has parking.) It is right across the street from Busch stadium with a great view of the Arch. While we were there we saw all of the Red Sox players and staff and also had the Vancouver professional hockey team staying there. So good enough for celebrities! For the right price this is a home run.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the many compliments! We do offer that well deserved escape, but with all of the comforts of home! We look forward to welcoming you back if and when your travels find you back in St. Louis!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!