“Favorite place to stay in St. Louis” 5 of 5 stars

All Inn Package
Ranked #29 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Muscatine
“Favorite place to stay in St. Louis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

My new favorite place to stay in downtown St. Louis!!! My husband and I came to St. Louis for our anniversary and to go to a baseball game, looked at reviews and decided on the Hyatt, and we absolutely luved it, got there at noon but had to wait about a hour for our room as people was still checking out, got a upgrade for a small optional price and it was very nice and newly furnished and sparkling clean, very comfy bed, and great view of the city. Had breakfeast included in our room and it was very good food, as there was 2 restaurants and a bar and a star bucks in the hotel, so plenty to pick from, the hotel is very beautiful as soon as you walk in the lobby and service was excellent everyone we talked to was so curtious and friendly, will definately stay there again for our next visit to St. Louis

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
Dear sjbryant83,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. I see that we are now your favorite place to stay. From all of us here at the Hyatt, Thank You !!! It seems you were able to see our entire property and experience everything it has to offer. We are looking forward to your next visit.

If you have any further comments or questions, feel free to contact me at andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com.

Andrew Wrozek - Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Our stay was excellent !!! Remodel of hotel was fabulous and upscale. Need to add phone book in the rooms. A pool/ hot tub would be an added plus if possible. steps from the arch and highway

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Dear angiep1213,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. I was pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations while you were here. Thank you for your comments, we do take all comments seriously. We have phone books in Housekeeping upon request. I am sorry that we did not inform you about this. I will definitely pass along the information to our management team about adding a pool.

If you have any further comment or questions, feel free to contact me at andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com.

cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Service was very good any issues were taken care of right away. The room was clean and a great view of the arch and the Mississippi River nice large room. No swimming pool hotel offered a pass to the YMCA to swim. Within walking distance to downtown restaurants and rib festival. Concert we attended was spectacular at the Scott trade Center. Shuttle service to the casino at no charge. There was not much shopping there is a Macy's but if you are looking for something unique you have to get out of the downtown area for boutiques which I understand are located on Washington Street. All and all the hotel was nicely renovated I wish we had more space for clothes in armoire - everything in room was ultra modern. I would stay there again.

Dear chocolatemidnight,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again here at the Hyatt. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any feedback we can get.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

The only downside to the hotel is that there's no pool (despite what the hotel directory says). Then again, there's so much to do that it doesn't matter much at all. Just blocks from a metro station, the Arch is right across the street and variety of places to eat within blocks!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Dear bluehalo11,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis. Thank you for taking the time to post a review as well. We appreicate all of the feedback we can get. I apologize that we do not have a pool on site. We do have other options here in St. Louis for water activities. If you have any questions about the options, feel free to email me at andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com.

We hope to see you again here in St. Louis. Have a Great Day!

Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

My husband and I stayed here May 12-14, 2010 to see a Cardinals game. I would have given this hotel a 5, but they put us in a non-smoking room, which we requested, but it was on a smoking floor. This makes no sense! Everytime you stepped out of your room it smelled like a dirty ashtray and where the elevators were located there was always smoke lingering. Hyatt you should really become a total non smoking facility like some of your competitors. Now let's talk about the good at this hotel! This staff was friendly and courteous, housekeeping never cleaned our room :(, the buffet pasta bar at "Red" was delicious, and the room itself was GREAT!!! This room had the biggest closet I have ever seen in any hotel. The bed was so comfortable and our view from our window was Busch Stadium and that was fantastic. If you are looking for a place to stay for the baseball game, this is a great choice. It is a short 7-10 minute walk to the stadium and I really liked the easy access to the ballpark. Like I said I would have given this hotel a 5, but I can't stand smoke, so this is the reason for the low rating. I would recommend this hotel, but ask for a non-smoking floor. There is a Ruth Chris steakhouse in the lobby and the food there was scrumptous! Happy traveling :)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 6, 2010
Dear mrsslovestotravel,

Thank you for staying with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. We appreciate that you took the time to review our Hotel on TripAdvisor. As we continue to improve out hotels and services, comments like yours provide us with valuable feedback in identifying areas that concern our guests. I apologize that we placed you on a smoking floor. Although the room itself was non-smoking, I can understand the frustration. I apologize as well for Housekeeping not servicing your room. I would truely appreciate it if you can email me to speak further about your stay, I will then follow up with my Housekeeping Team on this matter. You can contact me at andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com.

