“Business trip in St.Louis” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 Spruce St, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Business trip in St.Louis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

While I'm not an avid baseball fan, I thought it was pretty cool that the St. Louis Westin Hotel is within walking distance to the Cardinal stadium. If you're a fan or in town for a game, I would say the location is a plus.

I found the Westin staff to be very helpful. When I needed something they addressed my need promptly. I love the modern contempory decor of the hotel. It has a very fresh and new feel. The rooms are spacious and I slept like a baby, which is not always the case when I travel for work.

If you don't feel like leaving your room like I did, you'll be happy with room service. It is 24 hours and they have a pretty good selection to choose from. The fitness center is up to date and very clean. They have a good selection of equipment to use.

I was in town for a meeting and we used their conference room facilities which were also up to date and good. The Westin offers great customer service whether it be for personal or business travel. I would definitely stay here again.

Kudos to their team.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! I'm delighted to know you slept like a baby in our Heavenly bed! We are conveniently located just steps away from many attractions in downtown St. Louis. We do offer 24 hour in-room dining, which is perfect for those late night cravings. I've shared your comments with our associates, and thanked them for a job well done. We stand ready to serve for your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Wow. This hotel is modern, clean, polished, and the rooms are just amazing! Spacious room, high ceilings, huge luxurious bathroom and heavenly bed! I wish I could have stayed longer. Can't speak for the service, but the rooms are definitely out of this world!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay! We are conveniently located within walking distance of many attractions, dining venues and office buildings in downtown St. Louis. I have thanked our associates for offering such friendly service and immaculate accomodations and we look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Edmond, Oklahoma, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We found this hotel to be an excellent choice. Convenient downtown location, across the street from the ball park, 6 blocks from the arena, across the street the metro link (we used from the airport to downtown-20 min, $2.00 ride). A nice short walk to the Arch. The food was great, service was great, staff was friendly. Would definately stay again. The room and bath were immaculate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for submitting a review! I'm thrilled you found us to be an excellent choice! I've shared your comments with our associates and personally thanked them for offering attentive, friendly service. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The circumstances of being “stuck” in St. Louis when Hurricane Sandy hit the northeast coast turned a three-night stay into a totally unexpected seven-nighter that began as a major inconvenience and ended as a relaxing impromptu and memorable mini vacation. The organization I work for had just concluded a three-day around-the-clock business meeting at the Westin St. Louis, and I was SO exhausted and ready to go home. At meetings’ end, I checked out and after an all-day wait in the airport, “Sandy” had plans for colleagues and I to stay put due to cancelled flights. This is where the Westin staff made our extended stay so pleasant. We were all promptly re-booked and able to check-in without delay and my preference for a low-floor close to street level and gym was accommodated immediately.

After re-checking in, the Clark Street Grill staff warmly welcomed our party for a late dinner. The ‘Grill’ was such a positive experience with regard to its menu and service which together set it apart from the competition. Dining healthy on the road – and having vegetarian-friendly choices – is important to me and I’ll start by saying the salads and fresh veggies there are Awesome! Room service is prompt, courteous and friendly, and the oatmeal (which is amazing!), fruit smoothies (made to order), and Starbucks were an awesome treat to look forward to each morning!

The old brick building is aesthetically beautiful with 1890s character, having been converted from the turn-of-the-century Cupples Station railroad complex. Guest rooms are quiet, comfortable and well-appointed for a business or vacation stay.

The hotel – located right next to Busch Stadium – is in a prime location for walking to lunch/dinner, seeing historic sites, shopping, and walking, running or biking along the Mississippi at the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial/Gateway Arch park.

Hotel gyms are usually an afterthought, but not at Westin Saint Louis! I was pleased to discover how complete the gym was with its expansive free-weight room to complement the adjoining aerobic/cardio/weight machine rooms. Have to say, I was completely in awe of the fact that the free-weight room had an “old school” t-bar rowing contraption that I haven’t seen in years…needless to say, I had to rib my gym at home for not having one of these gems!

I would highly recommend this hotel to other organizations for its comfortable and spacious meeting rooms, cordial and accessible information technology and hospitality staff and central U.S. location and proximity to the airport.

Lastly, a sincere thanks to the hotel and Clark Street Grill staff for the professional and personable, warm, homespun hospitality. Their attention to the small things and details of the day-to-day is where they excel to make this a 5-Star stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for submitting such a detailed review, filled with compliments! While I wish the circumstances surrounding your extended visit could have been different, I'm delighted you felt relaxed and at home. I have shared your comments with our associates and personally thanked them for providing such attentive service, especially during a stressful time for you. I appreciate your 5 star rating and recommendations! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you back to St. Louis!
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great location and the train to the airport is right next door.
The rooms have high ceilings and are nicely appointed. Great bed. It is near the baseball stadium and I was told that it gets noisy on game nights.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Louis, just steps away from many attractions, dining venues as well as sports venues. We look forward to hosting you again whenever your travels bring you back to St. Louis!
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I love this hotel. It's my second visit (for work) and I'll have to say I looked forward to coming back. The staff is incredibly friendly plus the rooms are clean and spacious. I normally assume hotel food is going to be just okay, but the restaurant is pretty good (and healthy) - especially breakfast:). Thanks to Rod C. for the awesome service today - it's nice to feel taken care of when you have to travel for work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! I have personally spoken with Rod to thank him for providing such attentive service. I've also shared your comments with our culinary staff in the Clark Street Grill. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about this Hotel! We got married that day and they rolled out the red carpet for me and my Husband!!!! (On a Thursday!) from the bell boys who brought my cell phone to me when they found it in our car when they parked it to the bartender who paid for our drinks to the bell boy calling the restaurant we had reservations at that evening to let them know it was a special night (Ruth Chris's) ! We travel a lot and have never had such amazing service! Will definitely go back and encourage others to do the same!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share you comments! We hope to part of your annual celebration for many years to come. I have personally thanked our staff for helping to make your wedding night so memorable. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!