“Westin St louis” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Westin St louis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 4:30 and was told to come back in 30 minutes because our room was not ready yet. They never called and said anything about it. The restaurant staff was very unorganized and horrible service. The rooms were very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for providing your candid comments regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback, both the positive and negative comments. I have shared your concerns with the Front Office Manager regarding your wait time for your room. I assure you she is taking steps to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I have also shared your concerns with the Food and Beverage Management team regarding your experience in the restaurant. I'm delighted you enjoyed your room and I hope we have the opportunity to host again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Check-in staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet was great. The bathroom was also very nice and the room was spacious. Be sure to get a deal that includes parking and breakfast (as well as wifi). Depending on the rate you get, the hotel can either seem great or overpriced. Access to gym and a small spa are also nice. I paid $102 for my stay (including taxes and fees).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for providing your review! We sincerely appreciate the feedback so we can continue to grow and offer a tranquil stay for every guest. We do offer several packages that include breakfast for two in The Clark Street Grill as well as self parking and internet. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband an I wanted a nice romantic place to stay for our anniversary an came to the Westin, big mistake. We couldn't get out our car fast enough before we where harassed by the bell hoppee to move our car....Then we left that night to celebrate on the landing to come back to a phone call from the front desk threaten to kick us out due to excessive noise! I was out down never been treated like that in my life only for them to realize it was not us..an she never apologized, personally i think because we were African American she assumed we where the culprits..Then to to icing in my cake, The house keeper walks into my room while I was pumping breast milk for my Child..So not only was this unprofessional not even knocking, but I was left completely embarrassed. I proceed to speak to the manager Angela an told her about my experience an she seemed very concerned an offered me a free replacement night, but that was 2weeks ago an I have yet to receive any form of compensation...My advise avoid this place over priced an just rude Service..

• Stayed January 2013
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid comments concerning your recent overnight stay with us. Allow me to apologize for not meeting your overall expectations. I have addressed your concerns regarding the overnight staff to ensure this does not happen again. I have also addressed the concerns regarding the Room Attendant with our Housekeeping Manager and she is taking steps to prevent this oppportunity in the future. I hope we have the opportunity to host you again in future to provide a truly relaxing experience and win your loyalty!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Westin Hotel in St Louis is a great venue to have your next business meeting. The conference rooms have natural light, which is a definite plus. Seth Hanebutt was our Conference Services and Catering Manager. He did a great job! He promptly responded to our last minutes needs. He was available first thing in the morning until the evening hours. The Food & Beverage Manager Drazena Dilberovic also did a great job. The meals we had were excellent. She and her staff (TJ, Orlando and Michelle [Shell]) did an awesome job! They were very professiosnal and courteous attending to all our needs and going above what was expected. We will definitely be back for future meetings. - Diana Wood

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank yo so much for the review and recommendation! We are delighted you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again in the future. In addition to our soothing guest rooms, we offer several meeting and conference rooms to meet a variety of groups and their needs. I have personally thanked Seth, Drazena, TJ, Orlando and Shell for their awesome service!
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of the "Couples Special" for New Year's Eve and were impressed with this high-quality, reasonably priced, perks-plus hotel. The rooms were beautifully appointed with incredible bathrooms. I know the bathroom is probably low on the list of what to look for in a hotel, but the detail paid to this room is reflective of the entire attention to detail for the whole experience. Large, multi-head massage showerhead with separate soaker tub. Great lighting, fluffy bathrobes and towels, and top quality hairdryer. And this is just the bathroom! The mattress, linens and pillows made for a perfect rest, and the room was modern and well-appointed. We ate dinner in the restaurant before heading out for the evening and the food was incredible! Our special rate included $80 towards food, free breakfast, complimentary parking and custom bubble bath and handmade chocolates - all for a very reasonable rate. This is my second time using this site and both times have offered a very positive experience. Despite the advantages (including incredible location next to the ballpark), it's almost always got availability at a very fair price. Do yourself a favor... get in on this deal before the secret gets out.

Room Tip: Ask about specials. They have just started adding them to their services and the deals are incredib...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about the Westin St. Louis! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and a Happy New Year's Eve! Our Heavenly Beds provide for a renewing night's sleep and our Heavenly Bath leaves you feeling your best at the end of the day. We offer several packages to best accomodate individual desires and to tailor each stay. We look forward to hosting you again!
Granite City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had a girls weekend getaway at The Westin St.Louis and it could not have been more wondeful. From the time you arrive you feel as that the staff really cares about your stay. They were very helpful, polite and knowledgeable. Everyone from the restaurant staff to Yvette at the front desk I have NEVER come across a more welcoming staff.Now to the hotel itself. The rooms were incredibly spacious. The beds were perfect (could have stayed there all day LOL), the bathroon inviting and warm from the colors of the decor to the plush robes. The hotel was pristine very well maintained. We have already decided that this will be our annual destination for our girls weekend getaway. I would like to give a special thank you to Ms. Yvette at the front desk for helping me in a crisis, I look forward to seeing her smiling face again when we return. Thank you Westin St.Louis for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for choosing the Westin St. Louis for your girls weekend getaway! We are so happy to help you celebrate this special occasion! I have personally thanked Yvette for her personal and instinctive service. We are ready to host your annual trip every year and leave you feeling refreshed and renewed!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Good value, great rooms, amazing service, Ms. Yvette.... Nuff said!!!!
I have never had a front desk clerk with such a wonderful spirit and go so far out her way to make sure that my stay was amazing!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review! I am delighted that Yvette provided such excellent service and provided such a memorable experience! I have personally thanked Yvette and we look forward to hosting you again in the future if your travels bring you back to St. Louis!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!