Again, Thank you for your comments, We hope to see you again here in St. Louis. Have a Great Day!

Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We pre-paid for a 3 night stay at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch over Memorial Day weekend. Checking in on Friday, we were very impressed with the renovated lobby. We were disappointed however to find out we could not have a King bed. Usually it seems like when a hotel is sold out, the two-bed rooms are the more requested type, as they sleep more people. We had a very nice young lady who was in training check us in, but the person who seemed to be training her was completely unfriendly and borderline rude to the girl she was training.

We decided to make the most of our 2 double bed room, even though the beds were pretty small. We were in town celebrating my boyfriend's birthday, and were hoping the clerk would have tried to help us find a king bed (is that really so much to ask?). The room was very nicely renovated, and had the most comfortable pillows I've ever slept on (and I stay 100+ nights a year in upper end hotels with work!).

The maid service was exceptional. The maid was very friendly and efficient every time we saw her. Oh - here's a tip for future travelers -- park your car at the parking garage down the street, one entrance down from Mansion House Apts. $3/day on weekends.

The other big complaint we had about this hotel though, were the other guests. There were signs posted all over the hotel about noise, and quiet hours beginning at 9pm. Ha! There were several wedding parties in the hotel, and apparently they put all the groomsmen at the end of the 14th floor hallway. Doors were slamming until 3am. And by doors slamming, I don't mean every so often..I mean every 4-5 seconds sometimes 20 times in a row.

We ended up checking out early because we were just not happy trying to both sleep in a double bed when we have a king at home - plus we didn't want to be there for a third night of noise. We informed the front desk person as we checked out early, and hoped for a one-night refund, since they would likely re-sell the room we had pre-paid for, but as we suspected, we could not receive a refund. In all, it was a nice hotel, and I would go back on a not-so-busy weekend, but I would insist on a King bed and to be put in a room away from wedding party guests.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
Dear stellaky,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit with us here at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch. We do appreciate and take all comments very seriously. I apologize for not having a King Bed available for you. With the Hotel being sold out, the bed types were very limited. I am sorry if this caused any inconvenience to your stay.

I apologize for the excess noise coming from your floor. I hope you were able to contact Security to report these disturbances. We take noise complaints very seriously and we try our best to keep noise at a low level. We want every guest to enjoy their time here. Again, thank you for staying with us and if you have any questions regarding your stay or any further comments, feel free to email me at andrew.wrozek@hyatt.com.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

This was the third time that I stayed at this Hyatt. My firm has their home office in St Louis and use the Hyatt for many of their employees visiting from other cities.

The staff is exceptional, though I encountered a server in the Red Kitchen who could use some instruction. I ate lunch there this time and I was served, but not brought eating utensils until I asked for them!

The rooms are fairly large and many have a view of St Louis distinguishing feature The Arch. I believe the dresser drawers could be more sturdy, but on the whole found the room quite comfortable.

This time They have taken the coffee pots out of the rooms, but provided coupons for the Starbucks in the hotel. A nice touch is providing the Wall Street Journal to their Golden passport members.

I do have a problem with top tier hotels like the Hyatt charging for internet connections. Most of the more popular priced hotels today provide that as a service.

They do have a section in the lobby with two PC's allowing for airline check-ins and printing of boarding passes. Each time I've used this, I've found the machines very slow and sometimes crashing.

Management should do some thing about this.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
awrozek, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Dear hhiguy,

I appreciate you choosing the Hyatt when you travel to St. Louis. We love to see repeat customers! Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent experience. As we continue to improve out hotels and services, comments like yours provide us with valuable feedback in identifying areas that concern our guests.

You may rest assured that I will be in contact with the Manager of RED Kitchen in an effort to address the service you received at Lunch.

Thank you for being a Gold Passport Member with the Hyatt. There are several perks to being a member and one of them is receiving a Wall Street Journal daily. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the Starbucks coffee coupons. That is a brand new program that we just rolled out.

I will personally check the Fast board computers to see what may be the problem. I apologize if this caused any inconvenience. If you have any further comments or questions, feel free to contact me at the hotel. Again, thank you for your review and we are looking forward to seeing you in the near future!

Andrew Wrozek - Hotel Assistant Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!