“Needs to fix a few issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Park Plaza

You added Chase Park Plaza to your Saves list
Chase Park Plaza
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   212 - 232 N. Kings Highway Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63108   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Needs to fix a few issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

When you first walk in, the place is nice looking. It was clean and the movie theater lines were full. I am guessing that there is also a club since I heard music thumping as we walked by it. Thank goodness we didn't hear any of that noise from our room. On the way to the room we noticed the hallways were in desperate need of cleaning. The carpet had stains and needed repaired in a few places. The room we had was huge! It was more like an apartment. We first walked into a foyer that lead to the livingroom. One way lead to our bedroom and bathroom and the other way lead to a fully stocked kitchen. The kitchen had everything. But all the dishes was needing to be cleaned. We made coffee but noticed the sugar packet container had mouse poop in it. As I was taking a shower I noticed the paint was peeling off right above me. This place had so much potential! The size of my room was the best room I have ever and appeared clean, but upon closer examination it was in need of a deep cleaning!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
While we’re glad you enjoyed your spacious accommodations and appreciated the many amenities we offer, we are disappointed that our housekeeping services were not impressive. Please accept our sincere apologies for the details you highlighted about your guest room and hallway. Rest assured your comments have already been shared with our housekeeping staff, who are at work on the areas you described. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

First, the Chase Park Plaza is a lovely old hotel right at Forest Park and the Central West End. The location cannot be beaten. The Park and the CWE are walkable distances (like across the street and behind the hotel, respectively). I had a great room (really a suite), plenty of space, with a full refrigerator and microwave. Larry in Bell Service was a great guy, the front desk staff was pleasant, and I enjoyed the reasonably-priced Spa. However, like other recent reviewers, I found the housekeeping staff lacking. My bed was sloppily made, the trash was not emptied during my stay, and I had no indication that a vacuum had entered the room at all. I had plenty of towels and toiletries, but when I needed to use the sofa bed, there were no linens in the room anywhere. I had to call twice to get linens for the sofa bed. Not acceptable. I agree that the hotel needs better-trained housekeeping staff. It also needs more waitstaff at its outdoor restaurant/pool area. Those waiters were clueless and slow. My service was pretty average, but I saw others getting much worse service. The Chase could easily get 5 stars from me if housekeeping and waitstaff are improved. I give it four stars because of its prime location and the good staff that I encountered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the park for the pretty view. You will encounter street noise, so if y...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Your review of our hotel is appreciated. Though it’s deeply disappointing to learn that your stay was not typical of our high level of customer service, we’re grateful that you reached out and shared your thoughts. Feedback such as yours gives us the opportunity to improve. Please rest assured your review will be shared with everyone here and especially our housekeeping associates. We’re grateful for your positive experience with many of our associates and that you enjoyed our convenient location. We would glad to welcome you back.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here about 10 years ago and were very impressed with the services & room. This trip, not so much. The room was not as clean as expected, cramped - we had a suite too - the view was non-existent and the service was friendly, but very slow. We were given 1 washcloth for 4 people to use. It took over an hour to get another washcloth and sheets for the sofa bed. The location is central if you're visiting city attractions but pricey for what you're getting.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your review. It is extremely disappointing that your accommodations were not completely satisfying, and that our housekeeping services did not impress you. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. All of our associates are committed to exceptional guest service, but it appears we missed the mark during your stay. We hope to welcome you back for an experience you deserve.
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at Chase plaza on July 4th weekend with my daughter. The male managers there are the best human beings I have seen in my entire life. It seemed like they could feel what exhausted single mother felt on Friday afternoon. They upgraded my room to the beautiful furnished luxury apartment which gave me the freedom to relax in the bed room while my daughter watches her own TV in the living room. The pool, the movie theater, the bar …everything is just perfect. I and my daughter walked to the beautiful fountain and nice restaurants in the evening. I could even use the gift shop for my night out clutch need. I will definitely recommended this place !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
The greatest compliment we could receive is that our valued guest has enjoyed their stay so well that they recommend our hotel to others. We’re elated to read how much you enjoyed our beautiful hotel, our staff, and all of our unique services and amenities. It is always an honor to provide the kind of experience you highlight here, and we will share your kind comments with all of our staff. Thank you for your glowing review of The Chase Park Plaza.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at The Chase Park Plaza on Independence Day weekend for the Cardinals series. Jason at the front desk was AMAZING and Monica in the club lounge gave us the best service ever. I will definitely stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed July 2014
Positive feedback such as yours encourages us to continue providing the exceptional service we feel our guests deserve. We sincerely thank you for your glowing remarks regarding your holiday stay at The Chase Park Plaza. Everyone here will be gratified to hear your comments, and we will be sure to share with the associates you mentioned by name how much their service was appreciated. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Spent the holiday weekend in the historical Chase Park Plaza hotel and I left today feeling let down. For the price of our stay I am extremely disappointed. My expectations were not met and I checked out today knowing I will never be back. First the highlights "Kyle" at the front desk very service oriented as well as the response by a gentleman in housekeeping to bring us extra towels and toiletries on Friday night. I really wanted to write an amazing review hearing many good things about this hotel, it just wasn't a good experience for me. The check in after 4:00pm on a Friday started our unpleasant experience. My reservation which I made in January of two queen beds could not be honored and upgrading to a one bed room suite room immediately available made the experience even worse. Why? Pull out couch very old and in need of replacement, Dirty floors thinking the vacuum was not run on the carpet for a long period of time visible dust on top of carpet, dirty furniture with visible dust, light bulbs in need of replacement, battery remotes were not working and visible hair on the clean towels in our bathroom. I did happen to order a movie for our son which would not run and there was very good response by the maintenance department, the movie was credited due to not running well- also another highlight one of a few. Interesting when I spoke to my parents their TV remote was also not working- seems like this would be a basic room check. I called for turn down service on Friday without a response called a second time and the housekeeper who responded was put out that I didn't inform the operator I needed a pull out couch turned down as well as our bed. Last night I called for turn down service prior to attending an event and when I returned to my room at 10:00pm housekeeping never came to my room. Again extremely disappointing and aggravating after a very long day. I will not be returning to the Chase Park Plaza hotel in the near future.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid review. We are truly troubled by the details you provided, and assure you that this is not the standard we have set for our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced. Your comments have been shared with everyone here especially in housekeeping. It is clear we missed the chance to make your stay truly memorable and for that we are sorry. We hope you will reconsider a future visit so that we may give you the experience you deserve.
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I give it 4 stars with hesitation. The property is great. Excellent location, beautiful, historical building, nice pool area. BUT, there are serious housekeeping issues and they are understaffed. When we checked in, we immediately needed to switch rooms. We requested non-smoking (the whole hotel is supposed to be non-smoking) but it was clear that someone had smoked in the room. The only way to get the smoke smell out properly is an ozone treatment. The smoke was in the draperies and wallpaper. They switched up quickly, and the new room smelled smoke free. We did notice that there was a child's sock on the lower shelf of our side table. That speaks to the housekeeping issue. Also, there was supposed to be a robe, but it was missing. I called the front desk and they assured me that I would not be charged. No big deal. I wasn't planning on using the robe anyway. Our room appeared to be clean (other than the sock, and a rust stain on part of the sheet). Our bathroom did not have any soap, and there was no bedding for the sofa bed. I had mentioned that we needed, and would be using the sofa bed, so you'd think that bedding would be supplied. Again, not a huge deal, but required more phone calls that took forever to be answered due to staffing issues.

