“Really amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ignacio

You added Hotel Ignacio to your Saves list
Hotel Ignacio
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3411 Olive Street, Near Saint Louis University & Grand Center, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Grand Center / Midtown)   |
Ranked #12 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Calgary, Canada
“Really amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a really beautiful, small boutique hotel. Stunning bedrooms, Tempurpedic beds, crisp linen, large bathrooms.

What really made this so perfect were the front desk staff. So friendly and helpful. A big shout out to Jimmie for going above and beyond. Just outstanding.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
THANK YOU! I will share the comments with the staff. Thank you for the very complimentary review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Wonderful boutique hotel right on the edge of Saint Louis University and across street and up block from Pappy's -- best BBQ ever! Rooms are elegant; artwork is amazing throughout the hotel. Staff was very friendly. Bathroom amenities were Philosophy, which you don't usually find in hotels. If you drive a hybrid, parking is FREE! Tempur-Pedic mattresses with wonderful; bamboo sheets that were like silk. Very upscale without paying a huge upscale price. We will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The room was elegant, the restaurant was superb, & the service impeccable. This was my second stay here and I was just as impressed as the first time. Ashley at the front desk was as courteous and sweet as anyone could ever ask for. You cannot ask for a better place at ay price!!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for staying with us, MrVan83!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at Hotel St. Ignacio during our wedding weekend. We have had more than 80% of the rooms booked for our guests and the hotel and its staff were nothing but wonderful throughout the entire process. We worked with Rachel from the begining to reserve the hotel block and make changes to our reservations. She was absolutely amazing and made this part of the wedding planning process painless and easy. Upon checking in all of the hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and furnished in modern decor. The food at both the cafe and Triumph Grill was execellent. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The suites were great for getting ready the day of the wedding. They each have fireplaces and the sh...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a wonderfully idiosyncratic hotel on the edge of the Saint Louis University Campus, named after Ignatius of Loyola, a Basque soldier who found God after a cannonball amputated his leg.
He also founded the Jesuit order (the largest order of non-Catholics sworn to loyalty to the Pope, and the greatest intellectual contributors to the Catholic tradition)
It reminds me of a high end retreat house-a vow of poverty facility with wonderful original religious art (contemporary and may come from the SLU museum), brilliant use of an old brick structure, with great color sense and style, lots of stone.
Minor downside-brick, stone, and minimalist carpet makes it noisy when other gusts come in late and walk down the hallways.
I liked (among many other things) the TV disguised as a Baroque mirror
minor gripe-please have area maps at th front desk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Good day, Jim S. Thank you for your review. I have noted the gripe! I will investigate and see what kind of maps we have for the area.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here with my sister on a business trip. Nice hotel, modern, and beds are very comfortable. Parking for the hotel was very convinent. I would recommend any one who is traveling to Saint Louis to spend a night at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed there in September while visiting my son at St Louis University. It was hot outside, in the low 90's, even in the early evening. I got to my nice but warm room. I hate being hot and it was hot outside so I immediately tried to turn my room's thermostat down. The thermostat would not go down below 72 degrees. I usually like my rooms about 68 degrees.

I contacted the front desk. I was told that the thermostats could only be programmed down to 72 degrees - and not lower. But, not to worry, I was told, because they had plenty of box fans (as apparently this was a common complaint). They brought me a box fan which helped but it was noisy which made it hard to sleep. Their goal to save a few bucks - by keeping the rooms tepid - cost them this customer in the future.

On top of that problem, the rooms boasted that they were one of the few hotels in the country that ditched the conventional room phones for a computer pad instead. I tried to call the front desk on the computer pad but it would not work. The room literature said if you could not figure out how to use it then a conventional phone was on the table between the beds. The problem was that phone was missing out of my room. I had to call the front desk on my cell phone. They sent a guy up and he said my computer pad phone was broken because he couldn't get it to work either. He offered no explanation for the missing table phone .

I would not stay here again. The room was not cool enough for me when it was over 90 degrees outside. I don't like a "Big Brother" hotel telling me that I can't turn the Air Conditioning down below 72 degrees. If you don't mind propping a noisy box fan on the floor - and if you can sleep in a tepid room - then you can make do. But, next time, I will take my $200+ and stay some where where I can really cool down on a hot day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, Irishbogs. Our thermostats indeed do go to 68 degrees. Even at this temperature we have guests who want additional cooling in the rooms, but that is a very rare request. I do apologize that your stay was not as comfortable for you as it could have been and will check to see why your thermostat was not working correctly. If you would take a moment to email me the name that your reservation was under I will investigate the thermostat and missing phone. gm@hotelignaciostl.com. Very best, Stacey

Been to Hotel Ignacio? Share your experiences!