“Great Trendy Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime 1000 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #455 of 2,524 restaurants in Saint Louis
Transit: Metrolink stop at 8th and Pine or Convention Center
Warwick, New York
“Great Trendy Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Got recommended to this place by our hotel. We had 10 people and everyone ordered something different. Food was very good, service great, atmosphere even better! So for the whole package, I give it a 5 out of 5. Go here if you're tired of the old stuffy chain steakhouses.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Prime describes it to a T!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Top notch service, absolutely delicious food - we so enjoyed the chicken and the steak as well as the buttermilk biscuits, the gnocci, the grilled veggies and an excellent wine selection!

Visited January 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Nice atmosphere but very pricy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Meal was quite expensive even though we only had appetizers to cut cost. Nice atmosphere and food we ordered was really good as long as you come expecting a high price point.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not quite what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm always looking for the next great steakhouse. Prime 1000 boasts dry aging its own beef, for which I was immediately impressed with. I visited this restaurant on a Sunday evening, and was surprised to say the least when my guest and I were the only patrons there! This wasn't necessarily a negative for me, but an empty restaurant almost always is an ominous sign. Prime 1000 had a nice, Art Deco-type themed atmosphere that was aesthetically pleasing. Our server was friendly and seemed to have a good understanding of the menu. However, with the higher end prices charged, it was unsettling to see the service staff wearing jeans. It takes away from the upscale, swanky vibe that the restaurant is trying to portray.

If this review was based off steak alone, Prime 1000 would have hit it out of the park. I had a Black Angus Ribeye done with a red wine reduction sauce that was exquisite! It was cooked to my preferences and very flavorful. In fact, as someone who routinely dines at high end restaurants, I'm comfortable in saying that this is one of the better places in Saint Louis for steak.

Unfortunately, the my salad, sides, and bread were truly lacking. The house made salad dressing had too mild of a flavor for my taste and completely underwhelmed the salad. The macaroni and cheese was made in a very thin sauce, and again, too mild of a flavor. I could barely taste the cheese! This was so disappointing that I had that side dish sent back. However, to the restaurant's credit, they graciously offered to replace it with something else. I chose the loaded baked potato, which was better, but still nothing to write home about. The accompanying bread was made Hawaiian style. This was an interesting choice, as it goes away from the norm of what most people see in a steakhouse. Again though, it tasted bland and reminiscent of store bought King's Hawaiian rolls that had been microwaved. The dessert was comped, but I didn't bother to taste it. I was too disappointed in Prime 1000 as a whole. With a few tweaks though, this place may actually be worthy of its high price tag, but not quite yet.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
www.2soaringhearts.com
“Prime 1000 is a Prime Eatery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

There is nothing negative to say in this review. Our dining experience was exceptional from the moment we placed our reservation until we walked out the door sated and very happy. We had a little hiccup that had nothing to do with the restaurant. The concierge at our hotel screwed up by forgetting to make the reservation. We arrived with no warning and were greeted like old friends. The hostess did everything within her powers to give us a nice table. "How about this one looking out onto the street?" Well yeah! Our server Sanjay was very pleasant, very knowledgeable about the food and the wine list and he was an all around charming guy. Great fun. Sanjay guided us to a champagne that was more to our tastes for an opener. He helped us select a very lovely wine for our dinner that was moderately priced and in fact, was one of the lower priced bottles on the menu. His description of the shrimp ceviche appetizer special was so intriguing, we didn't need any more info to make our choice. My wife and I try to exercise some portion control so we shared a 10 oz. filet that was brilliantly prepared and the very finest, most tender, juiciest beef we've had in sometime. We ordered two sides to share as well. We had a truffled, creamed spinach and a sweet potato hash. Both were exceptional. Because we were celebrating our anniversary, the manager comped us on the champagne AND dessert! Sanjay described a chocolate cake made with beets. I know, it didn't excite us either. So, to be sure we were happy, he brought a gooey butter cake topped with vanilla ice cream just in case we didn't like the beet chocolate cake. I sampled both and have no complaints about either cake. I wasn't wild about the beet mousse that topped the chocolate cake but that is a very small complaint and strictly my personal taste. We were so well taken care of and so enjoyed the meal that I know we will most certainly return to Prime 1000. The prices are a little high, but this is fine dining and the portions are much more than large enough for sharing.

• Visited October 2012