“Stay Here!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Logan, Ohio
“Stay Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This wonderful, historic structure houses an outstanding modern operation. The staff's positive approach to service will make anyone's stay a memorable experience. All of both the adults and children in our party loved everthing about our stay. Treat yourself to a great place to stay in easy walking distance to many great attractions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for the recommendation! I have personally thanked our associates for providing a positive approach to service, and for creating a memorable experience for you! We are delighted you found the combination of historic yet modern relaxing during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

905 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon night in November of 2011, but unfortunately I'm just getting around to reviewing them! My wife is a huge Cardinals fan so staying so close to Busch stadium was an attraction. The staff was very helpful and accommodating, even leaving chocolate covered strawberries with a note of congratulations since I had told them we were newlyweds. The room was very nice and comfortable, with a roomy and great bathroom. We had no issues checking in or out, and they arranged an airport drop for us in a nice vehicle as well. It was very quiet and private. We would have like to stayed longer! I am sure if we didn't live in St. Louis it would be a great place to stay to catch a Cards game.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your wedding night! Our historical building allows for spacious guest rooms and spacious guest bathrooms; just a couple of our unique features. I've shared your comments with our associates and thanked them for being helpful and accomodating. We stand ready to serve on your next visit--hopefully you're stay will be longer!
Bellevue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed at the Westin Hotel, St. Louis, Missouri for four nights and can't say enough great things about the rooms, restaurant, service and the front desk people -- all of them went out of their way to help me and my constituents. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The location was convenient to the metro, Busch stadium, eateries, Arch and many other eminities.

Room Tip: No pool - all rooms great. My room was stadium side and even though their was a Cardinals game goin...
Green Features: Used a lot of green products in their rooms. I support environmentally-friendly practices and like to stay in rooms that do this. I used my towels more than once and told the maid not to change my sheets until I left.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the many compliments! Our associates truly love what they do, and I'm thrilled it shows! We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Louis, steps away from many attractions, offices and dining venues. I've personally thanked our front office associates for going out of their way to offer personal, attentive service to you and your constituents. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a Groupon to stay here for 2 nights. The Groupon included breakfast for two and free self-parking in addition to a two nights stay. Without it, this hotel would be quite pricey as parking is costly (valet or self) and breakfast is $15 per person.

That being said, the hotel is right across from Busch Stadium. The Cards were out of town so crowd noise and traffic were at a minimum. The location is great. A 10 minute walk to the arch and within minutes of major interstates.

The rooms were spacious and modern. The bathrooms are huge! We had no complaints with our rooms. The curtains keep it quite dark and we had no issues with any noise from within the hotel or from the outside.

The breakfast was excellent. It's a buffet and you could have just about anything you wanted (eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, muffins, fruit, cereal). The waitstaff was attentive and the food was hot.

Overall we enjoyed out stay!

Room Tip: The higher the floors the better view of the city and less noise from delivery trucks, etc.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We're thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for sharing such detailed comments from your recent stay with us. We offer all of the amenities one expects from a 4 star, 4 diamond hotel; conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Louis. I've personally shared your comments with our food and beverage associates, and thanked them for providing excellent food, and attentive service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
North Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our family enjoyed staying here. It is in a nice location if you are in town for a Cards game or want to do some sightseeing downtown. The gym/healthspa was one of the best I have seen in a hotel. The rooms were comfortable and the bathrooms spacious. I would recommend this hotel more for couples or for business trips. We have young children so we wish there had been either an indoor or outdoor pool. Also, like some nicer hotels, you have to pay for wi-fi at this Westin. In my opinion, "complimentary" wi-fi is always a nice little perk in a hotel...........Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post comments from your recent stay with us! We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Louis, steps away from many attractions, sports venues and dining options. Our historical building allows for a spacious fitness center, so that one may continue with their all important work out routine while travelling. I've personally thanked our associates for being so friendly! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was one of the nicest Westin's that I have stayed in. I was traveling with a large group of people (a work outing), and check in was very fast and easy. They had bottles of water, cookies and fruit for us upon arrival. My room was very large, one queen size bed(with lots of pillows and very comfortable) a couch, coffee table, desk. It was almost too large for just one person. The room was very nicely decorated with graffiti type wall art, and very modern light fixtures. The bathroom was very large as well, and had a separate bathtub and shower.
While on the subject of the shower, it was one of those rain showers, and had such great water pressure that I didn't want to get out!
The staff was extremely helpful and went above and beyond. We asked the desk staff for recommendations to get a drink before the Cardinals game, and they told us aobut a place called The Flying Saucer, which was just up the street, and was a great place. As we were leaving the hotel it was raining pretty hard and they offered us umbrellas, but we declined as we didn't want to carry them around all night. They also suggested that we walk through the hotel to stay out of the rain, and instead of just telling us how to get there, he actually walked us all over and through the hotel. It was very unexpected.
We went into the hotel bar for a bit, but it was very crowded and there was only one bartender working, so we didn't stay long and ended up not even getting any drinks. It was right before a Cardinals-Cubs (big rivalry) game, so that was the reason for the crowd I am sure.
We went to the game, and there was a long rain delay, so it was nice that the hotel was literally right across the street from Busch Stadium, so that was very convenient.
If there was any negative, it was my view. Most of my collegues got views of the Arch or the baseball stadium, I had a view of the parking lot. When making reservations, make sure you suggest a room with a view.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there if I ever find myself in St Louis again.

Room Tip: Suggest a room with a view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed comments about your recent stay with us! Our historical building allows for spacious guest rooms with a unique layout, and our Heavenly shower definitely gives one a feeling of renewal. I have personally thanked our associates for going above and beyond, and providing such helpful, attentive service. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back if and when your travels find you back in St. Louis!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Booked thru hotwire and got a outstanding deal for a one night stay. Everything was great the staff, the food, the parking no complaints here. Without the discounted price the room would be kind of high, but it is right across the street from the baseball stadium and downtown. I would recommend this to any traveler that wants to be treated like a king.. or queen.

Room Tip: my tip would be try hotwires 5 star hotels
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the recommendation! Our associates truly love what they do, and I'm thrilled it shows. I've shared your comments and personally thanked them for making you feel like a king and queen. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!