“Unexpected gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ignacio

You added Hotel Ignacio to your Saves list
Hotel Ignacio
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3411 Olive Street, Near Saint Louis University & Grand Center, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Grand Center / Midtown)   |
Ranked #13 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Dallas, Texas
“Unexpected gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My son and I stayed here on a college visit to Saint Louis University just across the street. The former warehouse, renovated into a boutique hotel, was lovely from the modern decor, artwork to the enchanting bust of St. Ignatius Loyola in the lobby corner. The beds were very comfortable, bathrooms spacious and staff all welcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the campus, with a view up the street of the St. Francis Xavier Church which i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Ignacio this past Saturday night as part of a larger event at the Moto Museum which is connected to the hotel. The hotel is very clean and modern but not cold in any way. The beds are super comfortable, showers powerful and they have a single source Avaya solution for all your in room needs; whether its concierge, weather, local info, etc. I wish I had needed to order room service or had time to dig in to the technology becasue I think we are going to see more and more of this. I highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed here many times on my trips to St. Louis. It is a very nice small boutique hotel with a gracious staff and a unique property. The rooms are very nice, modern, and comfortable. The hotel offers coffee in the morning, a nice exercise room, and parking. There is a small cafe that serves a limited menu, and a wine bar. The hotel is right across from Saint Louis University, and close to the Fox Theater, and several wonderful restaurants. The Central West End is a mile away, as well as Downtown. The hotel caters to business travelers, SLU families, and is nice for a simple romantic getaway as well.

Room Tip: The suite is worth a try
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
springfield, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a winter weekend getaway. Check-in was very fast and thorough. The lobby decor is exquisite! As we made our way to our room, I was noticing how clean the hotel was. Our room was clean as a pin and exceptionally beautiful! Then there is the bed....oh my goodness could have spent half the next day in it...so comfortable! It was quiet and we had a great nights sleep. I woke up with a migraine the next morning and feeling pretty bad. My husband went downstairs to ask if we could check out an hour later than normal and they were very accommodating and told him that we could take our time. What a relief! Took me a while to get on my feet and we checked out at 12:45p.m. with normal checkout being at 11:00a.m. The staff was also very helpful with sight seeing, restaurants, etc... I just can't say enough good things about it! If you want to stay in a smaller boutique hotel with gorgeous decor, super clean and a heavenly bed then stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Ignacio the weekend of November 3, 2012. We were there to attend a concert at the Fabulous Fox Theatre. You could not ask for a better location. It is right on the campus of St. Louis University and in the Theatre District as well. We had a King room. The motif is very hip and modern. The front desk was fast and very helpful. There is a small bar/coffee shop in the front part of the hotel. The room was so clean and we loved the bed so comfy. The theatre was only a block away. There are several restuarants and bars near by. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here. The staff rocks! Our first room's hot water wasn't hot enough, and someone from the desk came up within five minutes and let us test the hot water in other rooms until we found one that was satisfactory. He was very pleasant and helpful throughout the whole ordeal.
Decor in the hotel and the rooms was very cool. The hotel managed to be very modern and hip, but very intimate and cozy at the same time. Room furnishings were excellent and the bed was very comfortable. Also, the fitness center, while sparse, had very nice equipment and was surprisingly spacious. The Kaldi's coffee and infused water in the lobby were pleasant surprises also. Although we didn't utilize the complimentary Kindle or bike checkout, it was very nice to have these options.
I was prepared to give a five star rating, but our breakfast experience ruined an otherwise exemplary stay. I went to the in-hotel cafe and ordered breakfast to go. After receiving very spotty service from the waiter, I took the food to our room and was shocked to find no jam or butter for the toast, no ketchup for the potatoes, and no brown sugar or dried fruit for the oatmeal (although promised in the item description). We were on a tight schedule, and given the slow service, I didn't return to the the cafe for these items and stomached the plain oatmeal.
Bottom line: An excellent hotel! Service, vibe, and quality are all top notch. This combined with its central location make it a top recommendation for anyone visiting St. Louis. My sole caveat is the hotel cafe; avoid it like the plague!

Room Tip: We had to move to a lower level room to get sufficient hot water
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerIgnaci, Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that we were able to help remedy the hot water situation. We have had our maintenance team make some changes in hopes to alleviate this in the future. We are currently working with our food and beverage provider on the service issue that you encountered at the cafe. Thank you for letting us know about your stay and your experience. Best, Stacey Howlett, General Manager - Hotel Ignacio
Brimfield, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Thanks to Hotel Ignacio for making my last night w/ my daughter fantastic! Gorgeous trendy and very clean Hotel. Amenities like the Philosophy bath products really made us feel pampered.
The hotel staff was very accommodating, not charging for a late check out and providing us with plenty of bath goodies before we left.
The property being just footsteps from SLU campus was certainly a major bonus.
Triumph Restaurant located in the hotel was a great meal to kick off our night. The lobby cafe was a very inexpensive place for a great quick breakfast. The hotel provides spa water, hot coffee and fresh fruit in the lobby free of charge for their guests as well as bicycles to Cruz around town.
We will certainly stay again.....looking forward to it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family