“Nice Hyatt in a perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

All Inn Package
Ranked #20 of 122 hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice Hyatt in a perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This Hyatt is very reasonably priced, given the prime location just across the street from the Arch in St. Louis. It is a solid 4 star hotel, with very comfortable, clean rooms and very comfortable pillows and mattresses. It's quite family-friendly, for example with a reasonably priced breakfast buffet that allows kids up to (I believe) age 8 to eat at no charge. Surprisingly for this class of hotel, wireless internet access is complimentary in the lobby and dining areas (although oddly not in the Regency Club, which is a dining area). Equally surprisingly, the hotel lists the availability of low cost parking by an outside provider, even though it competes with the hotel's much more expensive valet parking. I appreciated that candor. Service was also top rate. As for negatives, the most serious is the lack of a swimming pool. In addition, even though the hotel is directly across from the arch, there appear to be few rooms with an Arch view. Another minor quibble is that the carpeting and decorating in the hallways was a bit dated, although the rooms themselves were fine.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with an Arch view, that would be a real coup.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review and feedback regarding parking NanjingBob. In order to guarantee an Arch-View, please make sure to book one of our beautiful Arch-View Deluxe guest rooms. These rooms offer more space and a direct view of the St. Louis Arch. NanjingBob I hope your travels bring you back to the downtown St. Louis area, please let me know if I can personally assist you!

1,343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
East Alton, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The Room had a great view of the Arch and grounds. The location is great for seeing the sites in St. Louis. Great restaurant and food. The only thing that could have been better was the Television reception. Several of the channels would glitch, but that is not due to the hotel, but the provider of the cable or satellite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Deanna P thank you very much for the 5-Star review and recognition of our staff! Make sure to visit us during a Cardinal's game; the downtown truly changes and is a great time. Hopefully we can see you back again soon!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed her for 4 nights on Business. The Hyatt Arc is a very nice place to stay. The location makes this hotel. Easy to get to the Arc and close Busch Stadium. The service with the hotel and the restaurants very good. It is worth getting an upgrade with the room and have a view of the Arc. Also a lot of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Devin W thank you so much for the 5-Star review! Along with the Arch and stadium we are also located across the street from the historic court house that heard the Dred Scott case and is a part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. Please come back to visit us again and enjoy more of what downtown St. Louis has to offer!

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed for one night so I can't comment on housekeeping but the service in all other areas was terrific, from the valets who were beyond helpful with the wheelchair to the front desk to the bellman who was so funny and full of great information.

The room was modern but still cozy, clean and well kept, and we had a corner Arch view which was well worth the money. We left the curtains open all night and it was something else to wake up to that great view in the morning. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was small but nicely decorated and clean.

We had dinner at Ruth's Chris which was fantastic, food and service way above average. Our room service breakfast was pretty good and arrived quickly and nice and hot.

There is a great (big) shop that has any odds and ends you'd need and a variety of drinks and snacks, as well as a huge selection of souvenirs. The ladies working there were very friendly too.

The only complaint I can come up with is that there's no swimming pool, apparently they took it out to add some event space upstairs. The location can't be beat and it's all about the view.

Room Tip: Get a room with an Arch view if at all possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JoBelleChicago its great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay in one of our Arch-View guest rooms! Ruth's Chris consistently does a great job, next time make sure to visit one of our other wonderful restaurants. Personally I always enjoy the Brewhouse and would recommend trying one of our customized burgers with one of our local draft beers. I hope you will be back soon, if you would like, please send me an e-mail and I would love to help book a room for you.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is by far one of the best in the industry. The model hotel that every hotel should pattern. Hotel is the most advanced in the use of technology. Took advantage of the Express Check-In and Check-Out saved time. All of the employees were highly professionally. The Front Desk members in training customer service attitude was top notch left me with the impression that the Hyatt hires nothing but the best. Awesome experience highly recommended to stay if you are in the area!

• Stayed June 2013
Wow! Thank you for such an awesome review LoyalThanMost. If you travel often and stay with Hyatt's I would recommend that you sign up for our Gold Passport loyalty program. There is no cost and with increased stays, you earn future free nights and other additional benefits such as complimentary later check outs. I hope we get to see you again, if you do plan a returning visit, please let me know so I can personally assist you.

ARLINGTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The front desk staff at check in was very nice. Once in my room I did notice it probably could have used some more vaccuuming but the view was very nice. The TV did not have as many channel or ease of operation I would have expected. On the first morning my coffee pot did not work and my ironing board would not close. I did call and when I returned to my room it had been cleaned better and the coffee pot and board were replaced. I got up the next morning to notice they removed the actual iron as well when the replaced the board but did not return it. I again called and they promptly replaced. We did ask for a late check out on the last evening and depending on who at the front desk you talked to depended on if they gave you an extra hour. Most of the staff were very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for an arch view - I had a great view of the arch and the court house.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review Andrea B. I will address your concerns and comments with our Housekeeping department. I hope you will come back to visit us again, I am sure we can do a better job on a future stay. If you need any help booking a room, please contact me directly.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here for a conference in May - sadly my room did not oversee the Arch, but it was literally across the street. Really nice park there, by the river. The Hyatt rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the food is good. I had a long wait to eat on the first night of my conference, when the Ruth's Chris closed for a holiday and the other restaurant was overloaded, but they left me chocolates in the room as an apology, which I thought was lovely.

I was a little disappointed at having a standing shower instead of a tub, because I would have taken a hot bath (best way to relax after a busy conference day), but otherwise the bathroom was really excellent.

It's a very short walk to the America's Center; I didn't really venture further but it seems like a good central location for business.

Room Tip: I assume they save rooms with Arch views for the frequent fliers, but it can't hurt to ask. A bi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Crakin79 thank you so much for the 5-Star review! When you do come back to visit, please make sure to ask for a room with a tub, we can usually accommodate that request. Please make sure to visit us again during a Cardinal's game, it’s a lot of fun and we offer terrific packages that can include breakfast or parking.

Kim Halbrehder - Assistant Director of Rooms
Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!