“Half and Half” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Somewhere, USA
“Half and Half”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is our second stay at this Hyatt, both due to a deal through the price discount site. We weren't able to get an arch view this time, but that's not unexpected on our rate...but we were bumped to an oversized room with a city view. It was huge and had separate vanity areas and bathroom - the bathroom alone was the size of some other hotel rooms. Our kids loved sitting on the window ledge and looking out at the city. There was some street noise, but I think the darkening curtains blocked most of the noise for us at night. We were unable to get a bell cart - seems those are really only for the full-price paying customers & those paying for bell hops, so it was a pain to make several trips in with kids. Last year I paid for on-site parking, but now as it's all valet-only, we used the parking lot down the street. It was cheaper and I felt safe enough with my husband along, but I would not attempt this with just me and the kids. It's a pain, especially as it was raining much of the time. The pan-handler problem has gotten ridiculous - you can't step foot outside of the hotel without at least one or two people approaching you for money. I was disappointed in the housekeeping service this time. While all hotels seem to be making cost-cutting approaches deemed as "being green," it specifically said that if you wanted your sheets changed, to contact housekeeping. We did this, only because one of our children had an accident. We were their for hospital appointments/testing and had a long day away. We got back late only to find that the room had not been serviced. so we had to call housekeeping to come late and bring sheets. Since my son needed a daily medical procedure done, I had to do the sheets myself as he needed his privacy and didn't need housekeeping about the room. For what we paid for the room, it was still a good deal, but I definitely felt the Price*line treatment this time.

Room Tip: If you can get a partial arch view room, they're amazing, but the city view is great, too. You m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello savin4morefamily! Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for responding with such a detailed review! I can assure you that we truly do value all guests staying with us, and never treat our guests differently no matter how they secured their reservations! We would definitely welcome to opportunity to see you back with us so that we can ensure your complete satisfaction during your stay! Please let me know if I may assist your at any time! Chris.carter@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is the Hyatt that got me to switch (and status match) from a different chain. I stayed at this hotel week after week for work, and the staff at this hotel was always fantastic. This is one of the most well kept hotel properties I have ever seen. The staff would do anything to go above and beyond to help out, answer any questions, and to make you feel at home. The hotel had clearly been recently renovated, and was completely up to date. Very few hotels use RFID readers on all the doors (instead of magnetic strip cards).
I really loved the stayfit gym.. it had a big enough selection of machines, all the machines were ALWAYS clean, and it was cold in there (many of the hotels I've stayed at seem to have HOT gyms, for whatever reason).
My only complaints would be the speed of the internet, and the air seemed really dry.. I'd wake up and need to drink water immediately, and had never had that happen anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Hello Paul B! Thank you for your great 5-Star review! We appreciate that you have continued to stay with us, and that we continue to impress a seasoned traveler such as yourself! Please contact me should you ever need any assistance! Chris.carter@hyatt.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed here 2 nights while my husband attended a seminar at another hotel nearby. I must say that unfortunately, we would never stay at this hotel again. The entire experience wasn't horribly bad per se, but we had to deal with some issues that are just deal breakers for 4 or 5 star hotels.......especially for the price!

Service: Every employee that we encountered was friendly, helpful, and genuine. However, it seemed as though 70% of the times we called the operator (0) no one answered with the first 1 or 2 calls. The phone would literally ring a good ten times and I would just hang up and try back a few minutes later. Maybe they're short staffed or something.

Cleanliness: This was one of our main issues. We checked in around 11 pm and were SUPER tired. My husband and I noticed 2 drops of old blood (or what looked like blood) on our top sheet/blanket cover. So, we just removed the sheet from the bed because we didn't feel like waiting for someone to come up and change the linens. So, the next morning we called the front desk and specifically requested that our linens be changed by housekeeping. We also noticed that the sheets were "dingy & worn" looking. We were out most of the day. Got back around10 pm and the same linens were on our bed with the blood stains. Housekeeping remade the bed and just used the same linens.

We called the front desk, explained the situation, and they sent up 2 housekeepers to change the bed. These 2 housekeepers brought 3 sheets with them and they discovered that ALL 3 of them also were stained. So, one of them left to get 2 more sheets.......came back and BOTH of those were stained. So, on the third try, we finally got clean sheets. One of the housekeepers seemed stunned that blood was on our original sheet and the other one wasn't surprised at all and said that she had seen the same problem in another room. ALSO, we were super tired and had to wait 20 minutes for something that should have taken about 3 minutes all because apparently most of Hyatt's linens are stained. I've seen other reviews with this problem as well.

