“one day in paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
“one day in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Booked thru hotwire and got a outstanding deal for a one night stay. Everything was great the staff, the food, the parking no complaints here. Without the discounted price the room would be kind of high, but it is right across the street from the baseball stadium and downtown. I would recommend this to any traveler that wants to be treated like a king.. or queen.

Room Tip: my tip would be try hotwires 5 star hotels
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for the recommendation! Our associates truly love what they do, and I'm thrilled it shows. I've shared your comments and personally thanked them for making you feel like a king and queen. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are huge, have great bathrooms and are also extremely clean. Overall it's a great place to stay while in St. Louis, especially for a business traveler. They have everything you need to make your stay comfortable. This a top-notch Westin!

• Stayed June 2013
We're thrilled to hear how comfortable you felt during your recent stay! We are conveniently located in downtown St. Louis for business and leisure travelers alike. I've shared your comments with our associates and thanked them for being responsible for making us a 'top-notch' Westin! We stand ready to serve on your next visit!
O'Fallon, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked the Westin St. Louis on a Groupon for a friend and I for my birthday. It was still a little more expensive than i would of liked but i thought we could go to the Lumiere Casino. Since i have to work on Saturday nights i called the hotel and asked if it was okay that i check in late and they said as long as we get there before midnight we would still have our room with the two Queen Beds. We arrived around 11:00 and upon driving up a valet asked if he could park our car and we said sure. We got our stuff and walked in. We started checking in and they asked if we had our car valet parked and we said yes. They said that will be $27.00. They had already parked it, my friend said she would cover it. They then informed me that they did not have rooms available with two queen bed, They said i could do one queen with a roll away or one King. I was kinda disappointed because we reserved two queen. We had to go with the one King. We checked in and went up to our room and since we had not had dinner we ordered room service. That late they only had cold sandwiches and salads. We ordered 2 ham and swiss and one tossed salad and one Caesar. The bill was $55.00. The next morning we asked the front desk if there was a shuttle that went to the Casino and she said no she would call us a a cab. My friend said wait a minute i am not going to pay for a cab when i can drive so we got our things and checked out. The valet got our car and that is when we noticed the sign. To self park it was $19.00 and to have the valet do it the price was $27.00. It definitely was not visible in the dark. Definitely my most expensive birthday ever.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time complete your review. I appreciate your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that we did not have your requested room type available upon your arrival. I have addressed your concerns with our Front Desk and Reservations Managers to ensure this missed opportunity does not happen again in the future. We do offer self and valet parking options and I apologize this option was not made clear upon your arrival. Thank you for sharing your comments so we can take the necessary steps to continue to improve our guests' experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We've stayed at this Westin before and had already experienced their great service, but it was even better this time. While in town for a wedding, we stayed once again at our favorite Westin. The staff is always friendly and helpful, but this time we met Elson Dollenga, the Food and Beverage Supervisor. We had the best time visiting with this young man throughout our stay. Everytime we walked through the restaurant or lobby, we saw him visiting and interacting with guests. Olga was our bartender at the evening wedding reception and then she was our server at breakfast the next morning! She was the best.....talking, joking, great conversations! We were treated like family and it just reinforced what we already knew. The Westin St. Louis is the BEST Westin!!!! Thanks Elson, Olga and everyone for making our stay great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your review! Elson and Olga are certainly two of our shining stars here at the Westin St. Louis. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will share your comments with Elson and Olga! We appreciate your continued loyalty and stand ready for your next visit!
Eureka, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We traveled to St. Louis for the first time on a group trip affiliated with the SF Giants. Our check in was quick, the room was huge and nicely furnished. All of our encounters with staff were pleasant and our needs were met. We were under a tornado warning one night and the hotel was slammed with guests needing to shelter. We were unable to use room service that night, but I totally understood. This hotel is central to everything in the downtown area. A cab ride to Anheuser-Busch for a tour was 12 dollars each way. The rooms are expensive, but location can't be beat, especially if you are in town for baseball. Our rooms were right above the Metro line with a view of the Gateway Arch and Stadium. A little noisy, but not bad. We enjoyed watching the action!

