“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel three weeks ago. I would like to name front desk "Aaron" as one of the most welcoming staffs. He responded to my requests and even remember to ask me about my stay while I check out the next day, oh and he remembered me name!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Aaron! I have personally thanked him for offering such personalized, attentive service. We stand ready to welcome you back, if and when your travels bring you back to St. Louis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just returned from an overnight stay here. Wonderul does not even begin to cover this hotel. The staff were so pleasent and truly helpfull. The rooms are huge and the decor peaceful. I am a little OCD about cleanliness and this hotel was amazing. Other than a few niks and scraps our room was perfect. The common areas were also kept up nicely. This is now our "go to" hotel for St. Louis. It was a short walk to the arena and it has great proximitry to several tourist locations.
We did eat dinner and the breakfast buffett here and both were superb! I am not a morning person but our waitress was so personable and friendly it was great. The only issue we had was with the bar staff during the late night shift. Our waiter seemed to disappear and took forever to return. Also, if you plan on having one cocktail the bar is great. However, if you plan on having 2-3 cocktails I would bring my own and celebrate in my room. Our bar bill was close to $100 and we were just 4 people with 7 drinks. Overall, the experience here was outstanding and I will return.

Room Tip: Upper floors have less noise from the metrolink. Rooms on the "Clark Street" side are quie...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We're thrilled to be your 'go to' hotel, and stand ready to welcome you back! Thank you for the many compliments regarding our associates--I have personally thanked them for being so pleasant, helpful and personable. We are conveniently located in downtown St. Louis, just steps from sporting venues and other major attractions. Thank you again!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I must say that this is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at in a long time. Everything about our stay was great -- from the young gentleman who offered to help with luggage, to the front desk employees, to the restaurant staff in the morning. The rooms and hallways were very spacious and the rooms looked very new -- especially the bathrooms! The lobby had a certain "smell" to it was amazing. However, one of the elevators (the left one closest to the restaurant entrance) needs to be serviced. It shook a lot during our stay, but I forgot to mention before leaving. I would definitely stay again and recommended to others!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for so many compliments! I have personally shared your review with our associates and thanked them for providing such great service. Westin's signature white tea scent is unmistakable does enliven the senses. Our historical building allows us to offer spacious guest rooms and guest bathrooms, and offers a classic, yet modern feel. We stand ready to welcome you back!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I decided to get a room for 1 nt off of Hotwire.com. 4 star hotel for 2 star price? Sure why not...a few clicks later we had a $400 room for $75....and boy what a place! The Westin St. Louis is located directly across from the 3rd base side of Busch Stadium. Perfect for the baseball fan as you can actually see inside of the stadium from our room (419). The decor was incredible, both contemporary and calming. HUGE vaulted ceilings, incredible bed/sheets...nice bathroom, the whole 9. Everyone was incredibly friendly, especially Yvette at the front desk, and the gentleman who helped us with our luggage...a former Air Force serviceman. We will definitely be back in the future!

Room Tip: Restaurant looked very nice..but we went to Joe Bucks instead.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We stand ready to welcome you back! Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed comments about your recent stay with us. I've personally thanked Yvette and John for offering such attentive, personalized service. Our historic building coupled with our modern decor does offer a calming, yet classic atmosphere. I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed! Thank you again!
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very large and clean rooms. Great service. It's just across the street from Busch Stadium and within walking distance of Scottrade Center. You can catch the subway right next to the Westin.Their bar area is small and the restaurant/buffet is a little pricey but the food is great. They raise their room prices during special events at the Scottrade Center. But all of the hotels in the area do the same thing. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in downtown St. Louis and the Westin is, without doubt, the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. Much larger and dosen't cost any more.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us! We are centrally located in downtown St. Louis, steps away from many attractions and convenient to public transportation. I've personally thanked our staff for providing great service, and we stand ready to welcome you back!
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here for business this week. The hotel property was beautiful and the staff were extremely professional and courteous. I had room service that was excellent. However, my room was above the subway/train. I could hear people talking down there, yelling down there, and of course the sounds of the cars themselves. I count on a good night's sleep when I travel. This is not the kind of room that I would expect at the price that goes with staying at a Westin property. Will not be back and will be careful before picking another Westin property.

Room Tip: Tell them to put you either high up and away from the subway, or the other side of the property. Be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I apologize that your sleep was interrupted by outside distractions of which I wish we had more control. I have personally thanked our staff for being professional, courteous and offering excellent service. We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Recently stayed at the Westin while on business in St. Louis. I will say that my room (a king bed) was beautiful. It was large and very well appointed. The view was of Busch Stadium and the Arch, which was wonderful. The facility is very nice. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We stand ready to welcome you back on your next visit! Our historical building allow us to offer spacious guest rooms which offer various views of downtown St. Louis. Thank you for taking the time to post a review!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!