“Much More Than A Simple Bed and Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Center Inn

You added Grand Center Inn to your Saves list
Grand Center Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   3716 Grandel Square, Saint Louis, MO 63108 (Grand Center / Midtown)   |
Ranked #7 of 27 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Much More Than A Simple Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

On recommendations of friends that has stayed at the Grand Center Inn on several occasions and mentioned that this is "much more than a simple bed and breakfast." This historical property is located in the heart of St. Louis' Grand Center.

During our visit, we to the city we decided to attend a concert at the Sheldon Concert Hall and spent four days visiting the mainstream of the Grand Center area. I will admit that this B&B is conveniently located as well as a real showplace. The owners are extremely professional and I can tell that they are well-growned for this type of business.

We could not have been recommended a better place nor location to stay. My husband and I stayed in The Repertory Suite and could not have asked for more. Each morning of our stay we were met with a wonderful and deligtful breakfast.

If you are looking for a lovely spot to stay in St. Louis that is located close to virtually everything includng the historical sites surrounding this location. This classy, beautiful historical home is highly recommended

Room Tip: We loved The Repertory Suite and will request, if available during our next vist. Without a doubt w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Grand Center Inn reminds me of a small European Hotel (but in the middle of Saint Louis). For my wife and I that was great. We booked "The Contempory Room", and to our surprise it was more the size of a "Junior Suite" or small Studio Apt. I have seen much smaller New York City apartments. The room had a full size couch and one of the largest flat screens I've ever seen in a Hotel. We also enjoyed the fact that the bathroom was spacious with a clawfoot tub that I could shower in and two pedestal sinks. I have to say that we really enjoyed living in that space for three days. The bed was comfortable and the neighborhood seems to be very quiet at night. I have to say being two blocks from a college campus that was surprising. Breakfast was great each morning (by-the-way, thanks for taking my wifes dietary restrictions into account). So, If we had to choose where to stay next time in Saint Louis, we will definately choose The Great Little Hotel "Grand Center Inn".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Southlake, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

As first time visitors and having never stayed at a B&B, and weekend visitors in St. Louis, we were total amazed upon arrival at the Grand Center Inn.

The building itself is a mansion buit in 1875 that underwent a four-year long meticulous restoration that has preserved the historic integrity of the structure.

Certainly, the owners, poured a whole lot of love into this place. This B&B interior is just fabulous to the top, with a beautiful collection of antiques. The Inn has seven remarkable rooms and since we arrived early for that weekend, my wife and I too a peak into all of them. This place is absolutely gorgeous. It has just the right level of restraint in decor, 13' tall ceiling with 11' pockets doors, exposed brick walls... I could go on.

The owners were super-gracious and accommodating, especially considering my wife's dietary restrictions. We enjoyed the other guests and had wonderful breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

This was an extremely convenient location for us as it is located in the heart of Grand Center, the arts and entertainment district and within walking distance of the Fox Theater, Sheldon Concert Hall and the best of restaurants. We had a great stay as this B&B and without a doubt will return again.

If you are ever in the St. Luis area, you must check this place out!

Room Tip: We Stayed in the beautiful Fox Suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Grand Center Inn is by far a treat for anyone staying at this georgeous historical property. The owners have done a wonderful job in restoration of this beautiful property.

We chose to stay in the Repertory Suite that is unbelievable decorated in taste. The services are top notch and the morning breakfasts were perfect.

This B&B was highly recommended by a friend attending graduate school in the St. Louis area. This was perfect place for us to stay and is within close proximity of St. Francis Xavier College as well as Sheldon Concert Wall.

We stayed for five days and hated to leave. My husband and I enjoyed every minute and during our future visits to St. Louis, we will continously stay at this well preserved home.

Room Tip: Such a beautifu historical home: My husband and I chose The Repertory Suite
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is our second stay at the Grand Center Inn and it really does live up to its name. This lovely historic home is located near the Midtown District. The rooms are decorated with taste.

Our visits have both been extremely quiet, comfortable and enjoyable. We highly recommend this B&B and will definitely stay during our next visit to the city.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My journey to Saint Louis comes as a Solo traveler. This was my first trip to Saint Louis and the first stay at Grand Center Inn. Both were very pleasant. The only thing I can say is that the Inn lives up to its name...It is "Grand" in every way. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone traveling to Saint Louis and looking for a peaceful getaway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bellaire, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My Dad and I stayed at the Grand Center Inn during July, 2012 for seven days during a transition to the area. We stayed in The Repertory Suite and the accomodatins were exemplary. This is my second time staying at the Grand Center Inn, but since I am making a permanent move to this area, my father wanted an opportunity to visit this gorgeous and well-maintained property as well as tour the city.

I cannot say enough about the owners of this historical home, they were there to meet all of our needs and made us feel extremely comfortable and right at home.

Since, we are not orginally from the St. Louis area, we were given a tour of the city and shown various locations of properties to live in the area.

I am writing to say, thank you for a wonderful stay and continued professional shown during our visit.

Certainly, I will continue to recommend to family and friends traveling to the area. Since I will be a resident of the area, I will see you soon. Without a doubt, I have gained new friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Grand Center Inn? Share your experiences!