“Decent location & very clean/quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Magnolia Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Magnolia Hotel to your Saves list
The Magnolia Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   421 North 8th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63101 (Formerly The Roberts Mayfair )   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
From $134 per night
Ranked #34 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
“Decent location & very clean/quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed in st Louis for my boyfriends birthday. I wanted a suite and for $166 a night thought I would have all the nice things. There's no microwave or fridge in the room so thankfully we had a cooler. If you take a left on Washington there are great bars and the empire deli pizza is great! Also the little sidewalk grill with the white guy with long curly hair is awesome! The staff were lovely and everything was pretty quiet. As a holiday inn express employee when I hear hot breakfast I think the works...there were plenty of choices but nothing hot to eat besides oatmeal.

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The place was spotless, the people were amazing and the location was so convenient for a baseball or football game! They even have a free breakfast and give shuttle service in their $100,000 Tesla car

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MagnoliaVPSales, Public Relations Manager at The Magnolia Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Sdhalter
We think your review is spot on! Glad your enjoyed the spotless hotel we have. We're pretty proud of it and it's reviews like yours that keep us motivated. The Tesla certainly is drawing some attention and it was worth every penny. Thanks for being and AWESOME reviewer and we'll see you again very soon.
Huntley, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

FLAWLESS HOTEL!!! -
My son and I stayed here when taking my daughter to college. The car's AC had malfunctioned and after a long drive in 95 degree august heat, we were roasting. Though it was before official check in, Sharon found us a room that my daughter could change clothes and get a quick shower. While my son and I talked to the valet and we ogled the Tesla Magnolia Hotel Shuttle car (just that would have been worth the $ for us) she got ready. THe staff, especially Sharon, were authentically friendly and it had a warm feel.
THe room itself was huge (queen) and the beds were like heaven. Breakfast great, location great, we'll come back here for a hockey game for sure.
This was just an absolute gem.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
dave m
Wow, we're so humbled and grateful. I'll pass along your comments to Sharon and to our friends at Tesla. They'll love to read that comment. We're proud to have a gem and we think your note is diamonds! Thanks and see you for some more hockey games, or anything else. We'll keep the doors open for you.
Thanks again.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I'm a St Louis girl born and raised so when I get back to the area I always stay with family. However, having planned to see the Cardinals game my husband and I decided to book a room for the night to avoid the crowds and traffic. I checked out the big chain hotels near the ballpark and was looking at upwards of $250. Then I found the Magnolia at a very reasonable $160.

Boy am I glad I did! The staff were friendly, the public spaces were elegant and spacious and the standard room was really terrific. Breakfast was delicious and free with the room rate.

My husband was enamoured if the hotel's two Tesla electric cars, which staff will use to drop you around the downtown area.

All in all a terrific find!

• Stayed August 2014
izzieusauk, wow, we're speechless. Thanks so much for the awfully nice review. Since the property just opened a few weeks ago, we still have a few kinks we're working on. But your comments certainly make all the extra effort worthwhile. We'll be sure to share with our awesome team. Thanks again and come see us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were checking out the location of the hotel. We were greeted promptly and made to feel like royalty. Our room was ready early, so were able to check in. We had a great conversation with the staff for a good 5-10 minutes. Would highly recommend this hotel, this is what customer service should look like. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014
richardwebstet, your review makes US feel like royalty. Our staff is super friendly and is loving the new hotel. We have sweet beds, but our personalities are what'll keep guests happy. Thanks for reminding us of that and for staying with us. Come back soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I came here for a conference and this was the hotel I stayed at. I stayed with a couple of other people but there was enough space for all of us. When I got there, the place was clean and the beds were comfortable. It is also in the hear of St. Louis and about 15 minute walk to all attractions. Recommended if you ever come to St. Louis

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ben q, Thanks for the review. We really appreciate it. Next time you are in town, look us up. We'll even drive you around town in our Tesla if that 15-minute walk is too much. It's a pretty fun car to experience. Thanks again, we hope to see you again and often.
Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We got the Magnolia on Hotwire and got a good deal, so I cancelled a reservation at a different hotel. We were excited to stay at this new hotel, we had read about it online and new the area because we stayed at this property when it was the Mayfair. The hotel itself is beautiful, and our room was perfect, I have nothing but good things to say about the room. We were in town for a Cardinal game and were driven down near the ballpark which was a great service to offer.
One thing that was odd was this hotel does not have vending machines or ice machines, we called the front desk and were told someone could bring us ice, which was very nice but it would be smart of them to put ice machines at convenient locations so guests don't have to call and have someone bring it.
On the website this hotel offers nightly drinks, and a cookie buffet. We knew we wouldn't make it back for drinks but thought we'd leave the game in time to get a cab back to the hotel and make it in time for the cookies. The front desk even reminded us of this at check in. 5 hours later when we returned to the hotel, we were informed they had "discontinued" that. I asked if that was just for the evening or permanently, and was told it was permanent. That baffled us, considering this hotel had only been open for a few days!
So we went up to our room to find the Cardinal game on TV to watch the final inning of the game, and of all channels for the hotel not to carry, they didn't get Fox Sports, the channel that carries the games.
An orange juice at the hotel was bar $4.45, which is outrageous to me. Fancy hotel but lacking in many areas, next time we'll go back to areas around the ballpark better suited to us.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
AKS527,
We really appreciate your honesty and we've shared it with our team. Unfortunately, the cookie issue was our fault. We ARE going to have bed time cookies, but since the property had just opened, we dropped the ball on that one...our apologies. Come back soon and we'll have a few chocolate chips in the wings for you. Thanks again for staying with us.
Mike

Been to The Magnolia Hotel? Share your experiences!