“FANTASTIC Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Virginia
“FANTASTIC Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I travel to St. Louis sporadically for work and decided to give the Westin a try. I could NOT have been more pleased with my choice. This is a fantastic hotel. It's located right downtown, across the street from Busch Stadium, near the courthouse, and within easy walking distance of the arch. The parking is free and in a monitored lot directly across from the lobby entrance.

The hotel is in a repurposed building. They did a great job; it's very modern and well designed inside and out. The rooms are both nicely decorated and extremely large. My bathroom had a full bathtub and a huge shower. The hotel gym (free for guest use) was also large and among the best hotel gyms that I've seen. There is a room with (new) cardio equipment, along with two separate rooms for weights.

Finally, the staff was both friendly and helpful. They were happy to answer questions, and I never waited for anything.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for so many compliments and the high recommendation! We stand ready to welcome you back on your next visit to St. Louis! Our historic building allows for spacious guest rooms, guest bathrooms and the additional space for a larger than most, fitness center. Our convenient location is steps from many office buildings, attractions and venues in the heart of downtown St. Louis. We're delighted you decided to give us a try!

870 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Salem, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel provided great guest services. If we needed something it was at the door in a very short time. Some extra hand lotion, a fan, etc. Everyone was very polite and asking if everything is good. Rooms are large and the view overlooking Bush Stadium was fantastic. I get home and find that I had left my $25.00 Mp3 player on the bed with some $6.00 headphone and they transferred me to housekeeping where I left a message about the player and if they found it when the room was cleaned. I got a call the next day from housekeeping and she said that they have it. So I asked them to send it to me and for the record I only live about 80 miles from the hotel. She said it would go out Fed x and I said that I do not have a Fed x account and gave here my credit card. The Mp3 player comes 2 days later and they could have used the 3 or 4 day service since I told them I was not in a hurry for it.
I have been going up to see if the charge was posted to my CC account but could not find any charge thinking well maybe they were nice enough to just send it.
Yesterday I get a bill from Fed X:
Residential Delivery $3.20
Non-Account billing Charge $12.00
---------------------------------------------
For a grand total of $40.73
This was shocking for something I paid $25.00 for!

Warning: If you leave something in your room and the hotel sends it to you make sure you understand what that Fed X letter is really going to cost you and you might not need that Item that bad. Another travel lesson learned on my end.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing east overlooking the Cardinal stadium and the Arch. Lots of nice sun in the morni...
Green Features: Hotel uses many environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post comments from your recent stay! I'm thrilled to hear our staff provided great service; I've personally thanked them for being so efficient!
I apologize that you left an item behind, and am delighted that we were able to get it returned to you in an expedient manner. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I spent 3 days at the Westin as a participant in a professional conference. The site is literally across the street from both the light rail stop as well as Busch Stadium, home of the Cardinals.
In addition, the St. Louis Arch and riverside shops and restaurants are within walking distance.

The rooms and services are terrific and the staff was ready to help anytime.

I highly recommend this hotel. The location and stay was excellent and made for a great visit.

Room Tip: I selected a ballpark view and enjoyed the night time sights.in speaking with my near 100 colleagues...
Green Features: Clean and efficient hotel. Recycling was in practice and naturally, nonsmoking was present on site.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such a high recommendation! Our convenient location, allows for walking to some of St. Louis' major attractions and sports venues. I have shared your comments with our associates and personally thanked them for being ready to help anytime. We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels find you in St. Louis!
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I like this hotel because you can count of a worry free trip. The rooms are always clean, the linens and bed are comfortable, the rooms are quiet with high ceilings, and I sleep very well in the hotel. The restaurant and staff will remember you and treat you well.
You may pay a little more, but to me it is worth it. It's St. Louis best!

Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are delighted to be able to offer a worry free trip! Our Heavenly Beds enable one to have a good night's sleep, which is essential while travelling. I have shared your review with our associates and thanked them for a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Muskego, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel was great. The service was impeccable. I'm an SPG member, so it helps that I have gold status, but I've still never gotten as nice of an upgrade at any other location. The room was HUGE ... and it was just me traveling for business. It was an executive suite ... I loved it so much, I immediately walked back to the front desk to thank the gentleman for his assistance. The location to the ballpark was amazing ... literally step outside and BAM! There it is! It's even closer than any of the other hotels that actually have ballpark in their name ... cough, cough ... Hilton. It's only maybe a 10-minute walk to the Arch, and you can easily walk around everywhere else downtown. Great hotel, great service ... and I tried the breakfast buffet one morning. That was really good too. The only con was the layout of the hotel ... it was a bit of a maze to get around inside. Once you figured it out, it was OK.

Green Features: Get more SPG points by staying green and opting out of housekeeping!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for so many compliments! Our historical building does offer a unique layout unlike other hotels. We are conveniently located in downtown St. Louis, steps away from many attractions and venues. I have shared your comments with our associates and personally thanked them for offering such personalized and attentive service. We stand ready to welcome you back!
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel three weeks ago. I would like to name front desk "Aaron" as one of the most welcoming staffs. He responded to my requests and even remember to ask me about my stay while I check out the next day, oh and he remembered me name!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Aaron! I have personally thanked him for offering such personalized, attentive service. We stand ready to welcome you back, if and when your travels bring you back to St. Louis!
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just returned from an overnight stay here. Wonderul does not even begin to cover this hotel. The staff were so pleasent and truly helpfull. The rooms are huge and the decor peaceful. I am a little OCD about cleanliness and this hotel was amazing. Other than a few niks and scraps our room was perfect. The common areas were also kept up nicely. This is now our "go to" hotel for St. Louis. It was a short walk to the arena and it has great proximitry to several tourist locations.
We did eat dinner and the breakfast buffett here and both were superb! I am not a morning person but our waitress was so personable and friendly it was great. The only issue we had was with the bar staff during the late night shift. Our waiter seemed to disappear and took forever to return. Also, if you plan on having one cocktail the bar is great. However, if you plan on having 2-3 cocktails I would bring my own and celebrate in my room. Our bar bill was close to $100 and we were just 4 people with 7 drinks. Overall, the experience here was outstanding and I will return.

Room Tip: Upper floors have less noise from the metrolink. Rooms on the "Clark Street" side are quie...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We're thrilled to be your 'go to' hotel, and stand ready to welcome you back! Thank you for the many compliments regarding our associates--I have personally thanked them for being so pleasant, helpful and personable. We are conveniently located in downtown St. Louis, just steps from sporting venues and other major attractions. Thank you again!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!