There were also things like thick dust build up on the phones & docking station and very rusted and corroded sprinklers.

Room Decor: It seems as though Hyatt did partial updating by adding new lamps with red lamp shades and updating the bathrooms, but the carpet and larger furniture definitely need updating.

Food: The room service food was very good.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello Tamera B! Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your review. I am sad and dissapointed to hear that your experience with our housekeeping services was so far below the standard for which we are renowned for upholding! I can assure you that every bit of feeback that we recieve will be addressed with our housekeeping and management team to ensure such issues are corrected. I truly hope that should you be returning to St. Louis, you contact me directly so that we can ensure you have a flawless stay. You can reach me at Chris.carter@hyatt.com. Thank you again and have a great day!
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I called the concierge first, have had it with all the online things. Amanda was so helpful, now granted the Cardinals and Rams were not in town this weekend, and I planned a month in advance! Explained it was my birthday weekend, and we were celebrating both my wife's and my birhtday and anniversary since the fall within 3 weeks of each other. We usually stay elsewhere in St Louis, but not anymore. Last time we were at this hotel it was the old Adams Mark, what a change! We upgraded while making our reservations to an absolutely wonderful room, looking at the Arch. Room was wonderful, view was outstanding, service was excellent. Even during busy times, well organized and efficient. Made for one of the best getaway weekends ever! Small requests made ahead of time were honored and in room when we got there. We WILL be back!!

Room Tip: Call first! Don't do online thing, check Cardinals schedule.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello Chawdawg! Thank you for your great 5-Star review, and congratulations again on your Anniversary! We are so happy to have enhanced your stay and that you celebrated with us! Please let us know if you ever need anything! Please contact me directly at chris.carter@hyatt.com if I may assist you!
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The check in was very efficient, staff very friendly. Jessica checked us in and upgraded our room to a beautiful corner suite with the Arch and city views. She also sent us a bottle of wine and chocolates to celebrate our anniversary. Accommodations were spacious and clean... with the exception of the windows to our beautiful views, but definitely not a deal breaker! Our only other complaint was that my husband and I were looking forward to the getting coffee and going to the tower terrace in the morning (per signag, open to the public 8am daily). We went down to the Starbucks (LOVE that in the lobby), got our coffees and headed up. We were stopped by staff who told us it was a private party there and we could not enter until 11am. Our check out time was 11, so that was pretty disappointing. So we walked the short distance to the Arch and enjoyed our coffee that way. Walking distance to Arch, Busch Stadium, several restaurants/bars. Would ABSOLUTELY stay here again!

Room Tip: We asked for "high up and far from the elevators" and were upgraded to a beautiful corner...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello CJR71inSTL! Thank you for your great 5-Star Review! We are so happy to have welcomed you at our property and that you enjoyed yourselves so much! Please let me know next time you are coming to the hotel and I can make sure to get you access to our roof top! Chris.carter@hyatt.com
Siloam Springs, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our stay at this beautiful hotel was one of the best stays ever. The staff is extremely friendly, knowledgeable about the area, and competent in their jobs. Rooms are wonderful with all the comforts of home. Location is one of the best I have every seen, being across the street from the Arch, Ols Statehouse, and just a few blocks from Lumiere Place. Also very convienent location for a ball game whether it be baseball or football.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Owner at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Hello Mark Y! Thank you very much for your 5-Star Review! Please contact me directly at Chris.carter@hyatt.com should you ever need anything else in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were very surprised by the size of the hotel (a lot larger than it looked online) the foyer is lovely and large and all the staff exceptionally helpful. We stayed here as part of our Route 66 holiday, the location for us was great. Our room was really large and the bed was unbelievably comfortable, we had two great nights sleep. Breakfast was very good value, and we really enjoyed the Sports Bar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hello kateharkness! Thank you very much for your 4-Star review! We are so pleased that you chose our hotel during your travels, and most importantly that you enjoyed your stay so much! Please let me know if I can ever assist with anything further! Chris.carter@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!