“Lives up to hype” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tulsa, OK
“Lives up to hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

Booked through SPG.com for $105 the weekend following Christmas. Very nice room with high ceiling. Great views of Busch Stadium (I am a Cards fan!).

Nothing that stood out. Glad for subtle room "upgrade" when mentioned I am w/ SPG at checkin. I suspect the corner rooms, which we were in, have better views, and perhaps the higher ceilings.

Great surroundings and fun getaway for the price. You can't beat that.

Tip: if arriving on evening, non-game night, notice the parking meters that are free from 7pm-8/9 am and also on weekends. There are also fairly well-lit $3/day lots just West of the hotel. Don't pay $15/day for parking!!

Clark St. Grill for brunch was so-so, but probably worth the price.

• Liked — location, modern decorum, cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing bad, but parking ridiculous for this city
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

905 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2008

Both in May and in November, my husband and I stayed at the Westin Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri. Both times, we were celebrating birthdays!! The great thing about the location of the Westin in St. Louis, is that it is walking distance from so much! In May, the big birthday event was a baseball game to see the Cardinals and in November, it was to see the Blues play hockey! The Westin is right across the street from Busch Stadium and only a few blocks from Scottrade Center (aka Keil Center). There are packages one can take advantage of that the Westin offers. For our November visit, we did purchase a package for a night's stay, parking and tickets (EXCELLENT SEATS) to a Blues' game. In May, we just got the room because we already had tickets to the baseball game. Both events were reasonable. The staff even put out a plate of chocolate covered cherries and a bottle of champagne in May...not sure if that was a mistake but it sure was lovely!! Both times we stayed on the fourth floor. These rooms were both "Deluxe" ones and were HUGE!! I almost wished we could have stayed a week!! I am including photos. The restaurant/bar "Clark Street Grill" is awesome!! Deanne is the best bartender ever!!! (We think she looks like Stevie Nicks!) Any meals we ate there, including the breakfast buffet, were great!! Excellent service too! The front desk folks were really nice and took great care to make sure we were satisfied with everythink about our stay! We chose to use valet parking and, although that is always the more pricey choice, it was worth it. They were quick and took fine care of our car on both occasions. They're gym is also quite nice! I can't say enough about the folks at the Westin St. Louis and the wonderful rooms and cozy beds!! We will go there again when it's time to celebrate and see some great St. Louis baseball or hockey!!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2007

When my wife and I visit my parents in St. Louis we always stay at the Westin. We're spoiled, we always stay at 5 star hotels when we travel. The Westin provides us with that same level of service through the attention of its fabulous staff. Some examples of this are the front desk manager's quick responses to our e-mails and the very happy a professional staff in the Clark Street Grill. We are looking forward to our next visit!

• Liked — Wonderful Staff
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2007

I have stayed here for every as well as parked here for baseball there just great. Service is fast even when the game let's out the food id ok at the Clark Street grill nothing outstanding but good and reliable as well as fast.

• Liked — service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

Our stay at the Westin St Louis was absolutely excellent- our room was large and comfortable (soundproof walls, darkening curtains, plush decadent robes, huge showers, truly heavenly beds, spotless everything, full service gym to rival the NYC Equinox!), the building is modern without being cold, and the staff was beyond accomodating.

I came down with the flu while there for the weekend (!) and the staff went out of their way to make me comfortable- made me eggs that aren't even on the dinner menu (all I was interested in eating), cleaned the room as late as 4pm when I'd finally be able to get up for a bit. Wish every hotel was this fantastic.

• Liked — Super comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — location isn't ideal
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

I stay in Westins all the time, as a member of Starwood. This Westin is, by far, the most gorgeous of them all, and has an unbelievable staff.

I'm not sure what else I can say that's different than any other great reviews on this site, but here's an example of the perfect service that this hotel provides: When I arrived on a Sunday, I called Service Express to have some clothes pressed for business meetings on Monday and Tuesday. On Monday morning, when I called to inquire about the whereabouts of my clothes, they told me that laundry doesn't go out on Sunday, but would see what they could do. As my meetings were within a few hours of that phone call, I started to worry, and called back to ask that they send the clothes back up and I would iron them myself. When I called Service Express, the girl who answered the phone was ironing my clothes! I couldn't believe how generous she was.

THAT is wonderful service. It's very hard to come by these days. Don't stay anywhere else if you're coming to St. Louis!

• Liked — The beautiful, spacious rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

Favorite place to stay in St. Louis. We had two rooms for the night and both were clean and so cozy! The beds are the best. Hated to get up. Had drinks in the bar and it was nice. Bathrooms are big, showers great, deep long tub and tons of counter space.

• Liked — The beds are the best
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!