“Great under pressure” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Onawa
“Great under pressure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed during two busy conventions and a week of cardinals games but you'd never know. The staff was awesome, great location just steps from the arch and a few minutes to the stadium (visit rooftop bar 360 in the Hilton while you're here).
I didn't eat at any of the hotel places, so I can't comment on that but they were super helpful with any and all questions.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for the 5-Star review and recognition of our staff Up4Anything32! I hope you get a chance to visit us downtown over the Fair of St. Louis, the downtown area is a lot of fun and we have the Cardinals playing Miami for a triple header!

Kim Halbrehder - Assistant Director of Rooms
Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

At the end of a long day of driving, I was anticipating relaxing in my arch view deluxe room, ordering room service, and unwinding. Unfortunately, things went downhill the moment I pulled up to the front of the hotel. Valet gentleman says, "what's that" about the luggage topper on my SUV. Then, "can you take it off for the night?" Really? Um, no. So, the claim that parking is not a hassle at this hotel that is made on their website is an empty promise. Although no mention is made online, their valet parking garage is only able to accommodate cars to 6'2", which will be tight for many SUVs. If you don't fit, you are on your own. The valet, name I can't remember, says we can unload and check in, and he will see if the car can be left near the entrance, as he observes my son is upset. My son, who has autism, has come to a crisis point where he needs something from the topper. And he needs my full attention, which I can't give him because of this parking glitch. So, our luggage is handed off to bell services, a very friendly girl checks us into the room, and we head up to the 9th floor.

The room is huge with a spectacular view of the St. Louis Arch. The bathroom is segmented with 2 sinks in separate areas, and a dressing area. The corner couch is a perfect spot to enjoy the view. You can hear traffic noise from being directly over the interstate, but it did not keep us awake. The carpet looks a bit tired, but otherwise everything is clean. This amazing view comes with a good walk from the elevators; at least they have signs for room numbers pointing the way.

I try to talk my son out of needing his book from the topper, but my excuse that I need a ladder to reach it properly backfires, as he wants to go find someone (in maintenance) who has one. At this point, I need to go find out the parking situation, I don't know how long it will take me, and I have to leave my son, who is very focused on his problem, alone in the room. He should be fine, I should only be downstairs 10-15 minutes. But in my mind is a worry that he will decide to go find a ladder on his own.

So, valet gentleman says his manager won't let him keep the car near the front, but I should talk to him directly, explain about my son, see if he can help. The parking manager says he could get in trouble if he lets my car stay out front (not in the way of incoming guests), and the truck that is parked there now belongs to "someone important to the hotel". The public parking garage nearby has some spots for oversized vehicles, but only thru one entrance. A very nice young man from valet volunteers to ride with me, show me where to park, and walk back with me. When we get in the parking garage, the security guy tells me to park in the handicapped row, as that is the only section that is tall enough (some spots aren't handicapped, but they are full). Since the garage is plenty tall, I climb up & dig thru the topper for the book, and my escort kindly waits for me and offers help. The walk back to the hotel is not far, but at night there are definitely some characters about, and I was glad my son wasn't with me.

Luckily, my son stayed in the room and paced frantically rather than hunt up a helper, and he was delighted with his book and the thought of eating dinner in the room, as it is now after 9pm and we have been "checking in" for an hour.

Room service menu is fine for me, but Hyatt has decided all kid guests need healthy food, and their very limited kids' menu has nothing for my son. He really just wants chicken fingers and french fries. Frustrated, I do do-it-yourself room service, going down to the sports bar, ordering kid's chicken finger meal, onion soup and soft pretzel to go. Service there was fast and friendly.

Front desk staff happily extended check-out time by an hour the next day so we had time to visit the arch without having to move our car or schlep our luggage to the parking garage. The trip to the top of the arch was great, the view fantastic, and the museum of westward expansion is well worth the visit.

You can't beat the location and view at this hotel, but I think they focus on business clients and forget about the needs of families, much less families with children with special needs. We pass thru St. Louis twice every summer, and the rest of our family would surely enjoy the room we had, but we won't stay because we don't feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bubbleslt thank you for providing detailed feedback on what had occurred during your stay. I appreciate your recognition of those associates who went above and beyond to try and help you and your son during your stay. Please contact me directly, I would love the opportunity to try and help make a more memorable experience for your next stay at the Hyatt.

