“Fantastic Pre-Symphony Dinner!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fountain on Locust

Fountain on Locust
3037 Locust ST, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Grand Center / Midtown)
314.535.7800
Neighborhood: Grand Center / Midtown
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Fantastic Pre-Symphony Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We found this place through the St. Louis Symphony website and decided to give it a shot. SOOOO glad we did. Sorry Thai Kitchen, you just got bumped from my Favorite St. Louis area restaurant spot. The food was excellent and creative. I had the porchetta & apple chutney sandwich with a cup of sweet potato ginger bisque. Well made, flavorful, and under $10! For dessert I couldn't resist one of their ice cream sundaes and was not let down. The Nutty Irishman was very good, but my date's Almond Joy was phenomenal. Great decor, too. Service was just ok, but they were quite busy on a Saturday night. The only down side was the noise level. It was loud enough that we had to shout acros the table. Turn the music down a bit and it would be perfect. Overall, I was very impressed and will be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
marlastl, Guest Relations Manager at Fountain on Locust, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thanks so much for coming in before the symphony and taking the time time to post about your visit! If it's too loud the next time you come in, be sure to mention to the staff if its too loud and we'll see what we can do :)

memphis
“We would drive hours to eat at The Fountain on Locust!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We LOVE this restaurant!! We've now brought our whole family to eat here over this past year. No one has ever been disappointed in their food or drinks or especially dessert! It's hard to pick favorites because everything is SO GOOD. There is a Signature salad sandwich that is to die for, and the ice cream martini's are awesome. All the desserts are delicious. Can't say enough about the menu and the way the restaurant is run. Why can't all restaurants be run this way? The servers are friendly and very helpful. They will patiently explain any menu item for you.
This is definitely worth a visit---we went the first time because we had a groupon for it, but you won't care if you don't have one.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
marlastl, Guest Relations Manager at Fountain on Locust, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Wow! Thanks so much for the glowing review and for taking the time to post about us and drive your family up from Memphis! We hope to have you back again soon. :)
Monticello, Illinois
“Ice cream martini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Ice cream martinis...delicious and unique. Lots of other non-alcoholic ice cream choices on the menu, as well as food. I would definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
marlastl, Guest Relations Manager at Fountain on Locust, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thanks for coming in to try our ice cream martinis! So glad you enjoyed them and took the time to post about your visit. Come back and see us soon :)
Linn, Missouri
“An enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Tried this local restaurant out today after a trip to the zoo. Having heard a bunch about this place I've had it on my list to try. While I'm glad we checked it out and our food was good I wouldn't make a special trip there. When we arrived there were no open tables, which was fine. However, there really was no convenient place to wait without feeling like you were staring at other diners. Kids couldn't sit at the bar (which is a city rule) which made it harder to contain them and keep them out of other diners way.
Sandwiches and soups were good. My husband was pleased with his pickle soup. The best part of the meal was the coconut almond joy sundae. Kids enjoyed their chocolate ice cream sodas.
All in all this was a fun experience and I would recommend for others to check it out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks so much for waiting to get a table with us after your trip to the zoo and taking time to post about your visit. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Like I travelled to the 20's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

So glad I found this hidden gem of a restaurant. It is located in midtown on an unassuming street just off the main streets/hwy. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in and it was a warm friendly atmoshphere with painted ceilings and antique booths. It was like I was in the some speakeasy in the 1920s. The pulled pork and chutney was really tasty with a deep flavor, the service great and the prices affordable. What more could you want for lunch?

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks so much for finding us and posting about your recent visit. We hope you come back the next time you're in the area.