“What a stay!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Paducah, Kentucky, United States
“What a stay!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I would like to say this was the best stay at any hotel i have ever been to. I was greeted first by David with valet. I could write the whole review on them because it set the standard for the stay. We got our stuff they asked if they could help i was fine doing it myself but i should have them do it too much stuff for two people. My wife and I went in and checked in and we booked a standard king, well to our delight they said that we were booked for a junior suite, wow wait sorry WOW!!!! Didnt even need to ask for an upgrade because they went ahead and did it Really Awesome!!!! Went up to room and it could have been the Presidential Suite because it felt like it. We relaxed in the room and decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel, Clark Street Grill, some of the best food I have eaten, if you go and is still on the menu, eat the scallops they dress them with a bacon and apple chutney my mouth is druelling because i want to have it again. Next day went out in the city it is right beside the metrorail station, first seemed shady but good security. Came back and wanted to go further around city so we went back to hotel to get our car. Valet service not just went to get the car but they RAN to get the car awesome service. Cant say enough cant wait to go again. Thank you so so so much for your awesome service Westin St. Louis

Room Tip: When booking let them know about an anniversary they may upgrade you llike they did for us.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for the review! We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing Westin St. Louis to celebrate your anniversary! I will share your comments with David and the valet staff and thank them for their outstanding service. I'm glad we were able to accomodate an upgrade for your special ocassion. We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Indianapolis area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed over the first weekend of March using 2 Living Social vouchers, and I must say I would stay again without a discount.

The initial experience upon check-in made me feel like "oh great, another Living Social couple." They were polite, but not the its so great you're here greeting expected from a Westin. But after that, everything was outstanding.

The room was huge with a bathroom beyond belief. There was a seperate tub from the shower, and both were big enough for 2.

Our voucher included free drinks and apps, so we visited the bar both nights. Usually the portions at downtown hotels never seem to match the price, but that is not the case here. We couldn't finish what we ordered Friday night, so we adjusted accordingly for Saturday night; and both nights they were quite tasty.

We didnt get a chance to chat with Andy (Fri), but had a blast with Dawn and Esther on Saturday (along with the bar/restaurant mgr that night). They all made us feel very welcome and took excellent care of us.

This place has a Metro stop right outside the entrance, and the 3rd base entrance to Busch Stadium is across the street from the rail entrance. Great location!!

• Stayed March 2013
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for the review and choosing Westin St. Louis for your recent stay! I will share your comments with Andy, Dawn and Esther and thank them for their personal and welcoming service! We stand ready for your next arrival.
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The problem with converting old factories & warehouses into hotels is that you'll have to compromise on something.
In the case of the Westin STL, the compromise comes with the design of the place....it's a maze!
If you're trying to get to the gym or staying in the adjoining part of the hotel, getting around is a bit of a mind bender.
After having been moved to a bigger room- as my first one smelled of a chemical floor cleaner (and a stunning vis a vis onto a wall), I had a pretty decent view and was quite content.
The usual amenities in the bathroom were nice (though sparse when compared to the Four Points I was coming from in NYC SoHo).

Internet connectivity didn't work very well (a question of access point density that's all) AND though the policy that the 11bucks a day was PER DEVICE was waived at checkout (iPhone, work pc and personal PC for 33 bucks a day?)- that policy needs to be reconsidered imho.

The gym was being renovated- though when completed I am sure it will be very nice.

Overall, the service was detail oriented and the team clearly focused on keeping the customer satisfied- which I can only salute.

Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! We sincerely appreciate your candid feedback and the opportunity to continually grow and enhance our guests' experience. The Westin St. Louis has a rich architectural background and history. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and and the service of our staff. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Oxford, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Westin St. Louis is one of the most unique and accommodating hotels I have visited. From the beginning there is a smiling face or two to greet you, help you park, and assist you with your check-in process. All the staff were extremely helpful. It does take a bit to find your room as the hotel winds around and some of the rooms are accessed across a breeze-way on one of the floors. Once in the room, the accommodations are exceptional. The bathroom is of spa quality and the bed is quite literally heavenly. One small downside I found was that there were no outlets next to the bed. Since my cell phone is my alarm clock, it was a little annoying to have to plug it in and leave it on the floor. One of the best features of this hotel is the Clark Street Grill housed on the lobby level. Every meal is exceptional and the servers are wonderful. In particular a server by the name of Rod Chamberlain provided friendly and attentive service at one of my breakfasts. Although I stayed in the winter, I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to stay there in the spring as the Cardinal's baseball stadium is literally across the street from the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for the review and recommedation! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff particularly friendly and helpful! I will share your comments with Rod and thank him for his personal service. The Westin St. Louis does offer unique rchitectural features throughout the hotel including a three-floor sky bridge connecting our two buildings. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

As someone who works in hospitality, I am very particular about which hotels I stay with when I travel. Our stay at the Westin was nearly perfect. The room was in mint condition and spacious. With two young women using the bathroom, having a double sink with plenty of outlets was amazing. The shower head was luxurious and the towels were soft and cozy. The only issue we had was with parking. When we returned at 2am, the small upper lot was filled and we were unaware there was a lower lot. We stopped by the front desk and they directed us to the proper location for parking. However, the trek in the rain (twice) wasn't much fun. The hotel is at a great location- right by Busch Stadium- so we were fortunate enough to share in the celebration of Stan Musial's life the weekend we visited. The staff were great for us, especially Yvette on front desk. Thanks for an incredible stay, Westin!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for the review and your candid feedback! Yvette is certainly one of our star performers and I will thank her for her service! I am delighted that our hotel and met your expectations! I appreciate your feedback regarding the parking and allowing us the opportunity to continue to improve our service! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay at the Westin. The staff was very friendly and easy to work with. It has a great location and the hotel was absolutely amazing. The room and bathroom were huge and very clean! The beds were also very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in downtown St. Louis. I know I will definitely be back to stay at the Westin again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff strives to personalize every stay and exceed each expectation. I look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I travel to downtown StLouis I cross my fingers that this property has rooms available.

The staff is always more than helpful, from the valet parking team, the front desk staff, the bar and restaurant staff, and housekeeping.

The rooms here are huge, the wireless internet is speedy, and you can get here via the metro train system from the airport for under 5 bucks !

It's a few blocks from the main downtown area of StLouis, where there are some great dining spots, across the street from the Cardinals ballpark, and a short jaunt to the Arch.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We sincerely appreciate your continued loyalty! We are conveniently located next to the MetroLink rail system as well as several dining and shopping options in the area. We are delighted that you choose Westin when your travels bring you to St. Louis and we stand ready for your next stay!