“Tucked Away Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 2,524 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a delicious little deli that has 77 reviews on Google Maps but I can't seem to find it here on trip advisor. Thought you might want to add it.
“Tucked Away Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've been here a few times and an always amazed. They have great food, drinks and live musuc during the days on Saturday. I think that they might have musuc other times but not sure. They are tucked away in a beautiful historic neighborhood of St. Louis

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Best sandwich place in St. Louis! Super friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've been a fan of this deli for years. Vince, the owner, has an amazing ability to remember names of his patrons, which always makes you feel at home. The sandwiches are superb. Big fan of the Veno and Chicken Shack Ranch, but you really can't go wrong with any of them. The sauces and combination of meats, veggies, and cheese really take these sandwiches far above Bread Co. or other delis. Excellent choice of chips from smaller chip-makers, and a ton of old-fashioned sodas.

The line can be quite long, even at 11am when they open, but it moves quickly so be patient! Well worth the wait! Seating is limited, especially if you can't sit outside. Easy to pickup and go though.

Wish they were open on Sundays and evenings!

• Visited October 2012
Saint Louis
“Nothing but Love for this Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I don't know how Vince did it, but I think Vince transported a piece of New Orleans to STL. Great place to grab an amazing sandwich, hang with the locals, and listen to some amazing music. Everything on the menu is amazing. I have never heard anyone complain and the locals love this place. The Benton Park is one of my favorites.

Visited November 2012
Springfield, Illinois
“always our first stop in STL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

No matter why we are coming into St. Louis we ALWAYS stop at Blues City Deli first. There is no better place to grab a sandwich. Everything on the menu is made to order and you MUST get the Sweet Red Peper Sauce. I could eat that all by itself.

If you're looking for a St. Louis eatery. This is where you need to go. It's snuggled in the Heart of Soulard with all of the quaint charms you would expect.

If I could rate this 6 or 7 stars...I would!

• Visited November 2012
E. St. Louie
“The best sandwich in St. Louis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have hesitated to review this excellent sandwich shop since it is already a very popular place, but I went there yesterday on my birthday and have to give Vinnie (the owner) and his staff a shout-out. This is the best sandwich in St. Louis, bar none and despite what people might vote for in some polls.
Every sandwich is great.
Yesterday, I had the daily special, The Tony Soprano, roast beef + ham + cheese on a great roll. My wife had Delta Bayou, roast pork with Delta Sauce.
We split a side of red beans and rice. Everything was great and reasonable.
By the way, the red beans and rice are better than any I have had in Louisiana, and I had them every Monday while down there.
Try to go on off peak hours (before 11:30 AM or after 1:00 PM) as it is a small place and pretty crowded at lunch time.
They are only open for luch except on Thursday when they stay open until 8:00 PM.
They have great bands on Sat. afternoon and Thursday night. But it's crowded.
You can sit outside in good weather and hear the band.
Try it, you'll like it!