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room, I would suggest and inside corridor room,
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post comments from your recent stay with us! I have shared your review with our associates and personally thanked them for being so pleasant and meeting your needs. We are centrally located in downtown St. Louis, which makes it convenient whether travelling for business or pleasure. We stand ready to welcome you back if and when your travels find you in St. Louis again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a very fancy place located near the cardinal baseball stadium. Employees were very nice. The rooms are large and very clean. Our room had the train on one side and loud guest on the other side. Sound proofing needs some updating. Also parking is about a block away across the street.

Room Tip: Stay away from train location
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments! We do offer both self parking, at the end of our entrance which is monitored 24 hours per day, or valet parking, which allows guests to choose which option best fits their needs. I apologize for the outside noises, of which I do wish we had more control. I've personally thanked our associates for being very nice! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Let me first start by saying that my husband and I are SPG Gold members and are HUGE fans of the Westin Hotel brand... Love the Heavenly Bed! We've stayed at several SPG hotels and have come to expect certain things when we stay at a Westin as they hold a higher standard compared to the other Starwood properties.

The St. Louis Westin hotel is lovely. The rooms are large, clean, modern, and quite comfortable. The staff were all friendly and very accommodating. The location was excellent, especially since we were going to Busch stadium across the street. However, the culmination of multiple small issues during my most recent stay and the lack of communication amongst the staff, left me extremely disappointed and I question whether this particular hotel actually holds up to the standard of the Westin brand.

First, our check in took over 20 minutes. We were checked in by a new employee (which was fine) but when he was clearly having problems and getting flustered, his coworkers seemed completely uninterested in helping him. Poor guy... I actually felt pretty bad for him. He was very apologetic, but as I stood there watching 3 other parties check in and leave with the other front desk person... I couldn't help but be puzzled why the other front desk staff seemed so unwilling to help this guy (and us) out.

During our stay, we had multiple minor issues:

1.The mini-fridge didn't work... they sent maintenance and eventually brought a replacement.
2. The TV wouldn't turn on... we fiddled with the cords in the back of the TV and ended up getting it to work ourselves.
3. Our in-room Internet didn't work or connect... never resolved, ended up using the meeting room connection.
4. Each of our Room Keys deactivated at separate times during our 2 night stay.
5. The AC seemed to be inconsistent... we'd wake in the middle of the night and the room would be so hot despite having the thermostat set fairly low.

The final issue came with check out. As SPG Gold, you have the option of late check out... a nice perk when you have later travel. I stopped by the front desk to request late check out the night before and was told I was "good until 4 pm". That morning, I called the front desk to confirm the late check out to avoid being woken as we were planning to nap since we'd be traveling late. I was told there was no record of the request, but they confirmed the request at that time. At 1 pm, housekeeping knocked, announced, and let themselves into our room. You can imagine our surprise given the fact that two separate attempts had been made to avoid this....

In all fairness, I accept that mishaps occur, but to have this many issues occur during a short 2 night stay seems rather unusual. It was very disappointing, especially for a Westin. I was pretty embarrassed that I had talked up the hotel so much to my girlfriend when the experience was less than stellar.

Would I stay here again?? Maybe, but it's not worth the $300+/night they try to charge.... and if you are SPG members, be forewarned this wasn't a typical "Westin" experience :(

Of note, I did voice my concerns with a front desk person and she attempted to compensate my "inconveniences" by giving me complimentary breakfast/SPG points.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. We sincerely appreciate your constructive and detailed feedback as it is through this information that we are able to continue to grow and improve our service. I have shared these missed opportunities with the Management Team and assure you we are addressing each concern to ensure these do not occur in the future. You are correct that this was not a typical Westin experience and not the standard we have set for our property. I hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the future and win back your confidence and loyalty to the Westin St. Louis

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!