“Great location and terrific hotel” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 Spruce St, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Great location and terrific hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I spent 3 days at the Westin as a participant in a professional conference. The site is literally across the street from both the light rail stop as well as Busch Stadium, home of the Cardinals.
In addition, the St. Louis Arch and riverside shops and restaurants are within walking distance.

The rooms and services are terrific and the staff was ready to help anytime.

I highly recommend this hotel. The location and stay was excellent and made for a great visit.

Room Tip: I selected a ballpark view and enjoyed the night time sights.in speaking with my near 100 colleagues...
Green Features: Clean and efficient hotel. Recycling was in practice and naturally, nonsmoking was present on site.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for such a high recommendation! Our convenient location, allows for walking to some of St. Louis' major attractions and sports venues. I have shared your comments with our associates and personally thanked them for being ready to help anytime. We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels find you in St. Louis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I like this hotel because you can count of a worry free trip. The rooms are always clean, the linens and bed are comfortable, the rooms are quiet with high ceilings, and I sleep very well in the hotel. The restaurant and staff will remember you and treat you well.
You may pay a little more, but to me it is worth it. It's St. Louis best!

Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are delighted to be able to offer a worry free trip! Our Heavenly Beds enable one to have a good night's sleep, which is essential while travelling. I have shared your review with our associates and thanked them for a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Muskego, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel was great. The service was impeccable. I'm an SPG member, so it helps that I have gold status, but I've still never gotten as nice of an upgrade at any other location. The room was HUGE ... and it was just me traveling for business. It was an executive suite ... I loved it so much, I immediately walked back to the front desk to thank the gentleman for his assistance. The location to the ballpark was amazing ... literally step outside and BAM! There it is! It's even closer than any of the other hotels that actually have ballpark in their name ... cough, cough ... Hilton. It's only maybe a 10-minute walk to the Arch, and you can easily walk around everywhere else downtown. Great hotel, great service ... and I tried the breakfast buffet one morning. That was really good too. The only con was the layout of the hotel ... it was a bit of a maze to get around inside. Once you figured it out, it was OK.

Green Features: Get more SPG points by staying green and opting out of housekeeping!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for so many compliments! Our historical building does offer a unique layout unlike other hotels. We are conveniently located in downtown St. Louis, steps away from many attractions and venues. I have shared your comments with our associates and personally thanked them for offering such personalized and attentive service. We stand ready to welcome you back!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel three weeks ago. I would like to name front desk "Aaron" as one of the most welcoming staffs. He responded to my requests and even remember to ask me about my stay while I check out the next day, oh and he remembered me name!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Aaron! I have personally thanked him for offering such personalized, attentive service. We stand ready to welcome you back, if and when your travels bring you back to St. Louis!
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just returned from an overnight stay here. Wonderul does not even begin to cover this hotel. The staff were so pleasent and truly helpfull. The rooms are huge and the decor peaceful. I am a little OCD about cleanliness and this hotel was amazing. Other than a few niks and scraps our room was perfect. The common areas were also kept up nicely. This is now our "go to" hotel for St. Louis. It was a short walk to the arena and it has great proximitry to several tourist locations.
We did eat dinner and the breakfast buffett here and both were superb! I am not a morning person but our waitress was so personable and friendly it was great. The only issue we had was with the bar staff during the late night shift. Our waiter seemed to disappear and took forever to return. Also, if you plan on having one cocktail the bar is great. However, if you plan on having 2-3 cocktails I would bring my own and celebrate in my room. Our bar bill was close to $100 and we were just 4 people with 7 drinks. Overall, the experience here was outstanding and I will return.

Room Tip: Upper floors have less noise from the metrolink. Rooms on the "Clark Street" side are quie...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We're thrilled to be your 'go to' hotel, and stand ready to welcome you back! Thank you for the many compliments regarding our associates--I have personally thanked them for being so pleasant, helpful and personable. We are conveniently located in downtown St. Louis, just steps from sporting venues and other major attractions. Thank you again!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I must say that this is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at in a long time. Everything about our stay was great -- from the young gentleman who offered to help with luggage, to the front desk employees, to the restaurant staff in the morning. The rooms and hallways were very spacious and the rooms looked very new -- especially the bathrooms! The lobby had a certain "smell" to it was amazing. However, one of the elevators (the left one closest to the restaurant entrance) needs to be serviced. It shook a lot during our stay, but I forgot to mention before leaving. I would definitely stay again and recommended to others!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for so many compliments! I have personally shared your review with our associates and thanked them for providing such great service. Westin's signature white tea scent is unmistakable does enliven the senses. Our historical building allows us to offer spacious guest rooms and guest bathrooms, and offers a classic, yet modern feel. We stand ready to welcome you back!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I decided to get a room for 1 nt off of Hotwire.com. 4 star hotel for 2 star price? Sure why not...a few clicks later we had a $400 room for $75....and boy what a place! The Westin St. Louis is located directly across from the 3rd base side of Busch Stadium. Perfect for the baseball fan as you can actually see inside of the stadium from our room (419). The decor was incredible, both contemporary and calming. HUGE vaulted ceilings, incredible bed/sheets...nice bathroom, the whole 9. Everyone was incredibly friendly, especially Yvette at the front desk, and the gentleman who helped us with our luggage...a former Air Force serviceman. We will definitely be back in the future!

Room Tip: Restaurant looked very nice..but we went to Joe Bucks instead.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We stand ready to welcome you back! Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed comments about your recent stay with us. I've personally thanked Yvette and John for offering such attentive, personalized service. Our historic building coupled with our modern decor does offer a calming, yet classic atmosphere. I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed! Thank you again!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!