“Excellent hotel, excellent location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ignacio

You added Hotel Ignacio to your Saves list
Hotel Ignacio
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3411 Olive Street, Near Saint Louis University & Grand Center, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Grand Center / Midtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent hotel, excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Modern and very well appointed boutique hotel, the result of renovating an old building. Staff is extremely welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Felt that they were geniunely appreciative to have us as guests in the hotel. Location is excellent, right next to the SLU campus (daughter's graduation from SLU the reason my family was there). Very close to top entertainment attractions in St. Louis - Fox Theater, Powell Symphony Hall. Very short drive to the Central West End (nightlife and restaurants abound), the Hill (Italian area, some of the best Italian restaurants in the COUNTRY), Busch Stadium, Arch. Rooms are very well appointed with modern decor, very comfortable bed, nice/large bathroom/shower, amenities. Parking in the lot is cheap ($9); it is an open lot BUT SLU police force patrols multiple x per hour. When I came out to my car @ 6AM, an officer was sitting in his well-marked vehicle, watched me as I open my car! Highly recommend it, will definitely stay there again, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Olive St. Our room faced Lindell, and there was a bit of street noise. No comp...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We do genuinely appreciate you. Thanks for selecting the Ignacio. The beds are Tempur-Pedic Cloud mattresses and they are extremely comfortable. We get numerous compliments on them. Thank you for the review. We look forward to your next stay with us. Stacey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I just love the area around SLU, The Fox Theatre, and Powell Symphony Hall. It has easy access to downtown, Forest Park, and the great food and nightlife of Soulard. The Hotel Ignacio feels cool without being overwrought, trendy without the pretense. Rooms are comfy and clean with TempurPedic beds and spa-like tub and shower. Staff is fantastic. Reasonable in-and-out parking at $9. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My sister and I were attending a show at the Fox Theatre, and as the show would run late, we decided to stay overnight at the Hotel Ignacio. The staff at the hotel was extraordinarily courteous and friendly. Not being familiar with the area, they printed out locations within walking distance for dinner as well as directions to the theatre from the hotel. The room was well equipped, the bathroom luxurious with a rain shower and Philosophy bath products, and the Tempurpedic beds slept beautifully. The design of the hotel is very contemporary with extra touches to be found in the sculptures, paintings, and decor. Wi-fi service was free (provided by Saint Louis University) and easy to connect, the POS pad for room service, phone and such was easy to navigate. The TV was well positioned for easy viewing from both beds in the room (double queen suite). The only negative of our entire trip was the bad experience we had at the Triumph Grill (which is attached to the Hotel). I would definitely stay at the Hotel Ignacio again and would recommend it to everyone I know (just avoid the Triumph Grill).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Clevedon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

A very modern, clean hotel with amazing staff.Far superior to The Omni Majestic.
We travelled Route 66 and were booked in to Omni Majestic in St Louis for one night. Fortunately for us they had sold our room to someone else and "walked" us (an american term for booking us in elsewhere) to The Ignacio down the road. We were greeted by the friendliest most helpful staff. It was late, we weren't in the best of moods after our experience but they did everything possible to make us welcome. They even booked us a pizza from a local restaurant, brought iced water to our immaculate room.
Breakfast was also very good served in a Bistro style cafe. Would defininately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for business. We were a small group and the hotel was super attentive to our comfort and needs. I usually would not review a business stay since they are usually at chain hotels. However, I would easily come back to the Hotel Ignacio for a personal stay.

Super contemporary style throughout, art work, sculpture. The hotel itself is attached the the (free) Moto Museum, one man's collection of about 50 vintage bikes from all over. Food in the Triumph Grill was excellent, a colleague had risotto with crab and shrimp, I had turkey and brie with granny smith apples (this on the lunch menu).

In the room, the bed was so comforable. One of the best things was that the heating/air conditioning unit (yes, i needed heat one night, a/c the next!), was steady through the whole night! No shutting off and turning on! This is huge, usually I am awakened hourly by the heat or a/c unit. Room darkening shades made it easy to sleep and I think the windows must be double paned because I didn't hear a thing at night and my room faced the street.

Spacious bathroom with lots of shelf space, free standing hair dryer. Most relaxing rain shower. I personally prefer a bath tub and more water pressure, but I have no complaints about the rain shower. I didn't try the high tech phone or use the wi-fi so can't comment. No fridge or coffee maker, but you can get coffee anytime downstairs in the lobby or bar area. In room safe great if you bring a laptop and I used it for my Nook.

All of the staff I interacted with were super friendly and made sure our group was comfortable, as I was leaving I heard the woman from the front desk showing the same care for guests who were there for a wedding (what a great place that would be to have an intimate wedding/reception!

A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad that you were able to experience Triumph Grill and take a peek in The MotoMuseum. It's such a cool space and many of our guests miss the opportunity to tour it while they are with us. Thank you very much for the kind review. All the best, Stacey
Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I spent a couple nights at Hotel Ignacio for our honeymoon last week. We had a great experience! We stayed on the 5th (top) floor in an amazing suite including a jacuzzi tub, mini fridge, fireplace, coffeemaker and Tempur-Pedic bed! We didn't even try to test out the heated bathroom floor, but did enjoy the tiled shower with multiple showerheads! The view was really nice and we loved the natural light during the day, and enjoyed the automated privacy blinds at night. FYI There is no microwave and only one coffee mug provided - no regular cups. We did ask for cups and were offered the paper cups from the lobby. Not quite as classy for our champagne as we were hoping, but not a deal breaker. The Philosophy brand toiletries - soap, shampoo, etc - were a nice touch. No wireless internet available, but you can use the desktop computer downstairs near the lobby for free.

The hotel is adjacent to the St Louis University campus and is in a really nice area. We walked to several restaurants within a couple blocks of the hotel - Vito's, City Diner and the attached Triumph Grill. Although I'm sure there are plenty of things to check out near the hotel, our cold and rainy weather inclined us to drive to Union Station and the Gateway Arch, taking the MetroLink only once to get to the Zoo (which is free, by the way! Free parking, too, I think).

We checked out hotels closer to the Arch, but we had a really tough time finding one that included a jacuzzi tub and actually felt really special for the price. The suite we stayed in at Hotel Ignacio was $510 after taxes for both nights together. Definitely a high price for a brief trip, but it was our honeymoon and the expense was definitely worth it! We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here only one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable, funky and high tech. This hotel was in walking distance to the Powell Symphony Hall (very safe to do so). Saint Louis University is right across the street. If we are ever in Saint Louis again, there is no doubt where we will stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Ignacio? Share your experiences!