“Great hotel, best beds ever, but beware of getting woken up at 7:00 a.m. due to construction” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moonrise Hotel

You added Moonrise Hotel to your Saves list
Moonrise Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   6177 Delmar Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63112   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My in-laws live in St. Louis and St. Charles, so until this past Tuesday, I had never stayed at the Moonrise. I had fancied a drink at the bar in the past, and had always wanted to stay overnight since. Well, on Tuesday, February 5th, I was in town for work and was staying overnight, so I booked my stay at the Moonrise. I was impressed from the moment I walked in to check in. The fruity smell once the doors open was refreshing, and the front desk staff, I mean Moonrise Commander, Leon, was so friendly and pleasant to work with upon checking in.

As I left the front desk, I loved seeing that a water and treat bowl with rocketship and star shaped dog treats were there for the furry guests. I grabbed two treats for my furry friends back home as I was heading to the elevators. My room was on the 4th floor, room 420, just off the elevator corridors. The room was cute as can be. The bed was the most comfortable bed that I have probably ever slept in. I was looking forward to a great night in and a great nights sleep.

I ordered in room service, and ordered the grilled cheese and the root vegetable chips. I heard some loud banging around outside of my door in the elevator area and then I heard a knock on my door, and saw it was room service with their food cart. I commented to him that I could hear him coming. So I started to nosh on my food as soon as he left. The sandwich was pretty good, but the boursin should have been spread out on the sandwich, rather than dolloped on the sandwich. A huge glob fell out of the sandwich and onto my clothing. Oh well! The fries were not good at all. I think they were the most oily and limp fries that I have ever had, and they were not remotely warm. I pretty much left those alone and ate my root veggie chips. Those were pretty oily as well. What I orderded did not settle well, but I was there to enjoy a comfortable stay.

After watching some late nigh t.v. for a little while, I tried to get a good nights rest. This was hard for me to come by, as every time someone ordered room service on our floor, I was awoken by the loud clanging food cart coming off the elevator. So loud, I almost asked to see if I could get a different room away from the elevators. But I was so tired, that I just wanted to try to sleep. I finally got to sleep some, but was awoken around 7:00 a.m. by this horrible sound that would not stop. I figured out that this was on the floor above me and that there must be some type of construction. I called the front desk to see what in the heck was going on, and she could hear the noise on the speaker phone, and she said that there was construction and they could not do anything about it since the construction crew is union and have certain hours they work. She offered complimentary breakfast, but all I wanted was sleep. I took my shower, which I am glad that I do not have long hair right now as it would have taken forever to wash my hair with the low pressure that was coming out of the rain shower head,it took long enough to get my pixie cut hair wet, let alone get the shampoo out of it. I quickly packed up, as I was ready to get away from the drilling noise above me. I went downstairs to check out, and she apologized again for the construction, and then I advised her of the noise from the room service food cart. She said next time to ask for a corner room since I would further away from the elevator. I was again offered free breakfast, but I told her I was so tired, that I just wanted to get back on the highway and wanted to get away from the hotel and that all I needed at that moment was sleep and coffee for the road. She pointed me to the Keurig around the corner and said to help myself. Well, there was decaf, pecan flavored coffee and tea. She offered to check in the back for regular, but I passed as I just wanted to leave. I thought there may be an offer of a discounted stay, or some other type of comp for another time, but there was not.

I hope to come back again sometime for a stay with my spouse, but i will be ensuring there is no construction going on when we come. if there is construction, the moonrise will not be my choice of hotel for the hotel. And, I will be asking for a room away from the elevators.

Room Tip: rooms of the elevator are so noisy due to room service cart and possible Pageant patrons.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
It sounds like you really enjoyed your room and stay with us, however, the construction that we are experiencing right now did cause an inconvenience to you and for that we do apologize. The construction is due to the fact that we are expanding our rooftop terrace so we do not have to close it during the fall and winter season. We appreciate you being patient with us and still being considerate of staying with us again in the future. May 1st 2013 is when our new terrace will open thus being the end of our construction. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and hopefully we do see you again in the future.

