“Great staff and heavenly beds” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   6177 Delmar Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63112   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great staff and heavenly beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great staff, very comfortable rooms with luxurious amenities such as spa toiletries, and a waterfall shower head. The room had a small refrigerator, and a coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee to brew. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. We chose this hotel due to it's location, and the reviews, and I'm happy to say it exceeded my expectations. We had a late night dinner upon arrival, since the Eclipse restaurant is open until 3am! Room service was very good, and all of the staff I encountered were polite and helpful. I would love to stay at the Moonrise Hotel the next time I'm in St. Louis.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, and had room 714. It was at the end of the hall-facing the back parking l...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
It sounds like you were able to take full advantage of the amenities that we offer, including the late night dining! We are always very pleased to here when we exceed the expectations that people have when they stay with us. We take our service standards very seriously but also try to offer an environment that is comfortable as well. We appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback and we certainly hope to see you in future!

Agent of Desires

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here for 4days/3nights. The rooms are spartan and feel too much like dorm rooms. Exposed masonry walls, vinyl flooring, lack of decorating warmth, independent hvac unit, etc. made the room feel less luxury than I had hoped. That said, the rest of my stay was quite nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room service was good and very quick. It happened to be very cold outside and it snowed, so the valet warmed my rental car and cleaned it off. Nice job!
Fun location and well located for Wash U, Clayton, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
For the most part, it seemed that your stay was enjoyable. Unfortunately, your dislike of the room may have put a bit of a damper on your stay. Perhaps if you give us another chance we can get you in one of our Cosmic Jacuzzi rooms or one of our Suites. Maybe then the rooms will meet your standards a bit more. If you are interested, feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me directly. We do appreciate your feedback, and hopefully see you again.

Bandera, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I cannot fully describe how accomodating, helpful, friendly, attentive and courteous the staff was during our 10 day stay. we were with a relative who had physical constraints due to recent back surgery and the staff went to great lengths to make sure we had what we needed, when we needed it.They found us a wheelchair, modified height of bed, and even baked us a birthday cake! Great bar, and the best hamburger and fries in St. Louis. We hope to stay at the Moonrise again in the future!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
There are times when people challenge our efforts and services because the situation that they are dealing with requires us to be on top of our game. When this occurs we do not shy away or back down. We want anybody and everybody that stays with us to feel like they are important and we want them to know they are respected as an individual. Knowing that your relative was recovering from back surgery and that our efforts were able to accommodate their needs, is a huge win for us. And when you stay somewhere for 10 days and they are not family its tough to find a place that can make you feel comfortable. We are pleased to know that we could provide that comfort while you were with us. We enjoyed your time with us and we hope that the next time you are in St. Louis you do choose us again. I hope your relative's recovery goes well and goes fast.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Every single staff member at this hotel was friendly, helpful, and focused on customer service. Bravo! What a change from so many chain places. Thus, a very nice hotel became a great experience. Restaurant was good, bar very nice, fitness center good and rooms excellent. I will come back gladly!

• Stayed January 2013
That was a nice and concise review! What made it even better that it was a positive review of our establishment and we appreciate that very much. We do make great efforts to provide excellent customer service, maintaining professionalism and balancing casual and friendly interactions as well. We do appreciate you choosing to stay with us as well as providing positive feedback.

