“Convenient, great views!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Convenient, great views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is right downtown along the main street toward the Arch (hence the name !). I had a corner room with a great view of the Arch and the river. It was a little loud due to the road traffic noise, but it wasn't unbearable. The area by the arch is under construction and a new park and access area is being built. When it is completed, you'll be able to walk from the hotel to the Arch directly. I many have to come back! The staff was friendly and accommodating and the service was very good. I recommend the Hyatt if your travels take you to downtown St. Louis.

Room Tip: Get a corner room with a view of the arch!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home. Was their on a recent weekend to meet family. Having traveled extensively in the past twi months, I really wasn't looking forward to another hotel stay. However, I was taken aback after the weekend at this location. The staff made us feel that actually enjoy their job!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

And, you certainly couldn't get closer to the Arch! Most of the rooms have some kind of Arch view.
We were very happy with our room. I love that it's a stand up shower and not a shower in a tub. Preferred.
Bed was comfortable. I'd say the only thing that stopped me giving an Excellent was the carpets in the hallways always seemed to need a vacuum - in fact halls could be renovated.
Loved that there was a Ruth Chris Steakhouse in the Lobby, especially that Mon- Fri Happy Hour from 4-6.30pm includes some great bites and discounted drinks. It's a really nice bar to sit at.
There's also a Starbucks in the Lobby. What else could you need?

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We've stayed here a few times in the last 2 months, thank, in part, to Hotwire. We've had superb service from the time we pulled up, thru check-in and check-out, and picking our car up from valet. The rooms are very nice - excellent beds! The Arch-view rooms provide a beautiful view any time of day. The Red bar has some very good signature drinks. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is very good, but up there on the $$$$ side. Great to walk into Starbuck's without going outside, too! We will definitely stay here again and again! Oh, the @HyattConcierge on Twitter makes sure your stay is good, too!

Room Tip: Ask for the Arch View rooms when you check in!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed here one night for a concert at the Scottrade Center. The staff was nice but that's really all it had going for it. They do events and had multiple holiday parties going on with college kids running around drunk. They had a wedding going on also so the lobby was a mad house. We had a room for 2 adults and we were walking all over each other because the room was so tiny. You can hear everything from in halls and other guests talking. They put about 5/6 small/lumpy pillows on the bed that were so uncomfortable that I tossed and turned the whole night. The room was clean so that was a plus. I'm not sure I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2014
N.W. Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We recently spent a week here for a conference. All of the staff members were very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed interacting with them. We were provided with a Jr. Suite and access to the concierge lounge. The lounge provided an average hotel breakfast, light snacks during the day, and enough food in the evening to make it a meal, if necessary. There are three other venues for meals in the hotel.

Some of the things that I didn't like? The main thing is the parking situation. They list self parking, but that isn't very accurate. When we checked in, we were told that only valet parking was available - for $30 a day. Since we checked in on a Friday, we thought the weekend might be extra busy so asked if that would change during our stay. No, we were informed that only valet parking would be available all week! What? Sounds a bit like bait and switch- list self parking, but only have valet parking available. They did offer an option which we took. That was to park in the Crowne Plaza ramp which, of course, is not connected. It was raining, but that is what we did, at about $10 per day.

I also had some issues with our room. For the size of it, there was very little dresser storage space. I like to unpack during a long stay. Our hanging clothes were fine with plenty of closet space, but my husband ended up unpacking his suitcase on the wide window ledge. There was no dresser, no drawers in the bedside tables, nor in the credenza and bathroom. In the bathroom there was only one short towel rack and no place to hang a bath towel. A small irritation was a note pad with a place for a pen, but no pen.

The wi-if was good, but $9.95 a day. I never can understand why it seems we get free wi-fi in less costly hotels and are charged in the pricier ones.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife, 2-year old twins and I just completed a 5 day, 4 night stay at this wonderful hotel in downtown St. Louis, with the amazing Arch almost literally in its backyard.
First, the hotel: lee were extremely pleased with all accommodations here. The hotel is big and upgraded. Everything was very clean and spacious, starting with the very big lobby, each conference/banquet floor, hallways, and our room.
My wife was there for a conference in the hotel (all of those accommodations were also first rate), so I was in charge of our very active twins. During some very cold and rainy weather, I let them run the huge halls in the lobby and conference floors, as well as our room, and they had a blast running and exploring for two straight days (although I was exhausted).
Our room: it was wonderful. Big, clean and well laid out. My one small complaint: there was a docking station and outlets for charging a phone on just one of the bedside nightstands (of course on my wife's side, not mine). In this day and age when mobile devices are so prevalent, it's surprising that the room designers didn't have the foresight to at the very least put outlets on both sides.
The Food: overall just ok. Between eating in the hotel restaurant Red for virtually every meal for 3 1/2 days, and room service a few more, the food got very tired very quickly. The best dish that I had there was their Tomato soup, which was excellent.
The Service: this is, without doubt, the friendliest hotel I've ever been in. Everyone from the Valets and Bellmen, to the Concierges and restaurant wait staff and cooks, as well as the conference staff, truly made us all feel so welcome, like family, and made sure our every need was met quickly, graciously and with smiles.
Our twins, dubbed the Dream Team by one staffer, were doted on/over and were so well taken care of, despite leaving a trail of destruction at every step.
We highly recommend this first rate hotel!

Stayed December 2014

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!