“Our home base for an extended weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
All Inn Package
Ranked #26 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Lowell, Arkansas
“Our home base for an extended weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were attending a family reunion in St. Louis this weekend, and decided to make it an extended weekend vacation. We booked online with Hotwire and got an amazing price on a "mystery" hotel, and were so pleased to see we ended up with the Hyatt. We stayed three nights here: Thurs, Fri, and Saturday.

Upon check-in we asked for an arch view, and none were available, but we paid to upgrade to a junior suite. That turned out to be a great choice for us b/c we were traveling with our two boys, aged 8 and 10. We had a king sized bed and the boys had a separate area with a queen sized pull out sofa. A smaller room for the four of us would have been crowded, but the suite was a perfect size.
Check-in went smoothly, but it seemed to take quite awhile. The people working the desk seemed friendly enough, but you could hear them all reciting the same canned welcome speech to the guests, right down to asking the same questions in the same order. (where are you from? How was your drive? Etc...) It was like listening to people singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat in a round...the hotel version, LOL. The guy checking us in, David or Dave (can't quite remember), was great though. He was mixing it up a little, and it felt more personal that the others we heard around us during the check in process. I really felt like he genuinely wanted to help us.
The hotel is in an excellent location, right across the street from the arch and river on one side, and across from the Old Courthouse on the other. Our suite was a great size, with large windows in each room, with a wide window seat area in each of them. We were on the 10th floor and had a view of the courthouse, and could see Busch Stadium too. In the other part of the suite, we could see a little bit of the Mississippi River. It was beautiful at night, seeing the city all lit up. You can also take the elevator up to the 18th floor and take in the view of the arch and river from the terrace. It's a nice area. We went up Sunday morning, as there were various wedding events taking place on the days prior.
From this location you could easily walk to the arch, courthouse, cathedral, ballpark, citygarden, and even union station if you were feeling up to it. There are plenty of restaurants on the surrounding streets. We noticed a TGIFridays, a Jimmy Johns and a few others. Down in the hotel lobby there are options as well. We ordered dessert from Brewhouse one night and it was really good. There's also a Ruth's Chris and a Starbucks in the lobby. Be prepared for loooong lines at the Starbucks each morning.
Moving along to parking...ugh. I HATE paying to park. Period. No matter what city I am in, I just hate it. Here, I recommend parking in the Mansion House parking garage (this hotel is right next to the crowne plaza, and the parking garage is right on the other side of it. Like, walk out of the Hyatt, walk past the crowne, turn into the parking lot. Easy to find!). You can park there for around $2/hour or $8 overnight. We easily found parking every night except for Saturday, when my husband parked at a garage on the corner of 6th and Pine (but the garage he found was cheap, $3 overnight on weekends). Parking for our entire trip cost less than just ONE day of valet service at the Hyatt.
Another downside, you have to pay for in-room internet. I was thoroughly confused by this, b/c even at a cheapo Comfort Inn you get free wifi. After asking about it, the guy at check-in gave us free wifi for signing up to receive Hyatt rewards. Look at your bill upon check out if you're offered the same deal, however, b/c they tried to charge us for it and had to go back and take off the charges.
Overall, this is a nice hotel. The staff was friendly enough, the lobby is beautiful, the elevators are FAST, and our room was a nice size and very clean.
I'm not sure I'd recommend this for a family traveling with children. It was ok for us, b/c we were busy out doing things during the days, but in the evenings we were so exhausted we just wanted to hang out and watch tv. Taking on the zoo and city museum in one day takes a lot out of you! There are no tv channels for children. No Nickelodeon, no Disney. So even though we had two tvs, we all ended up piled on the bed watching re-runs of Big Bang Theory. There isn't a pool either, if that's something that is a priority.
If you're traveling alone, on business, a group of adults, or as a couple, though, you should put this on your list! Their direct rates are still very good even without catching a deal like we did on Hotwire.
All four of us enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review and great feedback from your recent stay samanthars! I will share your feedback about David with our Front Office Manager, it’s great to hear he was able to personalize your check in experience. In terms of paying for parking, please check out some of the parking package rates we offer online that include parking; they can be a great value! In the next month we will be changing over to an HD signal for our guest rooms. Along with that change we will have kid friendly channels available. I really hope you have the opportunity to visit us again, please let me know if you do and I would love the opportunity to help you out.

1,434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

A great location near the ballpark and directly across from the Arch! The rooms are quite small, but ok for one or two people. I did have a problem shortly after checking in. While I was unpacking, a member of the hotel staff (apparently) used a key to come into my room without even knocking. When I asked why they had not knocked, he simply turned around and left the room. Advised the front desk supervisor. He apologized and said he would check with security to see who had accessed my room (yes, they have the capability of determining when a room key is used and who it belongs to). When I returned that evening, there was a pleasant surprise. The supervisor had left a snack tray of cheese and crackers along with several bottles of water. Nice touch. The only other minor issue is the valet parking charge. They charge $26/night plus tax for valet parking. You may self-park, but the parking garage is about a block away. When it rains, as it did twice during my stay, that would be a pain.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room to get a better view of the Arch.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review and specific feedback on a problem you had encountered during your recent stay MichaelA51. The safety and security of all our guests is our top priority. We take your comments very seriously and are going to make sure to address your concern with our staff members. Make sure to check out our online room rate packages as we offer great options that include valet parking so you can avoid the rain! I hope your travels bring you back to the Arch.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we found our room to be clean and well kept. We also got a partial view of the arch even though we didn't pay for the view room. Overall a nice stay at the Hyatt. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for the 5-Star review Park_Trekers! It’s great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to having you visit us again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you on a returning visit.

