“Very Kind” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ignacio

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ignacio to your Saves list
Hotel Ignacio
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3411 Olive Street, Near Saint Louis University & Grand Center, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Grand Center / Midtown)   |
Ranked #8 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
Orange, California
“Very Kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We spent 1 night at the Hotel Ignacio, we walked the motorcycle museum and walked about 3 blocks for dinner to Small Batch. Though the area is not very lively, the heritage architecture makes for an inspiring stay. The Hotel is sophisticated and the team is very kind. We felt welcomed, taken care of and would definitely stay again. Thank you !!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

After making arrangements for a check in at 4 am, we arrived on time and were told that we had no reservation until the following day. Well we tried to talk to the check in representative (WHO WAS EXTREMELY RUDE) and he just kept putting us off. Telling us that the manager would be in later and getting an attitude with us. After asking him to contact her(we had NOWHERE to go), he refused saying that this was not important and we needed to leave.

After walking around in a supermarket for hours to pass the time, we headed back to the hotel. The hotel representative I made the reservation with contacted me by phone before we made it back to the hotel and apologized. She said she was informed of everything that happened and apologized profusely. Once We arrived she offered to comp us for one day.

My boyfriend was displeased because this was my birthday trip and the man at the check-in desk ruined it. My bf was soooo extremely pissed but managed to keep his composure. He told the hotel manager the dilemma. That must have really grind her gears. I don't know what she said to the rep but within the hour I had an apology from him a refrigerator fully equipped with goodies and our entire stay was comp'd including any meals we wanted form the hotel restaurant.

The rooms very artsy with a large walk-in shower and the hotel itself was very artsy. Great food at the restaurant. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!! He is the only reason I gave 4* instead of 5*

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is amazing and on the St. Louis University campus. It was also priced very reasonably. Unfortunately, I was visiting the Wash U campus but it was very convenient 10 mins away from there - and I would still recommend it for there too. I know very little about it - whether it was rehabbed or built to look like it was an old manufacturing building but it is wonderful! We had to check in late 9:30pm on a Monday night - I am sure we missed out because the lobby looks lovely and their is a bar attached to the lobby which we didn't sample but our room was super cool and had all the amenities I could want from a hotel with a hip twist.

The bathroom was lovely and appointed with Philosophy products that made us giddy (your girlfriends or wives will enjoy swiping them) and the bed was lovely - maybe Tempurpedic with lovely linens.

I will say the area is one where I'm not sure you would walk around a ton late night but I am not that familiar with St Louis neighborhoods. It is close to the historic Fox Theatre which is well known I'm told.

Staff couldn't be nicer or more accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed here one night and my only complaint is that they are already sold out for when I'm coming back in October! Any stay elsewhere after this will be a disappointment for sure.

My husband and I enjoyed a romantic evening while I had to be in St. Louis for a business trip. We booked a suite and were rewarded with a beautiful view of the University, a first rate room, the best bathroom I've ever had the pleasure of bathroom-ing in and the best eggs benedict that I didn't have to make. Don't even get me started on the breakfast potatoes!

The coffee in the lobby was strong and black, the whole feel of the place was modern and comfortable and the entire experience made me feel like I was back in Europe.

I spend a great deal of time in DC and Baltimore so can't say I noticed much about the neighborhood. I'm not a big wanderer on foot in cities I don't know so I can't comment on the area but the experience inside was worth it!

Stay there, enjoy -- just not on the weekend I want to go ;-)

Great job, Hotel I! You get my biggest gold star yet.

Room Tip: The suites have jacuzzi tubs that are air driven, not water circulators so don't hesitate if nor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel was beautiful, staff was friendly, rooms were fresh and clean. We chose it because it was near a concert we wanted to attend a few blocks away. We were advised by a server in the hotel restaurant to drive there because the neighborhood isn't safe. Indeed it didn't look safe. Don't plan on walking anywhere. Traffic was sparse, no chance for cabs unless you call them. Keep this in mind if you choose this hotel because you think you can walk our catch a cab.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I spent a night at the Hotel Ignacio to see the Pirates play the Cardinals. We were very impressed with this place. The hotel is located by the campus St. Louis University and about 2.5 miles west of downtown so it might be off the beaten path for some but I liked the location. It's basically between Forest Park and downtown so it's conveniently located for a lot of what the city has to offer. Their most hyped BBQ place (Pappy's which was excellent) is just a few blocks away too along with some other quality establishments.

The hotel itself was very nice and the rooms are pretty large, especially the washroom. Loved the bathroom, shower and bed. Everything was very modern, clean and well done and the service was helpful which was key since we were completely unfamiliar with the area.

We would definitely recommend the Hotel Ignacio if you were looking to stay in St. Louis but outside of the downtown area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I did a four day get away and initially were going to stay at the 'H' word hotel, however we decided to step outside of our comfort zone and do a boutique style. We are thankful we did. Rainfall shower, (awesome) comfortable bed, refrigerator in room, great decor, and great floor length mirror on the sliding door to the spacious bathroom. The only con was the carpet needed to be replaced. On-site cafe. The cafe was closed the 4th but as a consolation they offered each guest a $15 dollar credit. Friendly, knowledgeable concierge who will offer any assistance they can. Within walking distance of Pappy's smoke house, City Diner, and Sweetie Pie's. All seen on the Food network. In addition, the parking is convenient and is roughly $10 a night. Last but not least you are less than 3 miles from the arch, Busch Stadium, downtown St. Louis. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ignacio? Share your experiences!