“Great customer service.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“Great customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I travel for business around 28 weeks a year. The employees at Westin St. Louis were fantastic. In particular Rod Chamberlain. My business partner and I were in a hurry. Rod expedited our breakfast order, took our luggage to storage and ordered our cab. We didn't ask him to do this for us. He simply volunteered!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review! I have personally thanked Rod for his customer service and providing you with a great experience. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have been staying off and on throughout the year here, and I see the Westin improving tremendously. The service and atmosphere were great, and Dawn in the bar even remembered my food and drink order from a few months back. Only small problem was at breakfast when none of the wait staff approached me for a beverage. Besides that, it was a perfect stay.

Room Tip: If you are going during a baseball game and are a light sleeper, get a room facing the inner courtya...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay with us. I've personally thanked Dawn for offering such personalized service; and for having a great memory! Our restaurant manager will address your comments with our staff to ensure we are more prompt in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I travel a fair amount for business which is usually an "in and out" experience but I still like to be comfortable and feel safe and the Westin always fits the bill. Yesterday I had one if those days where nothing was working out and was finally told at the airport that I was going to be in St. Louis for another night. I was not pleased but immediately called the Westin, hoping they would have a room and was delighted to here they did.
I was greeted warmly the moment I walked in; my room was terrific; a king bed with lovely bedding, a huge bathroom with a giant tub and separate shower; a couch and very nice desk and work space. But the best feature if the hotel for me yesterday was their "Pack Light Stay Fit" program where if you call down they will lend you New Balance workout gear so you can hit the gym without having to lug your stuff with you.
I was able to have a great workout, cleanup and go to their very nice restaurant and have a delicious dinner and by the time I rolled into bed I was feeling like a new person.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We're thrilled you keep coming back! Thank you for taking the time to post a review concerning your stay with us. Our New Balance Lending program does allow that all important work out to still happen while travelling, without taking up the extra space in one's luggage. I have shared your comments with our associates and thanked them for providing a warm greeting and attentive service. We stand ready for your next visit!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I checked in to the Westin St. Louis hotel at 2:30am Thursday morning and were greeted by Raquel, a very professional and considerate staff member. She recognized that we were tired and anxious to get to bed so she quickly checked us in and made sure we were satisfied with our room and extra needs. It was a warm and sincere welcoming that made us feel like we were truly appreciated. Another staff member that deserves special recognition is Rod C. for his attention to detail in the hotel's Clark Street Grill restaurant. Rod was quick to get us seated and served and made sure that we were completely satisfied with our meals. We liked the way he took personal ownership over every detail in the restaurant and pride in his ability to provide excellent service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for the many compliments! I have shared your comments with both Racquel and Rod and thanked them both for offering such personalized, attentive service. I'm thrilled we were able to share in the celebration of your Thanksgiving holiday! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
New City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our recent family trip to Te Westin ws marred by the constant scrutiny we received every time we entered a public area of the hotel. The New York Jets were staying there before their game. It felt as though the entire hotel was in a prison type lock down. On multiple occasions, we were asked what our purpose was for being in the lobby. On a positive note, the rooms were nicely appointed and front desk staf were well intentioned. This hotel is not ready to host a function and leisure guests at the same time. Ask who else is staying before booking this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with queen beds significantly smaller than those with king beds.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Westin St Louis is the best downtown hotel in the area. I stayed for 6 days and was amazed at the great customer service I received. I want to especiall thank Dawn Graham for her outstanding service and making my return trip to St Louis a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing comments from your recent stay with us! We're delighted you named us the best hotel in the downtown area! I've shared your comments with Dawn and personally thanked her for offering such attentive service. We stand ready to serve on your next visit!
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel provides the kind of stay you wish you had at every stop. The hotel was super clean and looked fantastic throughout. The service at the front desk and from the bellmen at the front door was great. The staff really seemed to like their job and they tried to give you the best service possible with a genuine smile on their faces!
The room was very clean and the bathroom great. Large tub for baths and large glass shower area that provided plenty of room inside. Bed was a typical ultra-perfect for sleeping Westin bed. We had a great view right across the street from the Third Base side of Busch Stadium. Great location too. Wi-Fi was quick and easy.
A great stay!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! Our associates truly enjoy what they do and I'm thrilled it shows! Our Heavenly beds leave one with a feeling of renewal in the morning. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again, whenever your travels bring you back to St. Louis.

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!