“World Class Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lemp Mansion Restaurant & Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Louis
Lemp Mansion Restaurant & Inn
3322 DeMenil Place, Saint Louis, MO 63118 (Benton Park)   |
Ranked #14 of 27 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
“World Class Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

Stayed here with my wife and another couple. The Manison is every thing it lived up to. The rooms are huge with a sitting room and a bed room some rooms have privite baths some do not, so make sure if that sort of thing is a priority. At night every body in the house leaves there rooms are explores. Looking for ghosts or just the historic nature of the mansion. They have a resturant in house, we chose to eat else where but it is open untill 11:00 PM with a bar that is also open untill 11:00 P.M. after it closes every body that works there goes home. you are left with a key and are instructed to go threw the back door. If you need to enter or leave. The 9:00 AM breakfst was great. I will stay here agian.

• Liked — The Ghost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Some rooms you must share a bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2007

My wife has been watching these "haunting" shows on cable and has gotten hooked on them. One day she was watching (I was listening while on the computer) a show and they were rating haunted houses in the USA and they said, "Let's start with what many believe is the most haunted in the US . . . the Lemp Mansion in St. Louis, MO." We both sat up and said, "What?" You see, we live in the St. louis area and had never heard of it! In our defense, we have only lived here 6 years . . . Well, I found the web sight, called the hotel and made a reservation for the following Saturday night. I also made dinner reservations. We did some research on the Lemp mansion and family before we went. We even got a small book at the library. They were brewers and at one time just about the richest family in St. Louis.

We showed up and immediately fell in love with the place. Our room, The Lavendar Suite, was amazing. It is actually three rooms including a dining room and a HUGE bathroom (the bathroom is as big as some hotel rooms) with it's own fireplace! The shower is interesting because it shoots water from the sides and above your head. All the comforts of home including a TV if you get bored.

Dinner was very tasty and upscale. With two cocktail it was about $60.00 or so. While sitting eating dinner my silver chain I wear around my neck (I never take it off) suddenly came off and fell down my shirt. My wife was convinced it was a ghost, but I am a non-believer. It's never happened before or since I will admit.

Once the restaraunt closed we were alone in the house with just a few other couples in the other rooms. No one else stays with you. They even give you a key to the front door in case you want to leave and come back! We had a great night exploring the many levels and rooms. It was spooky as heck but a whole bunch of fun. While sleeping, we would wake up and be very hot - fall asleep and wake up in 15 minutes to be freezing. It wasn't the air conditioning. It was, again, very spooky.

Breakfast was good and we had a great time with the other couples who had stayed the same night we did. Lots of good ghost stories. After breakfast we all went to eachothers rooms to see what they looked like. A very nice group of people!

We are planning to go back in the spring and spend 2 nights this time. We highly recommend the Lemp Mansion!

• Liked — The room was one-of-a-kind
  • Disliked — Leaving it
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

We stayed in the Lavender Suite. Three very large rooms. The Breakfast room was as big as any dining room. We felt in heaven. The morning after when we woke up around 8:00am we looked out the window and no one was left in the parking lot except us. We looked around at all the rooms downstairs I came to the bottom of the staircase and my husband was at the top yelling for me. When I got there you could smell this lavender scent quickly come and quickly gone. Then my husband walked to the door for our room he smelled it again. When we opened the door to our room we could smell cigarett smoke very plainly. The windows had been closed and we dont smoke. My husband said lets get out of here. Scary but very fun! Thanks Lavender Lady for making the trip memorable. We plan to try it again soon.

• Stayed May 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2004

Our experience at the Mansion was memorable. The staff that greeted us was pleasant. We stayed in the Lavender Suite and the room was beautiful and clean. The noise of the highway was offset due to the ambience of the mansion. We definitely recommend the Lemp Mansion.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2004

Great time! Loved the history, Mystery Theater, and dinner. Bed and breakfast was very comfortable. We stayed in the Lavender Room. Fun to be "locked in" at night with expectations of ghostly visitors. (none came!) Sunday dinner was excellent. Have returned again, and plan many more visits.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2003

This b&b is RIGHT ON THE HIGHWAY. The noise was horrible and the interior was wasn't much better.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2002

I went to the Lemp Mansion for their murder mystery theatre. I had such a great time. The actors were a lot of fun and the audience participation was a blast. The food was really good too. We also had an unnoficial tour by one of the other guests. The mansion is a beautifully creepy home, unfortunatley, at least I think so, we did not experience any unusual events, such as ghost sightings, or strange noises. I definitley recommend this to anyone who has never been, both living in St.Louis, and visiting the area.

Been to Lemp Mansion Restaurant & Inn? Share your experiences!