Carbondale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Moonrise is considered a boutique motel, but we find it relaxing and fun. The street is full of great art, food and history..there is always plenty to do, but it is hard to pull yourself away from the clean, quiet and smartly decorated Moonrise. The staff is friendly and attentive. The rooms are spotless, beautiful and comfortable, and we find ourselves just hanging out.
We only live a couple of hours from St. Louis, but we try to take a weekend every year to visit the Moonrise. We ordered room service for the meal, which was delicious and not over priced. The menu was varied, we chose Steak and frites, and the Scallops with risotto. Both arrived hot and delicious. We also like to go across the street to PI Pizza. Saturday night at PI is quite busy, but well worth the wait.
When we arrived this past weekend, The street was full of people enjoying the warmer than normal temperatures at an ice sculpting festival and a pub crawl. Everyone was smiling and having fun, we heard that there was a skateboard competition on the roof. We heard music for awhile, but we nothing considered to be disturbing. The rooms are quiet. The beds are extremely comfortable.
Thank you Moonrise for another great weekend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
You were staying with us during the Loop Ice Carnival that we have every year in the Delmar Loop! That usually is a busy time for us and the area, but filled with great events and is much fun! Its awesome that you got to experience that! We do appreciate you all staying with us as often as you do. Also, its good to know that the experience wasn't to noisy or over crowd your experience with us. We hope you continue to choose us during your getaways to St. Louis.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Litchfield, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We enjoyed a stay in one of their suites. It was really a fun place, great lounge, dining area and had a friendly staff. A little pricey though. I am told you get get special rates at certain times . St Louis is a fabulous city to visit anyhow.

Room Tip: Try to go there because it is really unusual but see if you can get a good deal as it was a bit high...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Its definitely great to know that you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed our boutique space theme. If you ever decide to stay with us again, please give us a call beforehand so we can let you know of any special promotions going on. Also if you visit our website and join our Desires Program that would grant you access to even more discounts and promotions as they become available. You would be notified via email. We certainly want you to be able to take advantage of more reasonable opportunities as they arise!

Thank you for your time and consideration

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stay at the Moonrise about 15 times a year during numerous business trips to St. Louis and it has been one of my favorite hotels! Last weekend, my husband joined me for a fun weekend in St. Louis and I couldn't wait for him to see how great this place is...

After dinner Friday night, we came back to the hotel and ended up parking in one of the last spots in the public parking behind the hotel. Since they had an event going on, the parking was VERY limited and we were just happy to get a spot! When we got up in the morning, we noticed that someone had taken a drill or crowbar and put a giant hole in the driver side door of our rental car. We had to call the police, call insurance, and drive back to the airport to exchange the car. We asked to speak to the manager to gain access to the cameras that are set-up in the parking lot and found him to be very unhelpful. He told us that the hotel cameras didn't cover the area where we were parked and we could go talk to 2 other businesses and try to get help from them. I guess I was expecting a "I hate that this happened! How can I help?" and that is not at all what we got. I do understand that the lot is public parking and break-in's can happen anywhere, but I was hoping for a bit of empathy since this will be costing us a $500 insurance deductible to get the door fixed!

On top of that, there was a small dog in the room next to us who barked for HOURS. Again, I have stayed here multiple times and never had any issues with noise, but it was like the dog was IN our room. Also, a large group of people came in a little past midnight and they were screaming and yelling in the hall. It was incredibly loud and made for a night with very little sleep.

They used to (not sure if they still do...) have a special program for 'Your Desires' members and they would always leave you a snack/drink of your choice and upgrade you to a nicer room . This stopped happening for me about a year ago. I know it's not a huge deal (and it never kept me from staying there!) but it was such a nice perk, especially when you nearly live in hotels (I travel 4 days/week!).

All in all, I think it's time to look for another option when I stay in St. Louis.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
From the sound of things, you were staying with us on a very busy weekend. It is terribly unfortunate that you had to deal with a break in, noisy guests, as well as an annoying dog that barked continuously. I personally hate to hear that you had such an experience and the last thing I know this hotel wants to hear is that you would be looking elsewhere when you are traveling to St. Louis. Our Desires Program is still in effect, so for whatever reason you were not recognized is a mistake on our behalf. And too be quite honest considering that I am the Agent of Desires it is a mistake that I take personally. I do not want you to think that this hotel takes this matter lightly and we certainly want you to believe that we will do our best to appease. If you are ever looking for a hotel in the St. Louis area please give us a call and ask for me directly. I will ensure personally that you are better cared for.

Agent of Desires

Been to Moonrise Hotel? Share your experiences!