“AMAZING VIEW - great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #29 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
ILLINOIS
“AMAZING VIEW - great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Arrived early Saturday and was greeted by very friendly staff. We were able to check in. Gave us a room on the 8th floor looking out over the Arch. They also gave us a late check-out for Monday. The room was clean. We were shown features of the room by the guy that delivered our bags. The bed was a little hard for our taste, had plenty of pillows. We were attending the STL Cardinals Winter Warm-up which is very convenient by staying at the Hyatt. We had the buffet at the resturatant, pricey if not with package deal. It is in walking distance to the Arch and to attractions downtown. If you want to go gambling, we had them call the shuttle bus. The Lumiere Place shuttle runs 24 hrs a day, it took us there and brought us back. All in all, we had a great experience by staying at the Hyatt. This is not our first time and will not be our last time. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
mangle-tyler, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Dear BFLYNN013,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the Cardinal Winter Warm-Up Event! It's sounds like you were able to take full advantage of everything the hotel as to offer. Next time you come back, which it sounds like you will be, if you find the bed to hard we can always get you an extra mattress pad to make the bed even softer. Thank you for your feedback and I am sure we will see you soon!

Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
Americus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

My partner and I totally enjoyed our stay at this beautiful hotel. The check-in process went very smooth and quick.. The front desk agents were very warm, friendly and knowledgeable.. The hotel was clean, and beautiful.. We truly enjoyed our room, it had a gorgeous view of the arch, a comfortable bed, and a great walkin shower.. There was plenty of places to eat nearby as well..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear TrishW_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much! It's also great to hear you enjoyed your check-in process at the front desk as well as your room and the view! Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis!

Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I took our first vacation to St Louis, about 5 hrs away from our hometown we needed a short break from our crazy hectic lives and kiddos. We booked our room on hotels.com and got an incredible deal- I think it was buy 2 nights get the 3rd free. When we got checked in we were surprised to find our room overlooked the Arch, which was an option when we booked that we hadn't selected- it was such a great view! The room was absolutely beautiful and very roomy. We got some good suggestions for close restaurants & nightlife, then as I was getting ready for dinner, my boyfriend proposed!! Right there in room 1783. :) I was shocked and thrilled, and we ended up just going downstairs to eat at the Brewhouse and we spent dinner sharing the good news with our friends back home!

During dinner I ran out to the ATM in the lobby to get some spending money for our night out. As I was in line I started talking to a girl who was visiting STL for wedding dress shopping- giddy and excited I told her my good news and the girl in front of us at the ATM turned around. Turns out, she was a hotel concierge who was actually off of work for the night- she told me congratulations & asked for my room number so the hotel could send up some champagne for us!!

Needless to say, we stayed in that night and celebrated, the champagne was fantastic! The next two days were just as wonderful and it seemed as though everyone we saw at the hotel had heard our good news- they congratulated us every chance they got! We left a nice note on the hotel survey and the asst. manager personally contacted us to say how much he appreciated our story and that it "brought a smile to his face".

I've traveled throughout the midwest and stayed at many hotels, but I have never had the outstanding service that I experienced at the Riverfront Hyatt. I will never stay at another hotel in St Louis, and I look forward to visiting more often!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
mangle-tyler, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 16, 2011
Dear heathercosta,

It's wonderful to hear from you again! Again, Congratulations on your engagement! I know we've spoken already but I just wanted to congratulate the two of you again. We love to hear and be part of stories like this. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit to us here in St. Louis! Maybe come back for your wedding!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Fantastically nice room, excellent accommodations and staff, and reasonable rates. Stay here for your trip to Saint Louis! The Arch is right up the block, and the location is perfect in its closeness to downtown. Will definitely stay here agian.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
mangle-tyler, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 9, 2011
Dear assaivivace,

It's wonderful to hear you had such a good time here with us at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit!

Best regards,
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Last month we drove from Kansas City to Orlando (awesome trip!). Because we were traveling with two young children we decided to stop in STL the first night (4 hour drive from KC). Hyatts have come a long way in the past decade. They have totally remodeled. Everything is modern, beautiful and comfy. We got a room for $89/night, 12th floor, with a MAGNIFICENT view of The Arch. My kids and I were in awe. It was truly breathtaking.

The restaurant in the hotel (the name escapes me at the moment .... the sports bar and grill, not Ruth's Chris) was surprisingly excellent! The service was really, really crappy and it was quite loud in there but the food totally made up for it. It was so good that we went back there again for lunch the next day before getting back on the road.

I loved how there was a Starbucks in the hotel too. Evil Starbucks, I heart you....

The Arch was right across the street from the Hyatt so we were able to walk there in 5 minutes.

Next time we come to St. Louis, this is where we are staying!!!

The only con I can think of is the $19 they charge you for parking.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Dear tikky,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear you had such an awesome trip and had such a fantastic stay with us. It also looks like you were able to visit almost all of the restaurtants here in the hotel as well. Thank you for you feedback and we are looking forward to your next visit to us here in St. Louis soon!

Hotel Assist Manager
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels for both business and leisure and I have to stay that the service and the staff at the St. Louis Hyatt not only exceeded expectations but in service surpassed much higher-end quality hotels. At check in we inquired about the upgrade to a room with a view of the arch, as it was my birthday. The hotel was happy to oblige, as they had rooms available. They then sent up a gratis bottle of champagne with some chocolate brownies up to the room, as a sweet birthday gesture. From the valets, to the billing department, to the wait staff at breakfast, the staff was engaged and helpful.
At the end of the day, especially when you travel a lot, the only true thing that differentiates one property from the other is the service you receive and at this Hyatt they seemed to have the hospitality aspect down.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
mangle-tyler, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Dear greengabby,

Thank you for sharing your story. It's so great to hear we exceeded your expectations, that is always our goal with every guest. I'm also pleased to hear you spent your birthday with us. Special occasions are always something that we make sure we go above and beyond; So that your special day is not just good, but it's great! Thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to your next visit to us here in St. Louis.

Quincy, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The hotel was very nice, everyone was friendly. I will definitely stay here again. Room service was wonderful and room was more than I could have asked for. I only had 2 problems with the hotel. We found a couple loose hairs on top of our comforter. Not a huge deal (there wasn't any in the bed itself). And my credit card was overcharged. I am working on getting that problem corrected now.
All in all it was a very nice little get away.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear lisadc88,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Room Service here in the Hotel is great! I'm glad you enjoyed it as well. I will also make sure I will pass along your story with our Housekeeping team, so they are aware of the minor issue you had. I hope you were able to get your Billing error taken care of. If you need any further assistants you can reach me at Mark.Angle-Tyler@hyatt.com. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit with us here in St. Louis!

Hotel Assistant Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!