“I do enjoy a good Westin” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 Spruce St, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #12 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
NYC
“I do enjoy a good Westin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great location and the train to the airport is right next door.
The rooms have high ceilings and are nicely appointed. Great bed. It is near the baseball stadium and I was told that it gets noisy on game nights.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Louis, just steps away from many attractions, dining venues as well as sports venues. We look forward to hosting you again whenever your travels bring you back to St. Louis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I love this hotel. It's my second visit (for work) and I'll have to say I looked forward to coming back. The staff is incredibly friendly plus the rooms are clean and spacious. I normally assume hotel food is going to be just okay, but the restaurant is pretty good (and healthy) - especially breakfast:). Thanks to Rod C. for the awesome service today - it's nice to feel taken care of when you have to travel for work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! I have personally spoken with Rod to thank him for providing such attentive service. I've also shared your comments with our culinary staff in the Clark Street Grill. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about this Hotel! We got married that day and they rolled out the red carpet for me and my Husband!!!! (On a Thursday!) from the bell boys who brought my cell phone to me when they found it in our car when they parked it to the bartender who paid for our drinks to the bell boy calling the restaurant we had reservations at that evening to let them know it was a special night (Ruth Chris's) ! We travel a lot and have never had such amazing service! Will definitely go back and encourage others to do the same!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share you comments! We hope to part of your annual celebration for many years to come. I have personally thanked our staff for helping to make your wedding night so memorable. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was a pleasure staying at The Westin the past weekend. From the moment we arrived until we left everyone on staff was pleasant, extremely helpful and always with a smile. The room was quite large with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in...heavenly. I must say that Dawn Graham, in the Clark Street Bar and Restaurant was amazing; she was bartender, waitress, the whole nine yards, and no matter how busy she was she went out of her way to accommodate all of our group.Thanks Dawn! I highly recommend The Westin, St. Louis!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the recommendation! I have personally shared your comments with our staff, and especially thanked Dawn for being so attentive to your group. We stand ready to welcome you back on your next visit!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked this hotel to attend a convention that was held at the Edward Jones Dome in downtown. The walk to the dome was pleasant and only took about 18 minutes. A taxi ride to the dome was only 3 minutes and cost $10. Either way the location was very convenient for me.

We took the train from the airport which drops off at Stadium exit which is right across the street from the hotel. Very convenient and cost $4 per person and took about 30 minutes once on board. Wait time varies between trains so add on about 10 minutes.

The beds are listed as "heavenly beds" and I must say they were. The room was exceptionally clean and the beds very comfortable with crispy clean sheets. The room decor was pleasant and relaxing. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub and a large shower with double shower heads. We opted to skip housekeeping service during our two night stay and received a $5 voucher to use in the restaurant. I liked this option.

The restaurant was nicely decorated with a bar portion and a restaurant portion. The bar section is dimly lit for those who prefer lighting. The service was slow but the food was good. Breakfast buffet was very good but a bit expensive. I ordered an egg-white omelet with broccoli and cheddar that came with my buffet. It was excellent.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who enjoys the "little extras" and doesn't mind paying a "little extra" to have them.

Room Tip: From our room we could see the Arch. Very nice!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! Our convenient location allows for walking to many venues and attractions in downtown St. Louis. I'm thrilled to know that you were left feeling renewed by our Heavenly beds! We do offer the Make a Green Choice program which is rewarding for our guests and the environment alike. I have spoken with our Restaurant manager who has addressed your comments concerning the speed of service with our associates. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm not a world traveler by any means but this hotel ranks up there as one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed at. We were lucky enough to get a room facing the baseball stadium and when I say facing the stadium, I mean that if there as a game, you could literallly see the people in their seats. Also, the arch frames the stadium so nicely that our group stood at the window for the first 20 minutes just in awe and taking pictures at every different angle.

The room was so spacious and the ceiling (in my particular room at least) was really high which added to the opulence of the room. This room was so fanciful, it inspired our group to actually hit the minibar; which has never happened before! The bathroom was superb with both a double head shower and a full tub. (i am not sure if it was a spa tub).

One of my favorite features was the pendant lights hanging over the bed. That feature, along with the smartly decorated artwork really made the room feel unique.

Great choice, especially if you're able to get a stadium view!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the detailed review, that include so many compliments! Our historical building allows us to offer spacious guest rooms with high ceilings. Most of our guest rooms offer both a standing shower and a soaking tub, which leaves one feeling refreshed. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again, whenever your travels bring you back to St. Louis.
Hermann, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had high expectations of this hotel because I paid quite a bit of $$ for it. No deal on this one!

Pros --- wide, quiet hallways
VERY close to Busch Stadium - stayed here overnight for a game and had a great view of the Statdium.
Comfy King Bed
Nice furnishings
Helpful Frontdesk
TV wouldn't work.. Because it was after the game and we were only wanting it for a few hours as we relaxed in bed, they gave us a free movie instead. We were able to watch Ted for free before it was out on DVD which was nice!!

Cons ---
No bathtub :(
My body wash just dissappeared. We have no idea what happened to it. I definitely brought it because I showered with it before the game but when we went to pack it up the next day it was gone. It's pretty pricey bath scrub (30.00) but I can't imagine someone came in and took it while we were at the game (that's just silly!) We just have NO idea where it went because it was left in the shower. We literally searched for almost an hour; tore the whole room apart. So, that's strange!
Although we were facing the stadium, which was very neart, we were also right above the train and the train was very, very loud. It woke me up at 4 or 5am.
Food from the downstairs restaurant was not good HOWEVER the gentleman at the restaurants' frontdesk was SO nice and helpful :) Kudos to him.
Outdoor parking. Although nothing happened to my car, it made me nervous as it was kinda sketchy and I assumed there would be indoor parking.

Overall, I would stay here again if I was going to a baseball game but I would lower my expectations and look for a deal.

Room Tip: View of the stadium is nice but consider the train!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a very detailed review! Because of the our unique layout, some of our rooms offer a standing shower, and some of our rooms offer both a soaking tub and standing shower. I'm thrilled to hear you so enjoyed our Heavenly bed, while viewing your complimentary movie. With our convenient location in the heart of downtown St. Louis, just as any large city, there are noise factors that I wish we had more control over. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!