This was our first stay in St Louis for pleasure and I'd probably look for a room here again. Each of the rooms is named for an author and you receive a bookmark with the author's name on it upon check-in. The European styling gave it an interesting appearance both outside and in. We were within 15 minutes of downtown (The Arch) and Grant's Farm.
The biggest plus was its proximity to Forest Park (larger than Central Park in New York). Trails for bikers and runners (we used bikes from the hotel to bike around the park), plus a museum (free on Friday nights), a zoo (free admission), golf course, theatre, and probably more.
We were also within walking distance to a great old-fashioned movie theater and very short drives to restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire embodies the charm and authenticity of a traditional British inn with all the modern conveniences of today. Guest rooms range from our Deluxe class to our Royal class with turndown services and upgraded amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The Cheshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheshire Hotel Saint Louis
- Cheshire Hotel Saint Louis
- Cheshire Lodge St Louis
- Cheshire Inn St Louis
- Cheshire Saint Louis