Our friends who were staying in another room had a much different experience. Their room was FILTHY. Visible dust that you could write your name in, hair, visible dirt/grime. No shower curtain. They had to spend a good portion of their weekend getting the room cleaned and having discussions with the management. When the maid finally arrived, she just handed the shower curtain to our friend and expected her to put it up.

Food in the casual dining restaurant was not great, and overpriced. My son's hamburger bun was burnt - totally black. Hamburger completely overcooked and rubbery. The next day, we saw others eating hamburgers with burned buns as well. Service was slow because they were understaffed. Most of the staff was friendly though.There is a nice grocery store with a great deli next to the hotel. I'd recommend going there for snacks. There are also a number of nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

There was a gift shop that was never open (this was on 4th of July weekend with a packed hotel).

They have a movie theater inside the hotel that seemed nice. The movie schedule showed a good variety of films. They even had showings of children's movies. I only went to the theater snack bar to get some popcorn.

I think they need new management and a big overhall of housekeeping before it can be great. They also need to add staff. With a little work and attention to detail, it would be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: inspect your room before settling in. One bedroom suite is a nice size.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Your detailed comments regarding your recent stay are appreciated. While we’re glad you enjoyed a number of aspects of your stay, it is truly disappointing you were not satisfied in every way. Please accept our sincere apologies for the housekeeping issues you outlined. This is not our standard, and your comments have been shared with all of our associates so that we may review our hotel’s commitment to top-notch customer service. We hope you will consider a future stay where we may give you the experience you deserve.

Been to Chase Park Plaza? Share your experiences!