“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lemp Mansion Restaurant & Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Louis
Lemp Mansion Restaurant & Inn
You added Lemp Mansion Restaurant & Inn to your Saves list
3322 DeMenil Place, Saint Louis, MO 63118 (Benton Park)   |
Ranked #13 of 27 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Our overnight stay at the Lemp Mansion was just wonderful! The service is attentive and also pretty quick during dinner. The room I stayed in was the Elsa Lemp Suite in the attic. The view of downtown in spectacular and the bed was the softest I've ever slept on!

• Stayed December 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
St. Charles, Mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

This was our first time at the Lemp Mansion. I would highly recommend it if you haven't been. It was a bit pricey, about $50 for the dinner/show. The entertainment was good, the hosts/actors are funny and keep the audience involved. The food was pretty good. The menu that night was soup and salad which were both very good and a beef spedini and chicken combo that was just ok. Cheesecake for dessert which was also good. You also got a glass of wine and soft drinks included and a cash bar was also available. Make sure you realize that the tip and tax is included in the price...They dont go out of their way to tell you that. I think it was worth the money, especially since it's not something you are going to do all the time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have heard good things about the Lemp Mansion Resturant, so my wife and kids decided to check it out. What a mistake! Hands down this was the worst dining experience I've ever had. The food was cold, the service was poor, they did not honor the entertainment book coupon, and they made a mistake on the bill twice. $78.00 for cold food.... Save your money and go somewhere else.

They say this place is haunted....that goes for the food as well.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bloomfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

My friend and I attended the murder mystery dinner. The show was a blast, and we had a great time. The soup was delicious, unlike the rest of the meal. The salad tasted like it had a mayo dressing on it, and the main course was some kind of beef and chicken that was pretty well tasteless. The dessert was like eating a bowl of whipcream. The waiters were nice and friendly. Our room was the Lewis Lemp suite. It was so hot in there!! We had a window unit, but I don't think it was working properly. We couldn't hardly get any stations on the tv except sports channels and infomercials. The bed was suppose to be a queen size bed, but it was really small. I ended up with a backache and neckache. We paid $205.00 for this room. Our "continental breakfast" consisted of 2 packaged muffins, a bag of chocolate chip cookies, bag of chips, Nutrigrain bar, granola bar, and two warm bottles of V-8 juice and water. We were locked in the home without staff all night long, and told that if we needed to come and go, to use the back door. We were given keys and told that we would be charged $50.00 if we lost them. The staff was still gone when we left the next morning. We left the keys where anyone left in the house could take them if they wanted to, because there was nowhere to leave them.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Olathe, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

If you are lactose intollerent then this isn't the place for you. The food has cheese as well as the show. Below average food quality and poor service. The actors are good, but be prepared to participate ! You never know who they will call on!

• Stayed July 2010
Linn Creek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I had reserved the Elsa Room for my mother and I for her birthday (May 1st) and Mothers Day. We have been EXTREMELY busy with our lives for some time and needed a break. I had reserved this and the dinner theater as a surprise for her and when we showed up she was.
When we arrived there was a wedding going on and it was very chaotic for the first 10 min. trying to get through all the guest for the wedding but we finally found someone who checked us in and even had someone take our luggage taken up to our room for us. Very nice.
My mother and I have had MANY experiences with ghosts and the supernatural all our lives and was excited to stay there and we were staying in the "most haunted room" to boot. We have just recently started hunting ghosts together since I moved closer to her. She can see and hear them and I can feel and see what was and sometimes see them.
The dinner theater was wonderful and we had a Great time. The only thing was is that it lasted too long...about 3-31/2 hours and it was packed so it kept getting hotter and by the end of it we could hardly breath. If they would of opened a couple of windows or had a couple of fans to circulate the air it would of been better. Even the actors had sweat dripping off them BUT I wouldn't of traded the experience for the world. :)
Once everyone left, we went back to our room (Elsa, 10:30) and started to wind down and get comfortable. Since I couldn't smoke in the room, I had to go down 3 levels and 2 flights of stairs and then make my way to the back part of the building to stand on the small landing at the top of the winding stairs in order to smoke.
Every time I left the room I would take my camera with me and snap some pictures on every level hoping that I would capture something and when my mother and I was in the room we would try and start "something" with the ghost. Unfortunately, we didn't find ANY ghost at Lemp Mansion. We both "feel" that there "may" be something there BUT it may residual so unless you show up at the right time you probably won't catch anything . There was NOTHING in the Elsa room and really the whole place seems to be a "dead cell" I'm very sorry to say.
Other than that, we had a GREAT time! The place was beautiful and the staff was awesome. It was kinda of disheartening to see that all see the place falling apart, but I'm sure that they are "putting it back together" again. and it would of nice to have a place to hang our clothes in the Elsa room when we got there.
We WILL be going back when we get a chance because it IS a very interesting place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Me and some old High School buddies met up in St. Louis to go to the legendary Lemp Mansion and we stayed the night room was really cool and food was actually pretty good I must say even though it is pretty pricey. I have read many reviews on this location and the service comments. I thought the service was really good to be honest with you. Yes they do leave you at 11pm but lets be honest a lot of hotels do not have anyone at a front desk or anything late at night. All the people that stayed in the house were really fun and we explored the house together with k2 sensors and cameras and other ghost hunting stuff. If you have a really good group of people staying the night also you will have a great time. Also be open and talkative to the people that work there they do not see that many people each day remember that. Also it is a tourist spot service will not always be the best since they know people will come anyways for the legend. You will not be dissapointed I promise on that. Happy hunting.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Lemp Mansion Restaurant & Inn? Share your experiences!