“Great Place and Location....but” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Park Plaza

Save Saved
You added Chase Park Plaza to your Saves list
Chase Park Plaza
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   212 - 232 N. Kings Highway Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63108   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #35 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
Springfield, Missouri
“Great Place and Location....but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed at The Chase Park Plaza because we were attending a wedding there. I've had dinner there before but never stayed there and was really looking forward to a 5-star experience. Too bad it was only 4! The front desk check-in was very friendly and efficient, the room was lovely and all the staff very friendly. But - seriously, with free wi-fi available almost everywhere, I really resent being charged an additional $7.95 per day just to use internet. That's why I went to St. Louis Bread for breakfast - free wi-fi! We did have a coffee pot in our room but when we wanted to meet others in the lobby the last morning, we had to buy coffee - nothing complimentary about this place. And after our room was cleaned, we had no shampoo, conditioner, etc - it was all thrown out or taken. I called and immediately had replacements but someone didn't do a thorough job of checking the room when they cleaned.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of Chase Park Plaza. We’re glad you were so satisfied with your guest room, and how friendly and efficient you felt our staff were. We regret if you were troubled in any way by our fee for internet. Your comments are important to us, and we will share them with our management team for future consideration. We hope to welcome you back again soon to our landmark hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

They just lost my best suit. I left it in the dry cleaning bag with a tag on my door handle last night. There was a tray on the floor next door.
In the morning, the tray had been cleaned up, but my suit was still on my door.
I stopped at my room at 10am and saw a cleaning lady next door. My suit was still on my door handle. I asked her if she was going to take it to dry cleaning and she said yes. I never saw it again.

Now the hotel is very sorry but the suit is gone. It never made it to dry cleaning.

I had to buy a suit at a last minute notice to have something to wear tomorrow. I was also told that I should have taken it to the registration desk myself, but the tag with instructions does not mention it

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It is truly disappointing to learn that your experience with us was not a positive one. While we are not able to fully address your situation in this forum, we do encourage you to reach out to our hotel directly regarding this so that we can assist you. Thank you.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

When you first walk in, the place is nice looking. It was clean and the movie theater lines were full. I am guessing that there is also a club since I heard music thumping as we walked by it. Thank goodness we didn't hear any of that noise from our room. On the way to the room we noticed the hallways were in desperate need of cleaning. The carpet had stains and needed repaired in a few places. The room we had was huge! It was more like an apartment. We first walked into a foyer that lead to the livingroom. One way lead to our bedroom and bathroom and the other way lead to a fully stocked kitchen. The kitchen had everything. But all the dishes was needing to be cleaned. We made coffee but noticed the sugar packet container had mouse poop in it. As I was taking a shower I noticed the paint was peeling off right above me. This place had so much potential! The size of my room was the best room I have ever and appeared clean, but upon closer examination it was in need of a deep cleaning!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
While we’re glad you enjoyed your spacious accommodations and appreciated the many amenities we offer, we are disappointed that our housekeeping services were not impressive. Please accept our sincere apologies for the details you highlighted about your guest room and hallway. Rest assured your comments have already been shared with our housekeeping staff, who are at work on the areas you described. Thank you for your review.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

First, the Chase Park Plaza is a lovely old hotel right at Forest Park and the Central West End. The location cannot be beaten. The Park and the CWE are walkable distances (like across the street and behind the hotel, respectively). I had a great room (really a suite), plenty of space, with a full refrigerator and microwave. Larry in Bell Service was a great guy, the front desk staff was pleasant, and I enjoyed the reasonably-priced Spa. However, like other recent reviewers, I found the housekeeping staff lacking. My bed was sloppily made, the trash was not emptied during my stay, and I had no indication that a vacuum had entered the room at all. I had plenty of towels and toiletries, but when I needed to use the sofa bed, there were no linens in the room anywhere. I had to call twice to get linens for the sofa bed. Not acceptable. I agree that the hotel needs better-trained housekeeping staff. It also needs more waitstaff at its outdoor restaurant/pool area. Those waiters were clueless and slow. My service was pretty average, but I saw others getting much worse service. The Chase could easily get 5 stars from me if housekeeping and waitstaff are improved. I give it four stars because of its prime location and the good staff that I encountered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the park for the pretty view. You will encounter street noise, so if y...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Your review of our hotel is appreciated. Though it’s deeply disappointing to learn that your stay was not typical of our high level of customer service, we’re grateful that you reached out and shared your thoughts. Feedback such as yours gives us the opportunity to improve. Please rest assured your review will be shared with everyone here and especially our housekeeping associates. We’re grateful for your positive experience with many of our associates and that you enjoyed our convenient location. We would glad to welcome you back.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here about 10 years ago and were very impressed with the services & room. This trip, not so much. The room was not as clean as expected, cramped - we had a suite too - the view was non-existent and the service was friendly, but very slow. We were given 1 washcloth for 4 people to use. It took over an hour to get another washcloth and sheets for the sofa bed. The location is central if you're visiting city attractions but pricey for what you're getting.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your review. It is extremely disappointing that your accommodations were not completely satisfying, and that our housekeeping services did not impress you. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. All of our associates are committed to exceptional guest service, but it appears we missed the mark during your stay. We hope to welcome you back for an experience you deserve.
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at Chase plaza on July 4th weekend with my daughter. The male managers there are the best human beings I have seen in my entire life. It seemed like they could feel what exhausted single mother felt on Friday afternoon. They upgraded my room to the beautiful furnished luxury apartment which gave me the freedom to relax in the bed room while my daughter watches her own TV in the living room. The pool, the movie theater, the bar …everything is just perfect. I and my daughter walked to the beautiful fountain and nice restaurants in the evening. I could even use the gift shop for my night out clutch need. I will definitely recommended this place !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
The greatest compliment we could receive is that our valued guest has enjoyed their stay so well that they recommend our hotel to others. We’re elated to read how much you enjoyed our beautiful hotel, our staff, and all of our unique services and amenities. It is always an honor to provide the kind of experience you highlight here, and we will share your kind comments with all of our staff. Thank you for your glowing review of The Chase Park Plaza.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at The Chase Park Plaza on Independence Day weekend for the Cardinals series. Jason at the front desk was AMAZING and Monica in the club lounge gave us the best service ever. I will definitely stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed July 2014
Positive feedback such as yours encourages us to continue providing the exceptional service we feel our guests deserve. We sincerely thank you for your glowing remarks regarding your holiday stay at The Chase Park Plaza. Everyone here will be gratified to hear your comments, and we will be sure to share with the associates you mentioned by name how much their service was appreciated. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Been to Chase Park Plaza? Share your experiences!