“We will definitely be back” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 Spruce St, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #5 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“We will definitely be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I decided to get a room for 1 nt off of Hotwire.com. 4 star hotel for 2 star price? Sure why not...a few clicks later we had a $400 room for $75....and boy what a place! The Westin St. Louis is located directly across from the 3rd base side of Busch Stadium. Perfect for the baseball fan as you can actually see inside of the stadium from our room (419). The decor was incredible, both contemporary and calming. HUGE vaulted ceilings, incredible bed/sheets...nice bathroom, the whole 9. Everyone was incredibly friendly, especially Yvette at the front desk, and the gentleman who helped us with our luggage...a former Air Force serviceman. We will definitely be back in the future!

Room Tip: Restaurant looked very nice..but we went to Joe Bucks instead.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We stand ready to welcome you back! Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed comments about your recent stay with us. I've personally thanked Yvette and John for offering such attentive, personalized service. Our historic building coupled with our modern decor does offer a calming, yet classic atmosphere. I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed! Thank you again!

874 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very large and clean rooms. Great service. It's just across the street from Busch Stadium and within walking distance of Scottrade Center. You can catch the subway right next to the Westin.Their bar area is small and the restaurant/buffet is a little pricey but the food is great. They raise their room prices during special events at the Scottrade Center. But all of the hotels in the area do the same thing. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in downtown St. Louis and the Westin is, without doubt, the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. Much larger and dosen't cost any more.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us! We are centrally located in downtown St. Louis, steps away from many attractions and convenient to public transportation. I've personally thanked our staff for providing great service, and we stand ready to welcome you back!
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here for business this week. The hotel property was beautiful and the staff were extremely professional and courteous. I had room service that was excellent. However, my room was above the subway/train. I could hear people talking down there, yelling down there, and of course the sounds of the cars themselves. I count on a good night's sleep when I travel. This is not the kind of room that I would expect at the price that goes with staying at a Westin property. Will not be back and will be careful before picking another Westin property.

Room Tip: Tell them to put you either high up and away from the subway, or the other side of the property. Be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I apologize that your sleep was interrupted by outside distractions of which I wish we had more control. I have personally thanked our staff for being professional, courteous and offering excellent service. We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Recently stayed at the Westin while on business in St. Louis. I will say that my room (a king bed) was beautiful. It was large and very well appointed. The view was of Busch Stadium and the Arch, which was wonderful. The facility is very nice. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We stand ready to welcome you back on your next visit! Our historical building allow us to offer spacious guest rooms which offer various views of downtown St. Louis. Thank you for taking the time to post a review!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was booked at another hotel but then decided to read the tripadvisor reviews to see how my hotel ranked. I'm glad I did. The other hotel didn't have wifi which is a necessity when traveling with teenagers. More than wifi, the hotel was very accommodating. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful. I loved the heavenly bath. The bed and bedding was very comfortable. We had a minor snafu with room service but nothing that was fixed very quickly. Overall, it was a good stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We're thrilled you chose to stay with us here at the Westin! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, and I'm delighted we lived up to the other reviews posted! I've personally thanked our associates for being friendly, helpful and accomodating. Our Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Bath do leave one with a feeling of renewal. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My hubby and I were on an extended road trip and we stopped into this place, just for an overnight stay and got right on the road the next morning. The parking situation was a little shaky because we had a carload of stuff and had to park a little ways away from the hotel, but still in the hotel parking area. After that ordeal we decided to stay in for the night and order room service, which was nice. The front desk staff were very friendly and overall it was a nice place and a comfortable stay. I certainly wouldn't mind staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay. I've shared your comments with our front desk staff and thanked them for being friendly. We do offer both valet and self parking so that our guests may choose which option best suits their needs. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future! Safe travels!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went there last night very disappointed service was horrible. No explanation of menu too forever to even serve us. Checked back one time. Sad I have been before and I was very pleased unfortunately last night was disappointing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my apology for the disappointing service you encountered. We strive to provide attentive service, and unfortunately we did not for your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, in order to offer the kind of service for which we are known. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!