“Comfy, contemporary, cool...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ignacio

You added Hotel Ignacio to your Saves list
Hotel Ignacio
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3411 Olive Street, Near Saint Louis University & Grand Center, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Grand Center / Midtown)   |
Ranked #12 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
boston
“Comfy, contemporary, cool...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for business. We were a small group and the hotel was super attentive to our comfort and needs. I usually would not review a business stay since they are usually at chain hotels. However, I would easily come back to the Hotel Ignacio for a personal stay.

Super contemporary style throughout, art work, sculpture. The hotel itself is attached the the (free) Moto Museum, one man's collection of about 50 vintage bikes from all over. Food in the Triumph Grill was excellent, a colleague had risotto with crab and shrimp, I had turkey and brie with granny smith apples (this on the lunch menu).

In the room, the bed was so comforable. One of the best things was that the heating/air conditioning unit (yes, i needed heat one night, a/c the next!), was steady through the whole night! No shutting off and turning on! This is huge, usually I am awakened hourly by the heat or a/c unit. Room darkening shades made it easy to sleep and I think the windows must be double paned because I didn't hear a thing at night and my room faced the street.

Spacious bathroom with lots of shelf space, free standing hair dryer. Most relaxing rain shower. I personally prefer a bath tub and more water pressure, but I have no complaints about the rain shower. I didn't try the high tech phone or use the wi-fi so can't comment. No fridge or coffee maker, but you can get coffee anytime downstairs in the lobby or bar area. In room safe great if you bring a laptop and I used it for my Nook.

All of the staff I interacted with were super friendly and made sure our group was comfortable, as I was leaving I heard the woman from the front desk showing the same care for guests who were there for a wedding (what a great place that would be to have an intimate wedding/reception!

A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I am so glad that you were able to experience Triumph Grill and take a peek in The MotoMuseum. It's such a cool space and many of our guests miss the opportunity to tour it while they are with us. Thank you very much for the kind review. All the best, Stacey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I spent a couple nights at Hotel Ignacio for our honeymoon last week. We had a great experience! We stayed on the 5th (top) floor in an amazing suite including a jacuzzi tub, mini fridge, fireplace, coffeemaker and Tempur-Pedic bed! We didn't even try to test out the heated bathroom floor, but did enjoy the tiled shower with multiple showerheads! The view was really nice and we loved the natural light during the day, and enjoyed the automated privacy blinds at night. FYI There is no microwave and only one coffee mug provided - no regular cups. We did ask for cups and were offered the paper cups from the lobby. Not quite as classy for our champagne as we were hoping, but not a deal breaker. The Philosophy brand toiletries - soap, shampoo, etc - were a nice touch. No wireless internet available, but you can use the desktop computer downstairs near the lobby for free.

The hotel is adjacent to the St Louis University campus and is in a really nice area. We walked to several restaurants within a couple blocks of the hotel - Vito's, City Diner and the attached Triumph Grill. Although I'm sure there are plenty of things to check out near the hotel, our cold and rainy weather inclined us to drive to Union Station and the Gateway Arch, taking the MetroLink only once to get to the Zoo (which is free, by the way! Free parking, too, I think).

We checked out hotels closer to the Arch, but we had a really tough time finding one that included a jacuzzi tub and actually felt really special for the price. The suite we stayed in at Hotel Ignacio was $510 after taxes for both nights together. Definitely a high price for a brief trip, but it was our honeymoon and the expense was definitely worth it! We highly recommend this hotel!

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here only one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable, funky and high tech. This hotel was in walking distance to the Powell Symphony Hall (very safe to do so). Saint Louis University is right across the street. If we are ever in Saint Louis again, there is no doubt where we will stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Beverly Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Beautiful hotel and very funky in best way possible. Art work is everywhere. The lobby is separated from check in desk by a half wall. This makes it a much more enjoyable space to meet, relax. There is always coffee and spa water available. They also have bikes available if you'd like to ride to one of the many nearby attractions in Forest Park or downtown.

The rooms are great too. It took me a minute to figure out where the dresser and drawers were because it the decor is modern and super sleek. It's all there though, as is the flat screen tv disguised as a mirror. You get a lot of high tech bang for the buck here. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was superior in fixtures and supplies. Rain shower style showerhead was amazing. My one complaint is that as it is a re-purposing of an old industrial space, the building makes some weird noises and knocks that travel oddly. The most disconcerting was the distinct double knock on the door every time the air conditioner went on. I am not claiming anything supernatural. It's just one of the quirks of being in an older building that was not built to be a hotel.

It's one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. This could be because it's new, but the housekeeping staff is really on their toes and friendly too. Actually the entire staff is amazingly friendly and knows the area extremely well. A lot of them are Saint Louis University students who are earning degrees in hospitality services. They are very invested in you having a great experience at their hotel. The woman who works in the Cafe Pintxos (part of the lobby) was running around and could have used some help, but never lost her sincere smile and good mood. Very impressive.

You can't beat the location either. Right between downtown and the Forest Park area where all the museums are. Wonderful for business or tourists. SLU made a great investment here.

Room Tip: If Cafe Triumph is too busy for lunch, Cafe Pintxos serves the same menu and is a much more calm env...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I absolutely loved this new hotel. Very friendly staff. Easy parking. Quiet, beautiful, modern room. Big windows with double shades. Plenty of receptacles. Full mirror. Comfortable bed. Nice big shower. Safe in closet. Previous reviewer stated no dresser but there is a big desk with drawers. Coolest thing is tablet in room to surf web for area restaurants, local attractions, weather, etc. Coffee and flavored water in lobby. Small "store" next to check-in for snacks or anything you might have forgotten. Has small bar and lounge area. Nice restaurant, Triumph, where I've heard some professors, doctors, etc. hang out. Also motorcycle museum. Excellent value for money. Highly recommend for any St. Louis stay but especially if visit Grand Center area. Can't wait to return.

Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Great decor! Awesome staff! We were in town for a wedding and they accommodated getting us in the room early to get ready and have a great cafe/bar to relax and grab a bite to eat! Great lobby area to visit with friends as well. We will definitely be back!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Ignacio while in St. Louis to play in a bridge tournament. It cost about $50 less per night than a downtown hotel, yet was a short 10 minute drive to the conference center. The hotel was exactly as described. I simply cannot find a fault with this hotel.

Staff: Every single person I encountered was super friendly and helpful. Minor glitch one morning when my in room phone would not function but the lady at the front desk helpfully came up to my room and let me use her personal phone!

Room: The room was beautiful, a nice contrast between the exposed brick walls and the modern decor and furnishings. The mattress the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The bathroom amenities (soap etc.) were of high quality with gentle and appealing scents.

Refreshments. There is decent free coffee in the lobby all day long, and water infused with citrus and mint. It was wonderful.

Internet was super reliable.

There were lots of extras that I did not take advantage of, such as free kindle readers preloaded with magazines, books and newspapers and access to St. Louis University's fitness centre.

It was the first time I wished I could have spent more time in my hotel than was possible. If I'm ever in St. Louis I will most definitely return.

Room Tip: I had a corner unit, which I enjoyed a lot because it had windows on two walls. I love lots of lig...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Ignacio? Share your experiences!