“Great stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Aurora, Colorado
“Great stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was my second stay at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis and nothing has changed!! This is a great hotel with a great staff!! We stayed two days during a Blizzard and it was awesome!! I HIGHLY recommend staying here for the following reasons:

1. Great, safe Location right next to the Gateway Arch.
2. Friendly and caring staff. You are helped all the way from Valet to when you check out. These are people who will go the extra mile.
3. Great, clean rooms at an affordable price.
4. Great food at the Brewhouse in the lobby.
5. Comfortable beds to rest quietly.

This is just short version of the Hyatt offers. Please contact Managers Kim Halbrehder (kim.halbrehder@hyatt.com) or Angela Del Pietro (angela.delpietro@hyatt.com) (314) 655-1234. They're very honest and caring! They will help you plan a perfect trip to St. Louis and welcome you as their guests, like they did me and my brother. I have stayed other places in St. Louis and the Hyatt hand down is the best!! I can't stress this enough, there are other hotels in St. Louis that are unsafe, dirty, and crime ridden. Please choose wisey and stick to a place that is outstanding in everyway!!

Regards,
Jeff Hauser
National Radio Producer

Room Tip: All great rooms!! You can't lose!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
RadioHauser, thank you for your five star review! We appreciate your thoughtful comments and I was very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us! Please let us know next time you are traveling through St. Louis!

Kindly,

Chris Carter
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

First the good... Nice staff, nice location overlooking the arch. Sadly, however, our room was poorly maintained. Broken safe, broken phone, mold in the shower, and tufted bed headboards that looked like they were from the 60's - ideal for bug breeding grounds... and bugs there were.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RoadTripper111, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I wanted to apologize for the condition of your room upon check-in, that is unacceptable to have a room of those conditions. Please accept my sincere apologies. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping and engineering departments and it was disappointing to hear. Please contact me next time you are traveling though St. Louis!

Kindly,

Chris Carter,
Front Office Manager
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Very convenient for Cardinals games or Blues/Rams games. Easy access from most interstates. Room was average size. We were far from the elevators, so it was very quiet. There is a charge for parking. Lobby bar has high drink prices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hello islandexplorer! Thank you kindly for your great 4-star review! We are happy that our location and amenities were so ideal for your stay! Please let me know if I may ever assist you in any way! Chris.carter@hyatt.com
Macomb, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I purchased a New Years eve package at the Hyatt, including the additional stay the night before. The package included a choice of two buffets on and an open bar New Years Eve. Music was provided by three bands in two ballrooms. Attendance was over 2,000 people. I rate the entire event as very good. The room was large and ok except the edges of the carpets needed to be vacuumed in the rooms and the hall. The food was good and liquor quality and service were top notch. The three bands provided varied and excellent music with "Smash" being the best. The ballrooms had adequate seating and dance floors. Most notable was the staff at the hotel which was very professional and friendly. Would consider it again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Bruce B! Thank you so much for your 4-star review! It was our pleasure to again host such a fantastic New Years Eve event, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed it! Whether you are considering attending next year, or staying with us any time in between, please contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com if I may assist you in any way!
Patchogue, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Recently stayed for 6 nights while visiting. Location is excellent. Directly across from Arch, short walk to casino, several restaurants within walking distance. Staff very good and helpful. Room clean , well cared for, although slightly small. Luxurious bath and great toiletries. Small but important detail was the fast elevators.
Had the business plan which included breakfast. Buffett was simple and good. Omelet station chief was outstanding keeping things moving. He could play SS for the Cardinals. One of the best I've seen. Meats could have been kept warmer.
Like most hotels, they charge for extras(WIFI, valet parking). Both services good. Only glitch was business plan included paper to room and daily bottle of water. Neither happened. Didn't go to complain when I was there so "my bad" they weren't provided.
Would return to hotel for next stay in STL.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hello GWW! Thank you so much for your 4-star review! We are happy that you chose to stay with us for such an extended stay! My apologies that your newspaper was not delivered on a consistent basis! This has been addressed with our delivery staff! Please let me know if you are ever returning, and I would be more than happy to assist you in any way! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com!
Carbondale, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for New Years party with 3 other friends. Checked in on 12/31/2013 and Checked out on 1/3/2014. We stayed in rooms with 2 double beds on the 7th floor with the breakfast plan.

New Years party: Really good. Smash band was my favorite!! Open bar and food was nice.

The room : It was ok. It felt a little bit outdated. Carpet was torn down and edges around the bottoms of the beds were dusty.

Breakfast at the Red restaurant: TERRIBLE!! The waitress did not know what she was doing. I asked which menu items were included in our bed and breakfast rate and she said everything was covered. I ordered a frittata and 2 other people got the buffet. I had to wait for my food more than 30 minutes because a trainee was making it (according to the waitress). It came out and it was nothing like a frittata - extremely greasy and not fluffy at all. The buffet did not have much of a selection and the food was not good - brown bananas, cold sausage. The two people in our party who ate the buffet had upset stomachs not long after.

After finishing eating, our waitress brought our receipt and she said it would be deleted when we checked out. Well, during check out, we found out you can only order buffet with the breakfast plan. The people in the restaurant should know that. The front desk clerk reluctantly removed the charges for the non-buffet items.

The services : The 3rd night when we came back, the room keys were disabled. Not only 1 but all 4 cards were unable to open the rooms. I talked with the clerk at the front desk. He called somewhere and got some clarifications. He gave us new cards but, according to him, the reason why all cards were disabled was that we must have placed them next to our phones.

Overall : I will never go back to the hotel because of the services that they have. I was expecting high quality service even though the room was not a perfect. If you are looking for top class hotel, I would not recommend it. It's more on par with lower level hotels like a Best Western or Comfort Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello yuko g! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback in regards to your stay. I am very sorry that we fell short in meeting your expectations! It is clearly not typical to experience this number of issues during ones stay with us. I would welcome the opportunity to ensure your satisfaction should you ever be traveling back to St. Louis in the future! Please contact me directly at chris.carter@hyatt.com if I may assist you, or should you wish to discuss anything further!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed here for our anniversary...what a great stay. This may have very well been the best hotel with the best amenities in the nation. Jessica, at the front desk, provided wirld class customer service and was very attentive to our needs. Ask for her if she is available. The views were awesome and the hotel is extremely clean and modern. If you are St Louis this a must stsy!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello WMHARBOR! Thank you for your fantastic 5-Star review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, as well as your comments about Jessica! I will be sure that she hears about this! Please contact me if you ever need anything in the future! Chris.carter@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!