“Too much noise to be taken seriously.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book Direct and Save 10%
Ranked #8 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Brooklyn, New York
“Too much noise to be taken seriously.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The noise levels in the hotel are simply unacceptable. Loud guests making noise until all hours of the night. In addition, there was a dog barking in room 609...day and night, and would typically START barking at 7 am on the weekend. It was impossible to get a good night of sleep here.

It's a shame really...great area of town, well-designed. Just no control by the management/staff regarding basic hotel requirements.

Room Tip: Request a room AWAY from the elevator...too much noise. ALL. NIGHT. LONG.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
It is unfortunate to hear that your experience with us did not go as expected. We did have a bit of a rambunctious crowd the weekend of your stay. Couple that with the consistent barking of the dog located near your room we can understand why sleeping proved to be difficult for you. Because of these issues, they ultimately led to a disappointing stay. We do apologize for these occurrences. It was definitely an unfortunate series of events that prevented you from being able to enjoy your time with us.

I do hope that if you are ever in the St. Louis area that you would consider staying with us again. If you would contact me personally, I would certainly put forth my best effort to ensure that you did not run into those same difficulties. I would also make sure that you are accommodated appropriately for the inconveniences of your previous stay.

We appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback. We are gracious for your business and definitely look forward to the opportunity to make for a better experience.

803 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Canton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel is unique and I love all the Apollo 11 memorabilia near the hotel lobby. Beautifully decorated spa-looking hotel lobby (but, alas, no pool or spa!) with pleasantly scented candles burning at all times during the day and night. I loved the lighted stairway! Beds are very comfortable and the bathroom (while a bit small) is beautifully and tastefully decorated with a frosted glass shower door. H2O bath products were a nice luxury touch. Also, loved the closed heavy double doors that you must pass through after exiting the elevator. On them is posted a sign that reminds guests that on the other side of the double doors other people are in their rooms and sleeping. I definitely believe this gentle reminder was key to the low level of noise we experienced in our room all three nights. While this is obviously a hotel for the hip-adult crowd, I felt my 10yr and 14 yr old well behaved kids were very welcome. The workout facility was very clean and tidy. Machines were in order and they had a good assortment of weights. You can park for free in the lot behind the hotel and we did this for the 3 nights we were there. Parking in the lot can be very limited though in the evening hours, esp. if there is a concert next door. If you park your car when you check in and make sure you are back before the "nightlife" starts and walk or use public transportation and you will do well. Pi Pizzeria across the street is excellent, fabulous pizzas and delicious salads in a fun, open well lit atmosphere. The fro-yo place down the street was fun and we met some interesting people in this progressive neighborhood.

Room Tip: We had a room that faced that parking lot and was farther away from the partying crowd on the roof...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
That was a very nice and detailed review that you gave of our hotel. and I must say that you being so positive is very much appreciated. Our lobby can be one of our main attractions and the stairwell definitely gets its fair share of attention. We are pleased to know that your children were able to feel comfortable and accepted in our hotel. We try to maintain a positive atmosphere that is pleasant for people of all ages. As far as parking is concerned, it can be a bit of a struggle during concert nights and on the weekend. I am glad to hear that you did not have too much of a problem with that. And typically speaking our Valet will always accommodate our guest that find difficulty in parking. Pi Pizza definitely garners much attention and if you happen to catch Froyo on a spring or summer night you may not even be able to get a share because of their popularity!

We appreciate you taking the time to offer valuable feedback and hopefully we see you again!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We spent a week at the Moonrise and very much enjoyed it. Room was comfortable and quiet, and the outer space theme was a lot of fun. Service was very friendly and the location was great for walking to interesting restaurants and shops. I'd definitely stay there again if I went to St. Louis.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Well, it sounds like everything worked out really well for you during your stay! We appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback. Its awesome to know that you were able to take advantage of our location and we are pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and very accommodating! Thanks you for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we see you again in the future.

Carbondale, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Went out of my $300 suite at 2am to get some ice to find 2 security guards outside my door listening into my room. I asked them why they were out there, was I too loud. They said they had not had any complaints. Then why are you standing outside my door but not knocking? Total invasion of privacy. They were listening through my door.

I had 5 friends having drinks in a 3 room suite. We could not talk above a whisper. Security followed us all night. Rude, accusatory, looking for trouble.

This place is great if you like ikea furniture and paying $300 to have your privacy invaded by a bunch of over aggressive wannabe cops. Oh, and paper thin walls apparently.