Commerce Township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for business and it was the first time I had seen the Arch. It is walking distance to the Arch and many restaurants downtown. It was about a 15 minute cab ride to the famous Hill where we enjoyed a great Italian dinner.
We had breakfast, lunch and cocktails in the lobby bar/restaurant a number or times over a few days and found the staff to be outstanding and helpful. Meals are a bit pricey, but every single person we encountered was very friendly and interested in serving our table. A couple of times we needed to load our car with some work supplies and the staff could not have been nicer or more ready and willing to help.
Two of my co-workers were not pleased with the cleanliness of their halls, due to food trays and other things they noticed about the hallway woodwork. I was near the elevator and the room was clean and it was not noisy. I did not have any complaints about the hotel at all and was surprised that two friends had both noticed the slow clean up in the hall.
I would stay there again and enjoyed my visit. Great location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review and recognition of our staff MrsStapes! I will share the feedback from your friends about our hallways with our housekeeping team. Its great to hear you were able to explore the Hill; I would also recommend Soulard which has a variety of great restaurants. Our concierge staff is an excellent resource for recommendations. Hopefully you can come back to visit us again and check out a variety of restaurants that are located near the hotel!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We got an exceptional deal on this place from Priceline's Express Deals - after using Google wallet (only available on the mobile app) and getting that discount, we paid only $40 for one night! We were moving from Texas to Michigan and stopped on the way, so really we just needed a bed and a pet-friendly hotel as we had our dogs with us. It was $25/night/pet, so our total was $90 - a real steal. We were very happy with our room, and the staff was fine. The location was absolutely perfect - right across the street from the Arch! The only reason I'm docking a star is their dining. We went to the sports bar for a burger and fries, and they were just so-so. The staff was very underwhelming and couldn't answer simple questions about menu items and drink specials. But overall, especially if you book it cheap, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 4-Star review Caitlin L! I will share your comments with our Food and Beverage team, I am confident that we can do a better job moving forward. Our location does truly set us apart as we have proximity to the Arch, Busch stadium and the Historic courthouse. I hope we can see you again!

Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was one of my worst experiences made in the last decades for the following reasons:
The room I got was really dirty as it can be seen from the enclosed photos (dirt on the floor; dirt on the chair; dust on the cupboard; blotty ironing board; gluey fingerprints on the window etc). I asked for the housekeeping and showed the room; it was undisputed that this room did not comply with Hyatt´s internal hygiene rules. Hyatt wanted to clean the room for which reason I had to wait round about 45 minutes in the lobby...I had a jetlag and wanted to sleep one hour prior to my meeting which was not possible. Coming back to my room, I put away some of the pillows to go to bed and was shocked seeing a pillow that was contaminated with a reddish fluid (see photo enclosed). I wanted to give the housekeeping a call but the telephone was still covered with dust! How long was this room not used?! I went down to the lobby and complaint. I was told to wait (in the end round about 20 minutes) and somebody from the executive housekeeping informed me that my room was checked again and due to the undisputed dirtyness of this room I will get a new room....2 hours since check-in have gone! Now, you may wondering why such a hotel got one point from me. The reason is that the staff at the check-in desk and for valet parking was friendly. Fortunately, I had to stay only one night in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review and details regarding your recent stay Cosmopolit G. Having a room not prepared properly prior to your arrival and having a longer wait for the issue to be resolved must be very frustrating. I apologize that we had done such a poor job during your recent stay. I appreciate you acknowledging the hospitality of our Front Desk staff and Valet staff. I would love the opportunity to assist you, please contact me directly.

Newburgh, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We checked in on July 19. The reason for our trip was for a Cards game. Check in was smooth as they have kiosks that can check you in (very quick). The hotel is in a great location and is very clean and inviting. After we checked into our room, we noticed that the sink drain was stuck closed and would not open. After leaving our room to go to the game, I stopped at the front desk and told an employee. They assured it would be fixed. After returning from the game, I went up to the room to drop some things off. My key cards did not work. I went back to the front desk and got new key cards. After entering our room, the sink had never been fixed. No big deal as we were going out to celebrate the Cards win. I went back down to the lobby and reminded another employee of the problem. Said it would be taken care of. We returned later that night and the sink had not been fixed. I was done at this point. We had to use the bath tub faucet to rinse our toothbrushes. I was absolutely grossed out at this point and threw the brushes out. The next morning at check out, I told the employee of the problem. She responded, "Ahh." Really? I told her I was not happy. She responded that we were paid up and owed nothing on our bill. No apology, no discount, no nothing. I was shocked. I have always had great experiences at this hotel and other Hyatt's while travelling. I will be hard pressed to ever stay at this or another one again. I expect great service and this Hyatt lacked it on this stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review and feedback CAGRN1. I am very disappointed to hear that we failed to fix an issue you had reported to us on 3 separate occasions and then not reacted appropriately at your checkout. Your comments will be shared with our Front Office management team. I apologize that you had such a poor experience. Please contact me directly and give me the opportunity to personally assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!