First, let me say that this property should be re-branded higher up the Hyatt family of brands. I have not visited a Hyatt Regency of this high quality for decades.
Views of the Arch from the lobby and from the on-site steakhouse/bar are just splendid, and I understand that some guest rooms enjoy the same views.
Most important, however, are the staff. I never once walked into, out, or through the interior of the hotel without more than one staff member greeting me with warmth, asking whether they could do anything to assist me, and being professionally welcoming in every way. The professionalism of their perfect manners struck exactly the right balance and kept it from being annoying, phony, or sticky-sweet. Each staff member keeps a sharp eye, observing and focused on the quality of stay for the guest rather than focusing on each other. I saw staff members literally run to help a guest who tripped. Staffers ran interference and communicated thoroughly with taxi drivers in the cab line. The facilities were kept clean, attractive, and safe, as well as welcoming and warm. Bartenders in the three bars were wonderful, professional, yet remembered me and my every preference.
The soaring windows, interesting decor, and ceiling heights in the lobby create a place where people want to hang out which gives it a bustling yet "huge, elegant living room" feel, unlike so many hotels where the lobby seems to be "off limits" unless you are conducting business with the hotel.
Finally, viewing the Arch from the on-site steak house, the lobby, and from some rooms, as well as the river from many rooms, establishes a real sense of place for this Hyatt Regency, removing it from the "seen one, seen them all" syndrome that plagues so many hotel chains.
I would re-brand this as a Park Hyatt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Louis Riverfront Hotel Experience uncompromising hospitality in a prime setting at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch. Steps from the famous Arch, our exemplary St. Louis hotel blends world-class service with an unparalleled location. With easy access to all of the city’s sights, our downtown hotel in St. Louis is an outstanding choice for every visitor. Select our expansive facilities - the area's premier event spaces - to host impressive business conferences, formal galas or family celebrations. Take in a game at a nearby stadium, catch a Broadway-style show, tempt Lady Luck at a casino, or simply relax in our inviting accommodations. Discover "The Hyatt Touch" at our welcoming St. Louis Missouri hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency St. Louis At The Arch Hotel Saint Louis
- Adams Mark Hotel St Louis Missouri
- Hyatt Regency Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis