“Could not have been a better stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
NYC
“Could not have been a better stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

Our stay at the Westin St Louis was absolutely excellent- our room was large and comfortable (soundproof walls, darkening curtains, plush decadent robes, huge showers, truly heavenly beds, spotless everything, full service gym to rival the NYC Equinox!), the building is modern without being cold, and the staff was beyond accomodating.

I came down with the flu while there for the weekend (!) and the staff went out of their way to make me comfortable- made me eggs that aren't even on the dinner menu (all I was interested in eating), cleaned the room as late as 4pm when I'd finally be able to get up for a bit. Wish every hotel was this fantastic.

• Liked — Super comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — location isn't ideal
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

I stay in Westins all the time, as a member of Starwood. This Westin is, by far, the most gorgeous of them all, and has an unbelievable staff.

I'm not sure what else I can say that's different than any other great reviews on this site, but here's an example of the perfect service that this hotel provides: When I arrived on a Sunday, I called Service Express to have some clothes pressed for business meetings on Monday and Tuesday. On Monday morning, when I called to inquire about the whereabouts of my clothes, they told me that laundry doesn't go out on Sunday, but would see what they could do. As my meetings were within a few hours of that phone call, I started to worry, and called back to ask that they send the clothes back up and I would iron them myself. When I called Service Express, the girl who answered the phone was ironing my clothes! I couldn't believe how generous she was.

THAT is wonderful service. It's very hard to come by these days. Don't stay anywhere else if you're coming to St. Louis!

• Liked — The beautiful, spacious rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

Favorite place to stay in St. Louis. We had two rooms for the night and both were clean and so cozy! The beds are the best. Hated to get up. Had drinks in the bar and it was nice. Bathrooms are big, showers great, deep long tub and tons of counter space.

• Liked — The beds are the best
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Overland Park, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

We stayed at the westin in St. Louis last weekend for a short getaway. We were able to book an incredible rate through the westin website, and we were more than pleased with our room when we arrived. The bathroom was MUCH larger than the standard bathroom in a hotel room, and we were lucky enough to get a corner room which was slightly larger than a normal room according to the gentleman at the front desk. We arrived late friday evening, and they were more than accomodating. We received the corner room with a great view at no additional charge.

When we wanted some ideas for dinner they promptly provided us with a multitude of ideas, and when we narrowed it down to one, they even printed directions off from mapquest on how to get there.

I would gladly stay at this hotel again, as a matter of fact, I will only stay at this hotel when traveling to St Louis.

Thanks to everyone at the westin for a great weekend!

Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

This hotel and their staff were awesome. We had a wonderful stay.The only draw back was no pool. The valet attendants were friendly and courteous. The dining staff was too. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet. $12.99 sounds pricey for breakfast until you see the quality of the food. Top of the line fruit. No cheap apples & bananas like most. Our personal thanks to Shell in the dining room. What a gal. We loved her!
From Arkansas

• Liked — The beautiful and spacious rooms. LOCATION!
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

As someone who regularly stays at a Westin, this one always does a great job. I stay here at least once a year when I drive up for a Blues game. The staff is always courteous and helpful, with a great concierge who can help with last minute dinner reservations (Thanks Mark). The rooms are always in order and clean.

• Liked — It's close to just about everything that's a
  • Stayed March 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

I picked the Westin as my hotel for a 4-night stay on Labor Day weekend. I was only able to book a 2-queen room online, so I wrote an email to the manager to try and get a king bed. He replied personnaly and arranged it for me. When we got there for our romantic getaway, they had it ready for us, and on a high floor just like I asked. The staff was very friendly, all of them! Even the parking attendant girl was super friendly.

The hotel is beautifully appointed and our room was really large: that bathroom itself was worth the price. Free Sartbucks coffe was a nice touch. The bed was comfy, but a bit hot. Maybe it was because of the feather bed underneath the sheet. Anyway, it was a better bed for "romance" than for sleeping, in our case. They charge $16 a day for WiFi Internet, a real racket. All luxury hotels should now understand that they should include free Internet in the rooms. I mean, even bargain hotels are starting to offer it for free. Get with the program, Starwoods.

The room service was delicous (if pricey) and the television and movie selection was good. Try the crab cakes or toasted raviolis! The TV was too old and set up too low, we kept having to push down the blankets to see the screen while watching in bed.

We went for a Cardinals game and the stadium is ridiculously close, it's a 3 minutes walk. The Arch is also very close and a must-see.

it was a wonderful stay!

• Liked — the bathroom
  • Disliked — the pricey Internet access
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Westin St. Louis? Share your experiences!