Kim Halbrehder - Assistant Director of Rooms
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This Hyatt is very reasonably priced, given the prime location just across the street from the Arch in St. Louis. It is a solid 4 star hotel, with very comfortable, clean rooms and very comfortable pillows and mattresses. It's quite family-friendly, for example with a reasonably priced breakfast buffet that allows kids up to (I believe) age 8 to eat at no charge. Surprisingly for this class of hotel, wireless internet access is complimentary in the lobby and dining areas (although oddly not in the Regency Club, which is a dining area). Equally surprisingly, the hotel lists the availability of low cost parking by an outside provider, even though it competes with the hotel's much more expensive valet parking. I appreciated that candor. Service was also top rate. As for negatives, the most serious is the lack of a swimming pool. In addition, even though the hotel is directly across from the arch, there appear to be few rooms with an Arch view. Another minor quibble is that the carpeting and decorating in the hallways was a bit dated, although the rooms themselves were fine.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with an Arch view, that would be a real coup.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review and feedback regarding parking NanjingBob. In order to guarantee an Arch-View, please make sure to book one of our beautiful Arch-View Deluxe guest rooms. These rooms offer more space and a direct view of the St. Louis Arch. NanjingBob I hope your travels bring you back to the downtown St. Louis area, please let me know if I can personally assist you!

East Alton, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The Room had a great view of the Arch and grounds. The location is great for seeing the sites in St. Louis. Great restaurant and food. The only thing that could have been better was the Television reception. Several of the channels would glitch, but that is not due to the hotel, but the provider of the cable or satellite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Deanna P thank you very much for the 5-Star review and recognition of our staff! Make sure to visit us during a Cardinal's game; the downtown truly changes and is a great time. Hopefully we can see you back again soon!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed her for 4 nights on Business. The Hyatt Arc is a very nice place to stay. The location makes this hotel. Easy to get to the Arc and close Busch Stadium. The service with the hotel and the restaurants very good. It is worth getting an upgrade with the room and have a view of the Arc. Also a lot of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Devin W thank you so much for the 5-Star review! Along with the Arch and stadium we are also located across the street from the historic court house that heard the Dred Scott case and is a part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. Please come back to visit us again and enjoy more of what downtown St. Louis has to offer!

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed for one night so I can't comment on housekeeping but the service in all other areas was terrific, from the valets who were beyond helpful with the wheelchair to the front desk to the bellman who was so funny and full of great information.

The room was modern but still cozy, clean and well kept, and we had a corner Arch view which was well worth the money. We left the curtains open all night and it was something else to wake up to that great view in the morning. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was small but nicely decorated and clean.

We had dinner at Ruth's Chris which was fantastic, food and service way above average. Our room service breakfast was pretty good and arrived quickly and nice and hot.

There is a great (big) shop that has any odds and ends you'd need and a variety of drinks and snacks, as well as a huge selection of souvenirs. The ladies working there were very friendly too.

The only complaint I can come up with is that there's no swimming pool, apparently they took it out to add some event space upstairs. The location can't be beat and it's all about the view.

Room Tip: Get a room with an Arch view if at all possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JoBelleChicago its great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay in one of our Arch-View guest rooms! Ruth's Chris consistently does a great job, next time make sure to visit one of our other wonderful restaurants. Personally I always enjoy the Brewhouse and would recommend trying one of our customized burgers with one of our local draft beers. I hope you will be back soon, if you would like, please send me an e-mail and I would love to help book a room for you.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is by far one of the best in the industry. The model hotel that every hotel should pattern. Hotel is the most advanced in the use of technology. Took advantage of the Express Check-In and Check-Out saved time. All of the employees were highly professionally. The Front Desk members in training customer service attitude was top notch left me with the impression that the Hyatt hires nothing but the best. Awesome experience highly recommended to stay if you are in the area!

• Stayed June 2013
Wow! Thank you for such an awesome review LoyalThanMost. If you travel often and stay with Hyatt's I would recommend that you sign up for our Gold Passport loyalty program. There is no cost and with increased stays, you earn future free nights and other additional benefits such as complimentary later check outs. I hope we get to see you again, if you do plan a returning visit, please let me know so I can personally assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!