• Stayed March 2013
We do apologize that it may have seemed as if we were targeting you during your stay with us. We had received complaints from a room that was across the hall from you and wanted to make sure that no more disturbances would occur. Its unfortunate that one negative occurrence can effect the others nearby and cause for suspicion levels to increase. We do realize that at increased levels of volume, other parties nearby can be heard from the rooms of other guests, which is why we emphasize that people keep their volume to a minimum as much as possible. We do apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience this may have posed for you.

We do appreciate you still offering feedback and no matter good or bad it is important to us.

If you do find yourself maybe wanting to give us another chance, we would appreciate that and would hopefully be able to provide a better experience. Please contact me directly if you'd like and I will do my best to help with that.

Wood River, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We come here every year for my boyfriends birthday present. This year will be the 3rd year. Usually we book through sniqueaway.com, but this year I went ahead and book through the hotel. The beds are very comfortable, the bathroom is very nice, I like the sliding frosted glass doors! The rain shower head is wonderful and the shower is quite large. We enjoyed some time at the eclipse bar. The male bartender (I can't remember his name, he has tattoos, and had been there for both of our stays), was very, very friendly, and even willing to put up with my indecisiveness, suggested drinks (very good suggestions!), and they had a nice selection of beer and liquor. We have actually discussed just going to the bar and not even staying in a room. I love the smell of the hotel, this seems silly, but it is unique, and everytime I smell something similar, a smile comes to my face thinking of the Moonrise. I highly recommend it to everyone I know if they want a quick weekend getaway across the river :). That being said, I wish they had better parking, but in the city, I understand.. It would be nice if the valet didn't charge $30 a night though considering the options! I wish they provided more than 2 pods of coffee, and maybe some creamer in the rooms? Not everyone likes black coffee! The past two years, I have filled out the "my desires" information, and nothing has been done. Just the traditional $10 bucks for a candy bar (exaggeration) mini bar type stuff. So I don't really know if that is a program that they do anymore or what... I don't let it get to me too much and just go with the flow. And the heater/AC has been very loud in the rooms, but I guess that can be expected. Overall, I love this hotel, and it is in our plans for future birthdays too! Maybe next year we'll stay after his birthday to try out the rooftop bar!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
With you being such a loyal guest of ours, I am upset to know that you aren't better accommodated considering that you are a part of our Desires program. Whenever you decide to stay with us again, please ask for me personally, so that I can make sure that you are cared for properly. We do appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback, and even despite some of our shortcomings you still had positive things to say. Thank you for your kindness and we certainly look forward to you staying with us again, whether you are celebrating your boyfriends birthday or any other special occassion.

Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. We stayed here on a Saturday night. It was clean and well kept. The staff was great The location may not be the best, but it is a developing area. I would gladly stay here again. We went down the street and ate at Basso, which is also excellent.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and providing positive feedback. There is definitely growth in our neighborhood and it will only continue to improve in time. Hopefully, you got a chance to see some of the Delmar Loop and take advantage of the restaurants and/or shops located in the area. Thanks so much for you taking the time to give us such postive regard. We hope to see you again!

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I was on a business trip to St. Louis. I planned on staying one evening but due to heavy snow the airport cancelled all flights and I needed to stay two nights. Anyway, I was glad that I was able to find this place. I found it initially on Hotwire and got the first night at a reduced rate however, the second night was at regular price and I didn't mind paying that one bit.

The hotel was clean, the valet staff polite, the front desk pleasant and the maintenance staff kept the place smelling and looking wonderfully. The room was clean with fresh towels and comfortable bedding along with a newer television and refrigerator. I was very surprised and pleased with this hotel and I plan on staying there each time I come to St. Louis from now on.

There is no swimming pool or spa but that is okay as this being a business trip I was happy not to have a hotel full of children running around. The workout facility was nice and clean and had working equipment (for once) as too many hotels have old and broken equipment. I definitely recommend you stay here for business, couples or solo.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
When traveling, delays and cancellations can be pretty frustrating so its good to know that we were able to keep you comfortable and help keep your stress levels low during the inclement weather. Hopefully you didn't have to deal with any more flight delays or cancellations once your stay with us was over. Perhaps the next time you stay with us you will be able to experience better weather and then you will be able to check out our rooftop terrace and new moon room, which was under construction during your visit. We would like to thank you for the kind words about our staff and hotel. Your feedback is very important and you taking the time is greatly appreciated.

Agent of Desires

Been to Moonrise Hotel? Share your experiences!