“GREAT HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Libertyville, Illinois
“GREAT HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We had a wonderful experience at this Westin! The interior design of the lobby and rooms is unique and very comfortable. We used the gym and had the yummy buffet breakfast on Sunday which had exceptional omlettes. You will feel pampered but it isn't fussy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Hyannis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The property was lovely, our room was very comfortable.
The quality of the staff was what made our stay at The Westin in St. Louis most memorable.
From the greeting that we received upon arrival to the front desk, to food and beverage and to our departure, we were made to feel very special.
While all of the staff were pleasant and attentive, two were exceptional.
A special thank you from both of us to Ben Leonard and Gary Cason for making our stay that much more enjoyable.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Westin for a conference that coincided with several huge conferences and the U2 concert, which was held in Busch Stadium next door. Downtown St. Louis was fully booked and bursting at the seams. Despite that, the Westin's check in and check out literally took less than 1 minute. It is so nice to arrive at our hotel, hot, tired, and not have to stand around to check in.
Our room was lovely, functional, and utterly quiet. (Even during the U2 concert.) Couldn't have asked for anything more. When we booked our room, there was an option to add breakfast to the room charge for far less than you will pay if you eat in the hotel restaurant, or any other nearby option. I would suggest you check it out. The breakfast option entitles you to the Ultimate Breakfast, a hot/cold buffet, plus grill options. We were glad we took advantage of it.
The Westin, although across downtown from the convention center area, is only a 10 minute walk from it, and was something we did numerous times, even though the taxi fare is only $6-7.
Families with kids who might want to use a pool for them should look elsewhere, as they do not have one.
Joe Buck's, a hamburger, bbq joint, is 1 block away, and has surprisingly good food, with good service.
There does not seem to be a shuttle to the airport, which would have been nice, as the taxi fare to downtown is around $35.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

The Westin St. Louis is a phenomenal hotel. I am an area resident and after much searching chose the Westin for my wedding weekend stay.

Pros:

First off the check-in was quick and painless. I gave the receptionist my name and ID and had my keys in less than a minute. I couldn't believe it was so fast. I actually stood there waiting for something else to do for a few seconds, even after the receptionist told me I was done and could go to my room. Staff was very courteous throughout the stay.

The rooms are very spacious, with high ceilings. There is plenty of lighting in the room and the decor is very tastefully done. My wife was very pleased with my room selection. The bed and comforter were amazingly comfortable. This was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept it. The mattress was very soft, as were the sheets. The curtains are also capable of blocking out 99% of the sunlight during the daytime, helping us to sleep longer.

The bathrooms are AMAZING. Very spacious. I love the separate bath and shower. The shower tile is very well done. Showers have dual heads, which made for great showers. I turned one onto the massage setting and left the other normal. There was one robe in the room, though it wasn't as soft as I would have liked so I did not wear it.

Cons:

There were not too many cons of staying in the Westin. The only one being the high parking costs. Self-parking was $17 per night, I think. Valet is more. There are a few parking meters just out front, but not many - maybe 9 or 10 spaces.

Also the view from our room was not great. Even though the Cardinals stadium is nearby, my view was a parking garage. Not exciting, but not that big of a deal.

All-in-all, I enjoyed my stay at the Westin very much. Would stay there again for a special occasion.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011 via mobile

When you go out of town for a big event, U2 concert, things are on a schedule. The last thing you want is to be sitting at the bar in the clothes you traveled in while waiting for the room that you should be in already. I don't care that the hotel was full last night, nor do I care that people have been waiting for a room since ten this morning. Really I do not want anything besides here is your room sir. I was given the option of showering in the gym, what is my option for sleep, sprawled out on a luggage cart? I have stayed here before with no problems but I also wasn't on a schedule then. My advice is if you really, really want a room when they tell you it will be ready get ready for a nice gym shower and a heavenly luggage cart.

• Stayed July 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We have stayed many times in St. Louis for ballgames. This hotel blows the rest out of the water. My son and I stayed for a July 4th ballgame. Room was big, tall ceilings, and had a view of the ballpark. Bathroom was huge. Service was excellent. Breakfast buffet was well-stocked. The hotel has a nice gym with a dedicated weightlifting room. The staff was very well trained and outgoing. Kudos to management of this hotel, I would not stay anywhere else in St. Louis. Oh yeah, free internet service.

Room Tip: Double Queen with stadium view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

As a long term business traveler I tend to stay with a popular competitor so when my favorite hotel was fully booked I stayed here by default and was pleasantly surprised byt what I found. The business suites are well appointed and if you have to work in your room you have plenty of room to spread out. My room came with a nice living area. The bathroom had a huge walk-in shower and a spa tub. If you have the luxury of taking a break and the local team is in town the Cardinals stadium is right across the street. The hotel restaurant was great and my package deal came with the breakfast buffet which included lots of healthy choices. The restaurant staff really look out for you and the service was excellent. The fitness center is the best I have ever come across in my business travels with plenty of cardio equipment so you don't have to wait for the equipment. It's a bit out of the way from Downtown relative to other hotels, but its worth the extra walk to get there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!