“Impeccable !!!! Best service, attention to detail we've ever received!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin St. Louis

You added Westin St. Louis to your Saves list
Westin St. Louis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 Spruce St, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Impeccable !!!! Best service, attention to detail we've ever received!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this Hotel! We got married that day and they rolled out the red carpet for me and my Husband!!!! (On a Thursday!) from the bell boys who brought my cell phone to me when they found it in our car when they parked it to the bartender who paid for our drinks to the bell boy calling the restaurant we had reservations at that evening to let them know it was a special night (Ruth Chris's) ! We travel a lot and have never had such amazing service! Will definitely go back and encourage others to do the same!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share you comments! We hope to part of your annual celebration for many years to come. I have personally thanked our staff for helping to make your wedding night so memorable. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was a pleasure staying at The Westin the past weekend. From the moment we arrived until we left everyone on staff was pleasant, extremely helpful and always with a smile. The room was quite large with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in...heavenly. I must say that Dawn Graham, in the Clark Street Bar and Restaurant was amazing; she was bartender, waitress, the whole nine yards, and no matter how busy she was she went out of her way to accommodate all of our group.Thanks Dawn! I highly recommend The Westin, St. Louis!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the recommendation! I have personally shared your comments with our staff, and especially thanked Dawn for being so attentive to your group. We stand ready to welcome you back on your next visit!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked this hotel to attend a convention that was held at the Edward Jones Dome in downtown. The walk to the dome was pleasant and only took about 18 minutes. A taxi ride to the dome was only 3 minutes and cost $10. Either way the location was very convenient for me.

We took the train from the airport which drops off at Stadium exit which is right across the street from the hotel. Very convenient and cost $4 per person and took about 30 minutes once on board. Wait time varies between trains so add on about 10 minutes.

The beds are listed as "heavenly beds" and I must say they were. The room was exceptionally clean and the beds very comfortable with crispy clean sheets. The room decor was pleasant and relaxing. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub and a large shower with double shower heads. We opted to skip housekeeping service during our two night stay and received a $5 voucher to use in the restaurant. I liked this option.

The restaurant was nicely decorated with a bar portion and a restaurant portion. The bar section is dimly lit for those who prefer lighting. The service was slow but the food was good. Breakfast buffet was very good but a bit expensive. I ordered an egg-white omelet with broccoli and cheddar that came with my buffet. It was excellent.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who enjoys the "little extras" and doesn't mind paying a "little extra" to have them.

Room Tip: From our room we could see the Arch. Very nice!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! Our convenient location allows for walking to many venues and attractions in downtown St. Louis. I'm thrilled to know that you were left feeling renewed by our Heavenly beds! We do offer the Make a Green Choice program which is rewarding for our guests and the environment alike. I have spoken with our Restaurant manager who has addressed your comments concerning the speed of service with our associates. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm not a world traveler by any means but this hotel ranks up there as one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed at. We were lucky enough to get a room facing the baseball stadium and when I say facing the stadium, I mean that if there as a game, you could literallly see the people in their seats. Also, the arch frames the stadium so nicely that our group stood at the window for the first 20 minutes just in awe and taking pictures at every different angle.

The room was so spacious and the ceiling (in my particular room at least) was really high which added to the opulence of the room. This room was so fanciful, it inspired our group to actually hit the minibar; which has never happened before! The bathroom was superb with both a double head shower and a full tub. (i am not sure if it was a spa tub).

One of my favorite features was the pendant lights hanging over the bed. That feature, along with the smartly decorated artwork really made the room feel unique.

Great choice, especially if you're able to get a stadium view!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for the detailed review, that include so many compliments! Our historical building allows us to offer spacious guest rooms with high ceilings. Most of our guest rooms offer both a standing shower and a soaking tub, which leaves one feeling refreshed. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again, whenever your travels bring you back to St. Louis.
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the privilege of staying at the Westin in St. Louis this past week. Wow! Can you say customer service? It is definitely not a dieing breed at this hotel. Also, the rooms were fantastic - large, comfortable and roomy. I will make it a point to tell my friends and family who visit St. Louis often for ball games, to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We stand ready to serve your family and friends! Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your stay with us! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back as well!
Redwood City, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the Westin St. Louis during the National League Championship Series. As a Giants supporter, I feared that the hometown hospitality might be lacking. That was certainly not the case.

I flew out on a redeye and arrived very early and attempted an early check-in. Unfortunately, the hotel was sold out and there were no rooms available. Maranda at the front desk was apologetic and suggested that I shower and relax in the oversized gym and locker room. I took her up on this offer and got in a great workout.

Over the course of my three day stay, Maranda at the front desk went out of her way to make my stay as comfortable as possible--and I definitely put her to the test. I needed some clothes pressed the morning I arrived and didn't have access to an iron since my room wasn't available--so Maranda offered to personally iron them for me! Later in the week, I needed a notary to sign off on some official documents. Maranda brought a notary to me in the lobby, free of charge! Finally, on my last day, I asked Maranda to deliver gifts to four rooms on short notice before my friends checked out and she made sure that each one was hand delivered to the intended recipient.

This hotel isn't perfect (business center is lacking) but it's about as close as they come. While the rooms, fitness center and location are great, it's the service that really makes the difference.

I will stay here every time I visit St. Louis.

Thanks to Maranda and the rest of the team at the Westin St. Louis!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for so many compliments! We are looking forward to your next visit already! I have shared your comments with Maranda, and thanked her for being attentive and offering such personalized service. Thank you again!
Bainbridge Island, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a fairly new hotel with spacious rooms and cleanly maintained.
The main location factor is that it is directly across the street from the baseball stadium. Nothing else is close walking distance. No shops no restaurants, nothing. Ou room had a view of the alley that serves as the front entrance, so not only was the view grim but it was noisy outside until after midnight.
The room was above average and spacious compared to similar business hotels. We had noisy neighbors and could hear their conversation until midnight.
Extra cost charged for Internet connection should be a thing of the past in a business hotel! Also insulting was the $3. Charge for bottled water, in very tiny print on the bottle. What a ripoff!
Doorman was lessthan helpful

Breakfast was OK but crowded, busy and slow service. $26 for two simple breakfasts with no beverages was excessive.

No restaurants close by meant $30 in cab fares for dinner.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your candid comments regarding your stay with us. We are located in the heart of downtown St. Louis, steps away from many attractions, dining venues and shops. I apologize for the noisy neighbors that caused a less than tranquil evening for you. I have shared your comments with our Front Office manager who has addressed our front door staff. I thank you again for your comments and look forward to hosting you in the future.

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!