“Delightful oasis in a challenging city!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 Spruce St, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #12 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stella, Canada
“Delightful oasis in a challenging city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Sleek, modern, impeccably clean and very comfortable! Deluxe king room on the seventh floor was superb. Beautifully decorated with well-designed and functional millwork and every amenity.

After driving through the north end of St Louis, the Westin was an oasis of serenity. Bar staff were kind and engaging. Valet parking staff were very helpful and beat us to the room with the luggage.

Overall, an exceptional hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I have personally shared this review with our associates to thank them for providing engaging and attentive service. Our location in downtown St. Louis offers a place to escape for both business and leisure travel. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review; we look forward to hosting you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed over the Christmas holiday here for a few days. First thing we noticed was how modern and inviting the lobby was. Our room was very nice. The beds were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was so nice too...had both shower and soaking tub and it was very spacious. Everything in the hotel was spotlessly clean, including the public restrooms.

What really wowed me though was how friendly the hotel staff was. They went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our breakfast each morning and even gave our little boy gifts each morning of snacks and candy each morning just because.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is also excellent for any downtown activities, especially Cardinal's games. Didn't get to use the exercise facility but it looks amazing...bigger than any other hotel I've seen.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the deluxe rooms if possible as they have high ceilings and premium bathrooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for the many compliments! I have shared your comments with our associates and personally thanked them for a job well done! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, whenever your travels bring you back to St. Louis!
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was our first visit (12/22 to 12/23) - 1 night - premium 2 queen bed. It was a fantastic experience. Booked thru hotels.com, checkin was easy. Room was large (for any hotel I have stayed in). Breakfast was very good quality. I would definitely stay here on my next trip to St. Louis.

Room Tip: Busch Stadium views would be good though we did not have one. 7th floor rooms are great - offer fa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us! We're thrilled to know you will be returning--we stand ready to serve on your next visit!
Kirkwood, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

It was my 6th Anniversary with my wife this past weekend. The hotel couldn't have been better, and the people couldn't have been nicer. The hotel was a pleasant experience, and I'd definitely stay here for our next anniversary. Heavenly Beds are the best!

That said, I can't recommend the restaurant. The food was decent, but we had a relatively good living social deal with appetizers, so that made up for the pricing. That's not the problem here. It was the service. The waiter walked around with his head down and his back toward the tables. The wrong dish was brought to me, and to at least three other tables while we were there. We had time to observe because he forgot about us. When we finally got his attention, he was very apologetic saying he's new (for 3 weeks) and that it's incredibly busy (6 tables). We had been sitting there with empty plates on the table for a good twenty minutes.

This was our anniversary dinner, and we were really looking forward to the fact that it wasn't actually busy. We skipped dessert because we didn't have a clue on how long that would take. Then I received the receipt, or rather 3 receipts with three different amounts. One was the original amount before the deal we had. The second and third were different totals. Honestly, I was in a rush to actually enjoy my anniversary that I just signed one and decided that I would call once I find the total in my bank statement.

Maybe this was an isolated incident, but it was enough of a debacle that I won't return. I'll go to the hotel for sure, but I'll go for a walk or a drive to another restaurant downtown with better service.

Room Tip: Get a premiere king room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to have been a part of your anniversary celebration. I have shared your comments with our food and beverage manager who has addressed your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was meeting a colleague who was staying here, and I arrived at 8am so decided to enjoy their breakfast. It was DELICIOUS, and a HUGE spread, including pancakes, which were wonderful! Michelle was my server, and she was the sweetest thing! Very very attentive, never had an empty plate left on my table, and she even had the cook make me up a fresh batch of pancakes! It is a modern hotel, the lobby is warm, not fussy, and overall a very good style. If nothing else, go here for their breakfast and to meet Michelle! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for complimenting Michelle! I have personally thanked her for providing such personalized, attentive service. The Clark Street Grill offers breakfast, lunch and dinner and is a perfect place to meet colleagues as we're just steps away from many offices located in downtown St. Louis. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I got married in St. Louis in early November, and to house our out-of-town guests, we reserved a 20-room wedding block at the Westin St. Louis. It was an absolutely amazing experience from beginning to end. The sales staff negotiated an incredible rate for our guests, they were extremely accommodating of our needs, and they even threw in a suite for my wife and I to enjoy on our wedding night! As for the property itself, we fell in love with this hotel the very first time we set foot in it because of its unique combination of historical charm and modern elegance. The rooms are large and spacious, and the beds are incredibly comfortable. But the best part by far is the enormous bathroom, which offers a two-person shower (with double shower heads), a huge vanity, and a separate bathtub! Every single one of our guests raved about the accommodations at Westin St. Louis, and we are incredibly grateful for everything they did to make our wedding weekend the special event that it was. They truly went above and beyond for us, and as a result, we can't wait to return the next time we're looking for a place to stay downtown! If you are a bride or groom searching for a hotel to host your wedding guests for the big weekend, you will not find a better place in St. Louis than the Westin! And for everyone else, it's an incredible place in a great location, so do yourself a favor and check it out, and I promise you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are thrilled we were able to be part of your big day! I have personally thanked our sales associates for being so accomodating and attentive. Our historical building combined with our contemporary decor allows us to offer a unique hotel, with spacious guest rooms and guest bathrooms.
We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am a consultant by trade and see many hotels, this was is always a pleasure, great folks at the front desk, great service at Clark Street Grill, Dawn Graham and group.

I look forward to my next visity.

Room Tip: Rooms facing interior are quieter and still receive plenty of sunshine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We look forward to your next visit as well! Thank you for the many compliments, which I've shared with Dawn and all of our associates. Thank you for taking the time to post a review!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!