“So much better than a motel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Louis
Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast
You added Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2712 S. Compton Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63118 (Tower Grove)   |
Ranked #5 of 27 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Ocala, Florida, United States
“So much better than a motel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Big-city style with small-town hospitality shall be found at this charming restored Victorian B&B in the historic district of sophisticated St.Louis. Magretta and Chuck made sure coffee was ready for an early riser like me, and very kindly allowed me to invite my St. Louis nephew and his wife to share the B&B house-specialty breakfast with me. Can't beat their Swiss crepes, plus sausage & eggs and fresh fruit. Magretta was even attentive to my food allergies. The host and hostess are assisted with spreading the love by their two four-legged friends throughout their lovingly authentically furnished home. My only caveat is that the stairs to the bedrooms can be a challenge for elderly legs and feet. Magretta warned me about the stairs, but I'm glad I took on the challenge anyway just to enjoy the sense of homey comfort and safety. I wish I could have stayed more than one night ;^)

Room Tip: I chose the tower room, and liked it's unique quality and modern bathroom accoutrements.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Altos, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We recently had an extended stay at the Forget Me Not B&B while we visited our daughter who lives in St. Louis. The location was great - centrally located near shops, parks and restaurants. Our room was very pleasant and the breakfasts were outstanding. Our hostess was challenged, as I stayed well over a week, to provide creative, different breakfasts - and she came through with flying colors! Plus, every breakfast had different, lovely china and silver.

Margretta and Chuck were thoughtful and kind and it was nice having the dogs welcome me/us when we came home - it made it feel like really coming home rather than returning to a sterile hotel. This was a great option for us and I'm sure we'll return when next we visit our daughter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Magretta Y, Owner at Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for the kind review. We enjoyed having you! We do hope to see you again soon.
Magretta
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

If I return to St. Louis, I will never stay anywhere else. The room was comfortable and felt just like home. I especially loved that they provided guest robes. How luxurious! The innkeepers were friendly and kind, and I especially loved the greeting we received at the door from the dogs. We were only in St. Louis for a single night, but the innkeepers had gone out of their way to provide information about restaurants and attractions that would be very useful to those who stay in the area for longer periods of time. Finally, I must say that the breakfast we were served was the best one we had on our month-long trip. So delicious! Forget-Me-Not is a great example of why bed and breakfasts are the way to go.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Collinsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The house is lovely, the bed was unbelievably comfortable, the tub was amazing, the breakfast will spoil you and the hosts (Both the two and the four legged) were just great.
We will be making this our annual Anniversary trip.

Room Tip: Compton hill Tower room. Double jacuzzi tub. 'nuff said.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Magretta Y, Owner at Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
We look forward to seeing you again, too!
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I recently spent three delightful nights at Forget-me-not b and b. It is located in a nicely restored old home near Tower Grove Park.

I stayed in the Bissell Tower room on the third floor. I enjoyed the location, but those who struggle with stairs may prefer to request a room on the second floor. My room was very spacious and had windows on two sides of the house for wonderful light and nice views of the neighborhood. The bed was very comfortable, and there was a pleasant sitting area with a rocker and a couple of comfy chairs. The bathroom was sparkling clean and considerately equipped.

And then there are the breakfasts. Wow. I have stayed in bed and breakfasts in the US and abroad, and these were the best breakfasts I have ever had. They were different each day, but always included fruit, juice and some type of eggs and bacon, ham or sausage. One day we had fruit and cream-stuffed Swedish pancakes. Another day the best scones I've ever tasted. On my last morning there were Finnish pancakes, which are totally different from the Swedish ones I mentioned earlier and absolutely delicious. But, then, again, everything was delicious.

Magretta and Chuck are wonderful conversationalists. Since I was traveling alone this trip, I really enjoyed their conversation at breakfast. They were very helpful with directions and suggestions but were never intrusive. They share the house with some friendly and well-behaved dogs.

Another nice feature of the b and b is the library/sitting room provided for guests. It has a nice selection of guidebooks and DVD's about St. Louis and the surrounding area. Also located in the library is a small fridge stocked with sodas and a basket of snacks, available to guests at any time.

This is a lovely place to stay. Thank you, Magretta and Chuck, for providing this service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

This was my first experience at a Bed and Breakfast and I was pleasantly surprised! Forget-Me-Not is a beautiful Victorian home that is tastefully decorated. My room was lovely, with a very comfortable bed and all kinds of nice modern touches like a TV in the room and one of those "faux' fireplaces that took away the chill! Another nice touch was the library that provided an interesting collection of books (many on St Louis) and videos. There were also snacks and soft drinks available all day. And breakfast was amazing! Finish pancakes, scones, asparagus stuffed omelettes...Magretta and Chuck (the innkeepers) were also quick to honor my "no beef or pork" preference.

There was another family also there at the same time, and I was worried when they checked in with a 3 week old baby. They were on the third floor and I was on the second, and I never heard a peep out of the other guests even though they said at breakfast that the baby has been fussy!

I hope to return soon!

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on the second floor; not as far to carry a suitcase!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed at this wonderful B & B and will never forget our stay! Chuck & Magretta have so many varied interests/talents plus a knack for making you feel like you've known them for a long time. Owning a house from the late 1800's myself, I appreciated how they have maintained so many original historical details. None of the woodwork has ever seen paint, the fireplaces & ceiling medallions are works of art, and the stained glass windows are something to behold. This is balanced by modern conveniences of instant hot water, jacuzzis, all the fixings for tea in the dining room when you want and the library was thoughtfully stocked with cold drinks and food to snack on. Honestly, the bed in which we slept was one of the most comfortable I'd been in and the sheets were exceptional in quality that could be felt. Then the piece de resistence was our breakfast served on china, which tasted every bit as delicious as it looked!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!