Agent of Desires

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great staff, very comfortable rooms with luxurious amenities such as spa toiletries, and a waterfall shower head. The room had a small refrigerator, and a coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee to brew. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. We chose this hotel due to it's location, and the reviews, and I'm happy to say it exceeded my expectations. We had a late night dinner upon arrival, since the Eclipse restaurant is open until 3am! Room service was very good, and all of the staff I encountered were polite and helpful. I would love to stay at the Moonrise Hotel the next time I'm in St. Louis.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, and had room 714. It was at the end of the hall-facing the back parking l...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
It sounds like you were able to take full advantage of the amenities that we offer, including the late night dining! We are always very pleased to here when we exceed the expectations that people have when they stay with us. We take our service standards very seriously but also try to offer an environment that is comfortable as well. We appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback and we certainly hope to see you in future!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here for 4days/3nights. The rooms are spartan and feel too much like dorm rooms. Exposed masonry walls, vinyl flooring, lack of decorating warmth, independent hvac unit, etc. made the room feel less luxury than I had hoped. That said, the rest of my stay was quite nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room service was good and very quick. It happened to be very cold outside and it snowed, so the valet warmed my rental car and cleaned it off. Nice job!
Fun location and well located for Wash U, Clayton, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
For the most part, it seemed that your stay was enjoyable. Unfortunately, your dislike of the room may have put a bit of a damper on your stay. Perhaps if you give us another chance we can get you in one of our Cosmic Jacuzzi rooms or one of our Suites. Maybe then the rooms will meet your standards a bit more. If you are interested, feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me directly. We do appreciate your feedback, and hopefully see you again.

Bandera, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I cannot fully describe how accomodating, helpful, friendly, attentive and courteous the staff was during our 10 day stay. we were with a relative who had physical constraints due to recent back surgery and the staff went to great lengths to make sure we had what we needed, when we needed it.They found us a wheelchair, modified height of bed, and even baked us a birthday cake! Great bar, and the best hamburger and fries in St. Louis. We hope to stay at the Moonrise again in the future!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
There are times when people challenge our efforts and services because the situation that they are dealing with requires us to be on top of our game. When this occurs we do not shy away or back down. We want anybody and everybody that stays with us to feel like they are important and we want them to know they are respected as an individual. Knowing that your relative was recovering from back surgery and that our efforts were able to accommodate their needs, is a huge win for us. And when you stay somewhere for 10 days and they are not family its tough to find a place that can make you feel comfortable. We are pleased to know that we could provide that comfort while you were with us. We enjoyed your time with us and we hope that the next time you are in St. Louis you do choose us again. I hope your relative's recovery goes well and goes fast.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Every single staff member at this hotel was friendly, helpful, and focused on customer service. Bravo! What a change from so many chain places. Thus, a very nice hotel became a great experience. Restaurant was good, bar very nice, fitness center good and rooms excellent. I will come back gladly!

• Stayed January 2013
That was a nice and concise review! What made it even better that it was a positive review of our establishment and we appreciate that very much. We do make great efforts to provide excellent customer service, maintaining professionalism and balancing casual and friendly interactions as well. We do appreciate you choosing to stay with us as well as providing positive feedback.

Carbondale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Moonrise is considered a boutique motel, but we find it relaxing and fun. The street is full of great art, food and history..there is always plenty to do, but it is hard to pull yourself away from the clean, quiet and smartly decorated Moonrise. The staff is friendly and attentive. The rooms are spotless, beautiful and comfortable, and we find ourselves just hanging out.
We only live a couple of hours from St. Louis, but we try to take a weekend every year to visit the Moonrise. We ordered room service for the meal, which was delicious and not over priced. The menu was varied, we chose Steak and frites, and the Scallops with risotto. Both arrived hot and delicious. We also like to go across the street to PI Pizza. Saturday night at PI is quite busy, but well worth the wait.
When we arrived this past weekend, The street was full of people enjoying the warmer than normal temperatures at an ice sculpting festival and a pub crawl. Everyone was smiling and having fun, we heard that there was a skateboard competition on the roof. We heard music for awhile, but we nothing considered to be disturbing. The rooms are quiet. The beds are extremely comfortable.
Thank you Moonrise for another great weekend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
You were staying with us during the Loop Ice Carnival that we have every year in the Delmar Loop! That usually is a busy time for us and the area, but filled with great events and is much fun! Its awesome that you got to experience that! We do appreciate you all staying with us as often as you do. Also, its good to know that the experience wasn't to noisy or over crowd your experience with us. We hope you continue to choose us during your getaways to St. Louis.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Litchfield, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We enjoyed a stay in one of their suites. It was really a fun place, great lounge, dining area and had a friendly staff. A little pricey though. I am told you get get special rates at certain times . St Louis is a fabulous city to visit anyhow.

Room Tip: Try to go there because it is really unusual but see if you can get a good deal as it was a bit high...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Its definitely great to know that you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed our boutique space theme. If you ever decide to stay with us again, please give us a call beforehand so we can let you know of any special promotions going on. Also if you visit our website and join our Desires Program that would grant you access to even more discounts and promotions as they become available. You would be notified via email. We certainly want you to be able to take advantage of more reasonable opportunities as they arise!

Thank you for your time and consideration

Agent of Desires

Been to Moonrise Hotel? Share your experiences!